• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Skeggy47

Skeggy47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:24 PM

Why is OGT now restricting the use of Community Courses which have until now been free to all. I play at PGLS which it seems from now on might not get any new courses to use

#2 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:32 PM

All Any designer has to do, is upload his or her course over there, if he/she wants to.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#3 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:55 PM

already answered by OGT Admins here http://www.perfectpa...required/page-2

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:06 PM

Hey Guys,

The courses were made members only in an effort to eventually not be a central distribution point.  Our site keeps growing and server performance is always a concern.  I've been told PGLS have a great course page, so hopefully anyone who doesn't have access can get courses there.  For now, we've left the list up (will eventually be taken down) so that people can compare or see what courses are available on both sites while people work through this.  If for whatever reason we have a course that is unavailable anywhere, please let us know.  If someone needs anything just let us know. 

We are also looking at other alternatives (bring back ads but only for those pages).  
thanks

Sounds like we all should bookmark PGLS as the place to go for courses now and moving forward.
  • Joe Habiger, scajjr29, balaceanca81 and 1 other like this

#5 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:13 PM

Already sorted by PGLS Admin here http://www.perfectpa...e-2#entry165518

• Joe Habiger likes this

PGLS - Free for all players of Perfect Golf

http://pgls.golfladd.../pgls_intro.php

#6 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:30 AM

To be totally honest until I saw this come up in another thread I didn't even know OGT was still active for anything other than simulator tour as it's where they were headed a long time ago anyway. Just go to go PGLS as stated above and you will have no issues.

#7 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:35 AM

I'll try again. Does PGLS have any requirements for accepting new courses? Any sort of vetting being done once the course is uploaded?

I'm not worried about basic testing. I'm not registered there but I don't see anything of use in this matter.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:41 AM

Larry it would be best if you just wonder on over there and have a look and read. Mark has put up a new section

for new courses,and there has always been a beta testers forum and has always been open 

to all members.

• axe360 likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:36 AM

To be totally honest until I saw this come up in another thread I didn't even know OGT was still active for anything other than simulator tour as it's where they were headed a long time ago anyway. Just go to go PGLS as stated above and you will have no issues.

Hmm - I guess I was the only one still downloading there.

But, to be fair, the OGT pinned threads here and the mention of it in the game interface might lead others astray.

It seems like Mike & Co. would be wise to deemphasize and/or remove any and all mentions of OGT as it relates to getting more courses.

• Perculator likes this

#10 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:17 AM

I use the pgls course checker,what a time saver..
  • fungolfer, scoops100 and DoGgs like this

#11 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:41 AM

It seems like Mike & Co. would be wise to deemphasize and/or remove any and all mentions of OGT as it relates to getting more courses.

On the contrary, if PG2 is going to be a simulator only game, then OGT would be the logical site to where these players would need to get the courses from.   Especially since there is a subscription to play the simulator and use of the software.   Just a guess though. 

• Eden Borg likes this

#12 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:27 PM

Well if it is going to be a simulator game only why would designers make courses they couldn't play? I am not buying that it would be simulator only as yes that is big money but so is console and the PC community is where most of the designers are. I still believe if there is a JNPG2 it will be on all systems.
  • Tigers Agent and RobV like this

#13 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:11 PM

Well if it is going to be a simulator game only why would designers make courses they couldn't play? I am not buying that it would be simulator only as yes that is big money but so is console and the PC community is where most of the designers are. I still believe if there is a JNPG2 it will be on all systems.

I hope you are right, Greens!  

#14 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

On the contrary, if PG2 is going to be a simulator only game, then OGT would be the logical site to where these players would need to get the courses from.   Especially since there is a subscription to play the simulator and use of the software.   Just a guess though. 

Interesting idea.

That would be a break from their model so far however, as those users have a tightly integrated 1st party software package with new courses being added by Trackman only - at least so far they do (to your point)

Update:  Just yesterday the Trackman users actually got 4 more courses added to their software (news via their Instagram).

• RobV likes this

#15 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:35 PM

Not to tangent here too much but what are your favorite courses in this game, Buck?

#16 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:27 PM

Not to tangent here too much but what are your favorite courses in this game, Buck?

I have a somewhat curated list of about 30.

I love all the ones that Rob C and M Rose make, And I also love each of the classic renditions courses…

When I’m back at my computer later today I’ll post my entire course list

#17 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

That was somewhat going to be my guess. So, I'm thinking you favor community made courses.

Trackman users have no access to the community courses, do they? (I really have no idea on this answer)

So, we've got that on them if that's the case. We then have a much larger course database with courses you tend to favor in design styles you favor.

I've never seen a PP course with overlay technique like Classic Renditions.

I know FSX and E6 have no user designed courses available as well.

Just pointing out, we may actually have it better.

(NB - I own Protee courses - never play, I own TGC - rarely play, I own FSX - never play, I own JNPG - regularly play)

#18 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:36 PM

That was somewhat going to be my guess. So, I'm thinking you favor community made courses.

Trackman users have no access to the community courses, do they? (I really have no idea on this answer)

So, we've got that on them if that's the case. We then have a much larger course database with courses you tend to favor in design styles you favor.

I've never seen a PP course with overlay technique like Classic Renditions.

I know FSX and E6 have no user designed courses available as well.

Just pointing out, we may actually have it better.

I guess I should’ve added that I totally love all the first party courses and would really really love access to them even though I know we won’t get it at this point.

I am not sure that we have it better since they are getting actual updates to their software and more and more first party courses.

I guess we just have it different but I don’t know about better especially as their course Library grows.

Also being an official Trackman User aligns with the goals of the company. We are here hanging on and just hoping that our access and server usage doesn’t get shut down all the sudden. With no financial incentive to keep things going I don’t find our position to be particularly great long-term.

At the minimum it is uncertain… Which is not a lot of fun for those of us that do love the game
  • RobV and DPRoberts like this

#19 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:48 PM

Fair points about our position. For the moment, I still argue we have a better course database.

#20 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:04 PM

Fair points about our position. For the moment, I still argue we have a better course database.

For now - No question..

I just find our position fairly precarious, at least longer term... 

It'd be amazing to have Trackman commit publicly to some type of future for PG1 (and hopefully PG2) on PC.

At this point, I'd almost prefer to be paying for server access so that we have some daylight showing that there's an incentive for them to keep PG1 around/operating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users