389 replies to this topic

#121 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 05:02 AM

I think the masses are calling for a video play through of a hole Birdie.
  • Birdie likes this

#122 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:30 PM

Looks great, love it when someone puts everything in to make a great course rather than 5 mediocre. Not that PG has 

any designers doing that.

• Birdie likes this

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#123 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

Video!
Video!
Video!
  • balaceanca81 and Birdie like this

#124 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:46 PM

Bump..Video,video... :D  ;)

• Birdie likes this

#125 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:52 AM

I think the masses are calling for a video play through of a hole Birdie.

The thing is none of the 18 holes is nearly finished or fully surrounded by vegetation. There are some spots or areas test-planted so far. So I don't know if it's worth it at this stage. I maybe could make a little f5 flyaround these places or place the golfer here or there and make a shot. And I would need to know how to capture it as video...

#126 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:46 AM

Looks great, love it when someone puts everything in to make a great course rather than 5 mediocre. Not that PG has 

any designers doing that.

It does - me (the courses aren't mediocre, my Courseforge skills are.)  That said they're not even close to finished...and no-one plays them anyway.

And I would need to know how to capture it as video...

Fraps is easy to use.  Produces a large file so might take a little while to upload if you don't compress it.

#127 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:39 PM

Fraps is easy to use. Produces a large file so might take a little while to upload if you don't compress it.

Alright, JT. I'll give Fraps a go then. This weekend I should have something captured.

What do you recommend where to upload it? Resolution, filesize... Any suggestions what I should aim for?

Apologize, never done these kind of things before...

#128 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:23 PM

Bandicam is not bad. You can use free version for video under 10 minutes but it puts the word Bandicam at the top.

I then upload the video to YouTube for sharing.

#129 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

For vids, I use VideoProc.  Techbargains periodically has a deal where you can buy the non-trail version for next to nothing.  I did that the first time, but then I swapped motherboards and have been running just the trial version.  I need to get it reactivated, but I always seem pressed for time when I go to use it...

https://www.videoproc.com/

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#130 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:46 PM

If you have a newer Nvidia card you probably have shadowplay which will record. Just download the GeForce experience so you can set it up. You can adjust in settings the file size to record. The only downside to shadowplay is you cannot pause the video while recording. Once I finished recording I use HandBrake video compressor to shrink the file size before uploading to YouTube.

HandBrake Video compressor

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#131 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:17 PM

If you have a newer Nvidia card you probably have shadowplay which will record. Just download the GeForce experience so you can set it up. You can adjust in settings the file size to record. The only downside to shadowplay is you cannot pause the video while recording. Once I finished recording I use HandBrake video compressor to shrink the file size before uploading to YouTube.

HandBrake Video compressor

I think this was specific to my build, but I had a problem with PG and GeForce experience.  Maybe "problem" is a strong word, but when I uninstalled the nvidia driver and then reinstalled without GeForce experience, my swing meter was smoother.  It didn't result in me shooting lower scores or anything like that, but it did improve the swing meter.

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#132 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:59 PM

Well I very seldom play PG anymore. But when I was play testing my own courses using three click I've never had a problem with the meter. The only time I ever have a problem with the meter is when the frame rates dropped in the low 30s and under.But then usually with three click or MS you can use the pause rendering and that will usually fix it. But can't use that with RTS

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#133 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:52 AM

OBS I use for streaming. You can stream directly to YouTube and have it archive it. No need to upload. Works well.

https://obsproject.com/

#134 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:46 AM

I'm very late on the video request... Did i say "next weekend" or so? I better said "soon"... :D

To be serious, it really wasn't possible so far for different reasons. I'm too slow and i don't like to upload something which i'm not really happy with. Also i started playing with "stop render while swinging" turned off. First the change of the colors and lighting when render stops is a little annoying but then i thought it's also a good practice to get a feel for fluidity or maybe what fps i need for a fluid swing meter. So i continued to optimize as much as i can while keeping the visuals as high as i can. I'm between 60-70fps at the tee shots of hole 1, 9, 10 now. These are still the most populated holes which i also surrounded with trees and where is a lot of 3d grass. There is also a lot of reflective MJocean (as lakes and ponds), HD sky and other things going on so i'm quite happy with the performance atm. Here or there the frames go down to 30-40. On hole 1 there is also the fringe and fairway 3d grassed, don't know if i'll keep it in the end. One thing i sadly couldn't keep for performance reasons was my beloved particle haze. It adds so much to a course i think.

So i finally made a rough Bandycam video of about 10min with some shots and flyarounds on hole 1, 9 and 10. I'm uploading it on youtube atm but it's about 30GB and it's damn slow progressing. So i don't know if i'll keep the PC running until it's finished tomorrow or if not i'll make a shorter one. Maybe someone also can suggest some settings/format i should use in Bandycam?

BTW it seems Bandycam steels about 15-20FPS. So the course plays much more fluid without recording in the background or as it looks in the video.

(edit: 3% upload since one hour... :wacko:)

#135 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:24 AM

30 GB is humongous for 10 minutes of video.  I use the video capture software Geforce Experience that is available to use with Nvidia video cards.  You can download it at the below link if you don't have it already.   For the default capture settings the file size is under 3 GB for 10 minutes of video.  This will make the upload faster.

https://www.geforce....rience/download

There are also lossless video editing programs out there like Machete that allow you to edit out unneeded parts of a video (or separate a clip from the rest of the video) without any quality loss.  Machete is very easy to use and a trial version can be found here.  Very handy to use before uploading to youtube. 

http://www.macheteso...MacheteInst.msi

Also, it's not a system resource hog like other capture programs.  I hardly know it's on when I'm playing.

• Birdie likes this

#136 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:59 AM

Thanks a lot yesrushdt! Will check your options for sure. Atm i'm converting the video with an AVG freeware thing but i don't expect much...

Btw while waiting i just turned on a reshade tonemap filter and adjusted some in game graphic settings and am pretty amazed how the course changed its face again. So i'm anyway probably doing another take on the video. 

Also thanks to all who also suggested some capture options. Will check what works best... 

#137 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:04 AM

While waiting...

gjOo4us.jpg

eRJDZt9.jpg

B9Y5Xxf.jpg

IgfhHRK.jpg

n56a0v9.jpg

xcfQe9G.jpg

WT3jlD0.jpg

• balaceanca81, Dropzone73 and DPRoberts like this

#138 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:09 AM

While waiting longer...

3HB45lC.jpg

dO8HwJ4.jpg

WrJJQKU.jpg

7ttdhWD.jpg

j0vQ4H0.jpg

t9m4EVw.jpg

m9JhujN.jpg

23dtxNF.jpg

Dedicated to all leftover JNPG lost souls who believe in the best golf sim ever. :D

• xooze, LeazesNDR, balaceanca81 and 4 others like this

#139 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:13 AM

My.  Lord...

Gorgeous - just gorgeous!!

• Birdie likes this

#140 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:17 AM

You have no equal when it comes to Unity 5_2_3f...

True talent is the guy that produces the Sistine Chapel ceiling replica with a box of 12 generic crayons.

Too bad I may never get to experience it on my simulator... Haha
  • Birdie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users