389 replies to this topic

#141 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:37 AM

Did you get that much contrast in your colors before reshade? The top two images with the bridge are so gritty and un-Unity like. What is this lighting magic you are pulling off?

Forget the videos of you playing the course. Just video you at work on your course...
  • Birdie likes this

#142 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:40 AM

will  definitely be the best first course ever by a newbie. We are not worthy. truly unbelivable stuff birdie.all i can say is ,what the ..........

im not sure im using the same program as you.haha!

p.s. i think trackman hired the wrong guy.

• Joe Habiger and Birdie like this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#143 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:03 AM

I can feel the Pacific breeze...  ^_^

• Birdie likes this

#144 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:00 AM

All future courses will be judged on the birdie scale,with 10 being a perfect birdie. :lol:  :blink:

• Joe Habiger, Charles and Birdie like this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#145 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:05 AM

WOW

Great work. Can't wait to play this beauty

clint

• Birdie likes this

#146 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for all these comments! Really raises the fun even more...

DP, this tonemapping of reshade can add a lot of contrast. I think most of all the defog setting. Also the gamma and brightness. But as always it's also a combination of different settings. I can provide them when back on the PC. I also want to check what it does with others courses.

#147 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:30 AM

Finally a slow and dirty flyaround on the course...

I also tried the reshade tonemapping on some other courses with mixed results. It really needs other tweaks and edits in Unity in conjunction to work best. Maybe darkening sky or bunkers, adjusting shadows or colors. It's really about finetuning and imagination. And probably best used with HDR turned on.

A little anecdote, i was out on the bicycle with son and wife a few days ago. It was a great late summer day driving by corn fields and forests and i really tried to store the colors in my brain and thought "there really must be more light and more dark on my course... how can i achieve this...". Completely addicted probably... And then this tonemapping was really what i was looking for.  :rolleyes: 

• Joe Habiger, Perculator, balaceanca81 and 4 others like this

#148 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:52 AM

This course will be the final release of any course for PG1. Trackman will decide they could never achieve what you have crafted in any version of Unity and you would make PG2 unnecessary.

Sleep with one eye open my friend...

3:46 - that's my new background image

• Birdie likes this

#149 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:19 AM

I've got one big problem...do you expect us to jump on to that floating tee?  :lol:

I can feel the sadness of the sim guys as they look at this and realise their time spent at Manila will be limited.  In a way it's a stiff upper lip to the TM owners (who are blameless btw) who won't get to play it.

• Birdie likes this

#150 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:58 AM

That looks very cool...Nice work

• Birdie likes this

#151 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:17 PM

Jiminy criminy... this isn't golf course design with course forge, this is pure art work.  Damn fine art work. When you release this it will probably shut down any further releases of golf courses.  Its already killed my interest in working on my current WIP which I now feel is a big ol turd.  lol

Curious... how are the frame rates doing to this point in the project?

• Birdie likes this

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#152 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:58 PM

Sweet stuff Birdie, wonderful job

• Birdie likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#153 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:55 PM

I've got one big problem...do you expect us to jump on to that floating tee? :lol:

Damn, you are right. Still no connecting bridge. I often thought I will add one the next time I open Unity but the problem is there are always 1000 other things which I also want to add or try the next time I open Unity...

#154 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:33 AM

Curious... how are the frame rates doing to this point in the project?

I get about 60fps on the first tee, on the 10th island tee about 65-70fps iirc. In some areas, around the first green for example, they go down to about 40fps. But on this hole there is 3d grass even on fairway and fringe and in the forest behind the cartpath and large amounts of speedtree planting. So there is still room for thinning out or un-overkilling things... I'm now also exclusively playing with render ON while swinging to keep attention for a smooth meter.
My specs are something like gtx1080ti, 6700k, 16gb ram at 3200mhz, ssd drives.
  • Charles likes this

#155 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:57 AM

So real , Birdie

• Birdie likes this

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#156 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:50 PM

For those interested i share some actual settings which i used on my course at the time of the video above.

If you like you can try them or use them for sure but they'll maybe not work out of the box on other courses without further adjusting or matching of different other things like textures, normals, shadows, ambience and and and...

Also i use these together with the reshade *.ini in this post and with dynamic sky OFF in game. I also turned down the in game "game brightness" to 80%. The other settings are at 100%. Your menu or meter might still look to bright if you try these settings but at least for me i'm okay with it if it makes the course look better.

Some of my Unity settings may also seem weird or technically incorrect settled. But if it looks right to my eyes i keep it no matter what the docs say. So use at your own risk...

The 3d rough atlas is from textures com of the 3d scans grass section btw.

ZFjXMJE.jpg

wQ3MR3L.jpg

aAB781U.jpg

rzZGh9v.jpg

dSgIpcA.jpg

ZFjXMJE.jpg

EDIT:

It seems i'm not permitted to upload an *.ini file. Renaming also doesn't work. So i post the reshade tonemap settings i used as a text here.

[Tonemap.fx]
Gamma=0.487000
Bleach=0.877000
Defog=0.056000
Exposure=0.203000
Saturation=-0.543000
FogColor=0.858824,0.392157,0.325490

• Dropzone73 likes this

#157 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:05 PM

looks  GREAT!!!!!!!

Dr Rob

• Birdie likes this

#158 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:56 PM

looks GREAT!!!!!!!

Dr Rob

Sounds great!!!

#159 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:01 PM

Words seem not enough to do this course justice. It's just unbelievable... :o All I can say: no wonder it's taking forever! :lol:

• Birdie likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#160 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

I get about 60fps on the first tee, on the 10th island tee about 65-70fps iirc. In some areas, around the first green for example, they go down to about 40fps. But on this hole there is 3d grass even on fairway and fringe and in the forest behind the cartpath and large amounts of speedtree planting. So there is still room for thinning out or un-overkilling things... I'm now also exclusively playing with render ON while swinging to keep attention for a smooth meter.
My specs are something like gtx1080ti, 6700k, 16gb ram at 3200mhz, ssd drives.

That sounds decent.  Mine always hold steady til I get within about 5% of completion.  Then its like I hit some threshold at which FPS can change quickly without making much change to the project.

Anyway, keep the pics coming...

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users