#281 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:41 AM

It is a work of art, no doubt about it. So now for the "Million Dollar Question"? You know what it is, don't you?

#282 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:54 AM

Just an opinion but if the course is playable, just release it as dozens if not more people playing it is better than one to find out any issues.  Not very many courses if any are "perfect" when initially released. 

RTSM - Pro

#283 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:54 AM

Just an opinion but if the course is playable, just release it as dozens if not more people playing it is better than one to find out any issues. Not very many courses if any are "perfect" when initially released.

There are still some major flaws to clean out to make it at least an alpha or beta. And then I definitely will need your help and input in terms of playability. You are absolutely right that this is better given to the community. I made the mistake first not to just finish the course itself before adding fancy stuff. Maybe today I could get the overhead better match the Lidar straight away, I don't know. But in the beginning I couldn't so I had and have to make manual corrections to the terrain and I passed the point of no return a long time ago...
  • RobC likes this

#284 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:55 AM

It is a work of art, no doubt about it. So now for the "Million Dollar Question"? You know what it is, don't you?

It is a digital nightmare...
  • Mike Jones and RobC like this

#285 GolfGuy72_2000

GolfGuy72_2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:31 PM

This looks amazing, Birdie! It's been fun to watch your progress. Can't imagine how you make your livelihood. If you do it with this level of skill and evident passion, you really must have a happy employer - or happy customers! Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the playable version!

• Birdie likes this

#286 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:38 PM

Just an opinion but if the course is playable, just release it as dozens if not more people playing it is better than one to find out any issues.  Not very many courses if any are "perfect" when initially released. 

Amen! to that.

#287 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:20 AM

Looking wonderful.
A little YouTube inspiration from some other games. Would love to watch these environments be put together. (Jump past the first 15 seconds of sales pitch)

#288 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:22 AM

Looking wonderful.
A little YouTube inspiration from some other games. Would love to watch these environments be put together. (Jump past the first 15 seconds of sales pitch)

I can't imagine it getting much better than this.

#289 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:14 AM

Looking wonderful.

Really mindblowing these scenes...

#290 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:15 AM

Some first Blender edits on the 9th island green's lips to make them hang over a bit.

uPAlpGL.jpg

Ur5uo2r.jpg

6DjjHcq.jpg

• IanK likes this

#291 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:22 AM

Btw these shots are in 4k topped with some Reshade so the frames suffer a bit. But i found running a bit lower in 1440p with the same reshade settings which includes a strong sharpener and also a gausian blur still looks good while giving much better fps. The combination of sharpening and blurring might sound weird but i found it simply looks right while it keeps the grass in the foreground crisp and smoothens the back at the same time.  

• jmk59 likes this

#292 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:08 AM

Lovely work as usual.

I thought I'd mention in case your monitor isn't showing it, but the Reshade looks to be adding a strong yellow color cast to all your screenshots.

E.g. here's one of your pics (top) with the color cast removed (bottom). It still looks a warm light to me, but coming from JNPG's lighting rather than Reshade - meaning the UI isn't yellowed, nor whites such as shoes, buggies, or specular highlights as much.

aF1fqgE.jpg

#293 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:18 AM

The graphics on this course are out of this world good....

#294 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:41 AM

Lovely work as usual.

I thought I'd mention in case your monitor isn't showing it, but the Reshade looks to be adding a strong yellow color cast to all your screenshots.

E.g. here's one of your pics with the color cast removed below it. It still looks a warm light to me, but coming from JNPG's lighting rather than Reshade - meaning the UI isn't yellowed, nor whites such as shoes, buggies, or specular highlights as much.

aF1fqgE.jpg

Yes, you are right. Last night after uploading these screens and seeing them directly below the yt from DP I also thought hmmm... Sure different conditions and moods but probably still a little to yellowish. But I change the coloring more frequently than my underwear so the last word is not spoken...
  • shimonko likes this

#295 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 12:51 AM

PG1 is dead? Yes, some parts of it...

M4Dd3Ou.jpg

Fxf69rD.jpg

xagxA2g.jpg

Most of the vertices of these Maxtree trees are also dead and killed by me. And all their materials are also dead and pressed into an atlas. They now live as single-material-Speedtree-freaks...

nH9QLtn.jpg

• Mike Jones, bortimus, balaceanca81 and 3 others like this

#296 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 04 April 2020 - 01:45 AM

question i am wondering if we will ever see a course or covid 19

be cured first.

what your guess anyone

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#297 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 02:50 AM

question i am wondering if we will ever see a course or covid 19

be cured first.

what your guess anyone

Covid19 

• ✠ davef ✠ and balaceanca81 like this

#298 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 09:10 AM

Better that there are still designers creating courses for PG than no designers at all.

• Birdie likes this

#299 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 04 April 2020 - 11:04 AM

Better that there are still designers creating courses for PG than no designers at all.

well i got to agree with you on that.

In my mind to be considered a designer, i guess you would need a course

out there being played, and not just a bunch of pretty pictures in a 14 month old thread.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#300 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:00 PM

well i got to agree with you on that.

In my mind to be considered a designer, i guess you would need a course

out there being played, and not just a bunch of pretty pictures in a 14 month old thread.

Well Dave I think your out of your mind if you don't think what Birdie is doing doesn't classify him as a designer. There's a lot of stuff that birdie has posted that a bunch of the other designers have used and learn from. The number one thing would be the 3-D grass. He's the one that came across that Shader first and started to experiment with it. Then mastermind DP jumped in and helped the rest of the community with it.

Unless you have built a course yourself you have no clue what it takes to learn all these different programs. I'm working on Kinloch GC which I started last May. Worked on it for about a month and just got tired of looking at it. Went off to the golf club and played for maybe two months on it till it totally bored me to death. I could teach my dog how to swing their device (on beginner) it may be a little more challenging for him at Pro :D . My point being it's hard to just stay plugging away at it for so long. And don't forget some designers actually have jobs and don't work on their course 24-7. It may just be a weekend hobby for him. 

Keep plugging away at it Birdie. The course is looking fantastic. Plus with all the detail you're putting into it, if you can pull off frame rates that are playable you're going to need to do a bunch of tutorials for us. :)

Justin

• Mike Jones, JoeF, xooze and 11 others like this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users