389 replies to this topic

#181 GolfGuy72_2000

GolfGuy72_2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:07 AM

Masterpiece, and master class of what can be done in the designer.

As an aside, I'm one of those aforementioned aggravated simulator users whose subscription Trackman will be terminating come next August. This course along with a few others give me reason to keep JNPG on my drive for mouse-based rounds.

Truly amazing work!

#182 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:09 AM

Just two quick ones from the botanical test center...

TIoldpP.jpg

PBb3FdT.jpg

• balaceanca81 likes this

#183 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:16 AM

Unbelievable!

Have you some kind of a stump spline mesh to fade trees' roots that way??

Those road's are spectacular.

That club house and the grass bushes beside it. WOW! You are definitely a pro. Most of us are just dabblers, but you are a pro!

And that skybox. It's very nice also. Any change you could share it or some other boxes? I have found very hard to find any decent sky boxes. I can share anything you want, if I have something you might want/need.

Is there a change you could start coding us a new golf sim too. We could need one SOON.

#184 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 04 October 2019 - 09:00 AM

I do not want to rush you in any way Birdie :D but ... is a 2019 '1st beta' :lol: release a possibility maybe?.. I'm sure we players will be very forgiving in our remarks ;). Would be nice to have a go on MS. Even if you only have 1 pin position per hole that's ok. Even if the load-in time takes 5 minutes. No problem. Even if the course is 1 GB. We wont complain. Promise! B) We also promise to be very gentle and repair all divots and pitchmarks. -_- Cross my heart!!  :P What do you think? Good idea? ... :rolleyes: 

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#185 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 12:37 PM

Looks great. Terrain mesh blend shader? Is the connection to tree and mesh separate or part of the SpeedTree?

#186 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:35 PM

Unbelievable!

Have you some kind of a stump spline mesh to fade trees' roots that way??

Those road's are spectacular.

That club house and the grass bushes beside it. WOW! You are definitely a pro. Most of us are just dabblers, but you are a pro!

And that skybox. It's very nice also. Any change you could share it or some other boxes? I have found very hard to find any decent sky boxes. I can share anything you want, if I have something you might want/need.

Is there a change you could start coding us a new golf sim too. We could need one SOON.

Looks great. Terrain mesh blend shader? Is the connection to tree and mesh separate or part of the SpeedTree?

First of all, definitely no pro and no coder. Just trial and error my best and using my eyes to get the things looking like i want it. Helpful tools or assets are of course welcome too.

This sky is a payware from i think https://www.hdri-skies-360.com so no way to share. The grasses are edited ones of the Speedtree Desktop Grass package or other plants transformed to grasses in the Modeler. And for the path i could show in detail how i did it if you like. I already described it a little somewhere. 

DP, you're right. I used this shader for the trunk blending. https://assetstore.u...-blending-38742

I think it was one of my first assets but couldn't get it to work in that time. Don't even know what i wanted to do with it. Now i remembered and thought i give it a try again. I tried different approaches but the best looking or working seems to export the Speedtree mesh, duplicate and edit the lower end and import this part as an new object to place the shader on. And then there was still a lot of finetuning needed in terms of colors, normals and whatever material settings. Maybe the CF "terrain" and also the overlay technique makes it even more complicated to blend. Every tree has slightly different colored ground underneath... Still testing but so far nothing which works easy and out of the box for every tree as far as i tested. But anyway a nice addition to maybe trees which are really in play or in focus on the fairway or around the green.

Btw is it somehow possible to save such a combination of Speedtree plus its additional and correctly positioned blend base as a prefab or something like this? I already tried the blend shader on a Speedtree directly in the material slots. I widened the base in the modeler before. But that ended a little confusing because of the different LODs materials, shader variables, recalculation and whatever.... :wacko:    

I do not want to rush you in any way Birdie :D but ... is a 2019 '1st beta' :lol: release a possibility maybe?.. I'm sure we players will be very forgiving in our remarks ;). Would be nice to have a go on MS. Even if you only have 1 pin position per hole that's ok. Even if the load-in time takes 5 minutes. No problem. Even if the course is 1 GB. We wont complain. Promise! B) We also promise to be very gentle and repair all divots and pitchmarks. -_- Cross my heart!!  :P What do you think? Good idea? ... :rolleyes:

Yes, i will definitely release something this year. No matter if still alpha or beta. I will have a basic planting all over the course "soon". The foresting goes really quickly when copying parts from the few holes already planted. And there is one pin of each difficulty atm. Will for sure have to add another set and also edit the placement. Load times are about the same as Melbourne without tea time... @450-475mb atm.

• Charles likes this

#187 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:34 AM

:wub:YIPPEEEEYAHOOOOOOOOO!!!! :wub:

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#188 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:00 AM

Switched to linear deferred and LOD0-world.

In linear space there was always such an heavy shine on the terrain but this workaround was the key https://forum.unity....ith-5-2.352567/

I also turned down all LODs to about 1-3% and only kept the "fake" LOD0 at 100%. I couldn't live with this messed up billboards and black trees anymore.

Also saturation doesn't hurt too much anymore...

mZ8bYCt.jpg

FC3bZQU.jpg

8wmHSeV.jpg

No more reshade btw.

• luetze, balaceanca81, Buck and 2 others like this

#189 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:43 AM

Just totally awesome birdie!

#190 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:32 AM

Need to get you YouTube streaming your work. Your patience with the whole process is outstanding.
  • cajuncapgun likes this

#191 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:36 AM

Looking amazing!

#192 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:56 AM

Release it!!!!

• ✠ davef ✠ and Charles like this

#193 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:31 AM

Release it!!!!

This guy is driving us crazy. It's like watching a never ending striptease. :lol:

• JoeF and ✠ davef ✠ like this

= Arnold Palmer =

#194 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:52 AM

This guy is driving us crazy. It's like watching a never ending striptease. :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• DPRoberts likes this

#195 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:50 AM

waiting for this course is like waiting for PG2 and more then likely 

will take as long to get, if it ever happens. as for the stripper will she ever get her clothes off,lol

• balaceanca81 likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#196 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

Thanks guys! I have to say I even don't release my underwear anymore to save time for finishing this course...

#197 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:39 PM

Really like the look of the skybox.  Is this course the Masters course?  Also with the heavy planting (2nd screenshot) how is the FPS?  Looking forward to the release of this one.

RTSM - Pro

#198 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:14 AM

Really like the look of the skybox. Is this course the Masters course? Also with the heavy planting (2nd screenshot) how is the FPS? Looking forward to the release of this one.

Yes, it's the Masters course. I'm aiming for an average of about 60fps, on my machine...

#199 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:41 AM

Some lakeside striptease. Could have also been posted in the 3d grass observations thread as these brownish, lets call it Lilly Pad bushes are also done with the grass shader. I made the size a little wider and just scrolled through some Speedtree leaf atlases of my trees and one really matched the "normal" Water Lillies really nicely. Another example of "misusing" the tools. Also not sure about overall saturation, in some areas it looks better with, in some without. The first two shots are with a little more saturation. In between i edited some ground textures and then made some shots with less saturation. Here i like the saturation but overall i feel it looks better with a little less saturation. Really depends on the viewing angle too. Endless story and still only 5.2.3....

0Uq8nD9.jpg

oczJE28.jpg

VvbaxBX.jpg

1jfyFnZ.jpg

pCDa9WA.jpg

P6zghiP.jpg

• bortimus, balaceanca81 and Justin9926 like this

#200 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip