389 replies to this topic

#101 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:58 AM

Just curious, do you fly around in scene view or game view? I think I saw several videos where users were flying around in game view with play activated iirc. But mine seems locked somehow?

Both, but the camera only gets wacky in game view.   Its a unity thing and has something to do with the camera type and creating perspective.

I am not sure why your play button would be locked?  I notice you have different lighting... did you add anything to the camera?

i-F6twjsX-X3.jpg

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#102 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:58 PM

It's not my play button that is locked, it's just I can't move around in game view like in scene view. It's not really important for me as my scene view looks exactly like my game view in terms of visuals. It's probably a basic setting or action which I'm not aware of to be able to move around in game view. Maybe because I aligned my cam? So I can't tell if my game view would shake like yours or not as it's always static. At least atm also no additional scripts on the main cam, as most of them don't work as it seems.

#103 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:04 PM

Both, but the camera only gets wacky in game view. Its a unity thing and has something to do with the camera type and creating perspective.

I am not sure why your play button would be locked? I notice you have different lighting... did you add anything to the camera?

i-F6twjsX-X3.jpg

I don't often fly around in the game view but I believe if you change all your camera rotations in the inspector to 0 prior to going to game view and hitting play, you won't be drunk drone flying.
  • RobC likes this

#104 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:40 PM

Just googled a minute... Do I need a first person controller to move in game view? Really not that important but anyway...

#105 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:30 PM

No you don't and as Matt said do this to get rid of drunk camera.

CF Camera fix.

Before you activate the 'game' camera make sure the main camera rotation xyz values are set to 0,0,0 in the inspector

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#106 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:39 PM

Check your standard asset folder there should be a camera prefab in their that I presume Mike created for the CF tutorial. If there is just delete the camera you're using now and dragged that prefab into your scene. Then you'll have the ability to fly around.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#107 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

Alright and thanks! Will check this for sure when back at home. Then I probably will also have the standard scripts in order again settled on my cam which I lost or deleted somehow.

#108 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:05 PM

thanks for the info on camera... hate the tilt

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#109 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:08 PM

Well if this really does work than I am here and my 3 other courses I am working on slowly (VERY SLOWLY) will look even more impressive!

This would breathe extreme new interest in this forum and JNPG forsure. Since Andrew and Mike don't even post here anymore i'm sure they could give a crap about us but we wouldn't even need them anymore unless they take it off steam and then we are stuck with nothing and that's what I'm scared of.

Joe, it is interesting that you brought up the point about taking PG off the steam server. I have wondered about this happening in view of that possibility becoming a reality. In case that happens, I know that online play would no longer exist. Are you saying that if we loose the Steam Server, all the custom courses will no longer be playable? If so, the PG platform including all applicable courses rendered are totally useless?

#110 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:45 AM

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#111 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:38 PM

An update as the course is nearly splined now. Still need to finetune elevation on most holes, smooth cartpaths and and and. Also did some more grass experimentation with short fade settings on the fairway as well as to get a less carpet-like or uniform look on the rough. In the shots of the forest the density falloff is way too far and the game gets unplayable even with my 1080ti. I just couldn't resist for some screenshots. Tried a new approach here which i will share tomorrow. I think it can be very useful for forest floor or rugged areas and so on.

p5kgh24.jpg

PV790Al.jpg

6qTdIVt.jpg

n821dCY.jpg

2ylJTkV.jpg

9LtOB9t.jpg

rRqhCME.jpg

AFBGuwY.jpg

HXi9vas.jpg

• Mike Jones, luetze, Joe Habiger and 11 others like this

#112 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:01 AM

Would love to sit for a day and watch you work on your course.

You've really got a beautiful blend of magic with so many different elements at play. Can't wait to get to spend time flying around on it.
  • NoPutt and Birdie like this

#113 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:21 AM

Take those visuals and add more mo-capped avatars, player sound effect/commentary and some in-game achievements = you'd never hear me complain about PG1 again.

• Joe Habiger likes this

#114 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:40 PM

Would love to sit for a day and watch you work on your course.

You've really got a beautiful blend of magic with so many different elements at play. Can't wait to get to spend time flying around on it.

Thanks, DP! Really appreciate such nice comments.

Yes, I also love flying around on the course and I maybe sometimes forget that in the end the mouse will be more important then the f5 key...
Finding the balance between eye candy and playability will be the biggest challenge.

#115 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

This course is taking forever and rightly so. This is looking almost unbelievable! :o The views and vistas are so exquisite, it truly will be a design high point in digital golf. What a treat. Some people think Birdy is just a cover name for Mike Jones ... :lol: but whoever you are Birdie, you are making a name for yourself. When this masterpiece is finished it will set a new benchmark i'm sure. You are reaching for the stars and there is nothing wrong with that. Fantastic! :wub:

• Birdie and SReesor like this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#116 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:19 AM

Thanks, Charles, for this bunch of flowers!
But I promise, I'm not MJ! I live in another country than he does, I have a less interesting job than he has, I probably even have less hair than he has. And most important, he has released 751 of the very best golf course designs, me not a single one. So...
But yeah, if I can contribute some bits which even he likes then I'm eventually on the right path.👉🤓
  • Charles likes this

#117 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:57 AM

Very very excited for this one.

I’m actually ok with it taking a while to “bake” in the oven as it may release about the time I eventually upgrade my GPU so I can fully enjoy it (and the other 3DG courses)
  • Charles likes this

#118 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:30 AM

this is looking epic

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#119 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:54 AM

Test-planting around the 10th hole.

Also already maximum focussing on optimizing speedtrees and other stuff for performance reasons now. Large spline meshes as zones in the Speedtree Modeler are critical because all trees on the zone share the same LODs. Same problematic as with the 3d grass. Tiny meshes and zones as well as one by one hand-planting seems to be the only option. 

xYqPRuJ.jpg

P7rgBbW.jpg

GsaLeBL.jpg

• Arsam, balaceanca81, NoPutt and 2 others like this

#120 Arsam

Arsam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:06 AM

​OMG Birdie, those look like photographs. I am drooling all over my keyboard in anticipation of playing this course.

• Birdie likes this

RTS-Mouse Swing, Pro Level, BLI

HP Pavilion 790-0025T Minitower Gaming PC
Intel Hexa-Core i7-8700 cpu @ 3.2 GHz (Turbo up to 4.6 GHz), 12 MB Cache
64-bit Operating Sys​tem, x64 Based Processor
400 Watt Power Supply
16 GB DDR4-26666MHz 2-DIMM Memory
NVidia GeForce GTX1060 3GB Gaming Graphic Card

DELL D3218HN 31.5" Full HD LED Back-Lit HDMI Monitor, 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz  Maximum Resolution, 4,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Windows 10 Home Edition, 64 bit - DirecrX v.12.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users