#321 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:36 AM

Galleries do add a lot to the overall look but you are absolutely right, I have never seen any either that actually looked good. The crowds in earlier versions of TW actually looked better than they did in 2007 and later. We used to call them the Zombies from Night of the Living Dead.

#322 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:44 AM

Better be carefull Birdie, if this course starts looking any better than it already does, the PG crew might have redesign a whole new platform just to compliment your course creation.

#323 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:58 PM

Wow,...impressive screen shots

cant wait to fire up this baby

Nice work Bird man!

Dr Rob

#324 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 April 2020 - 02:03 AM

Wow,...impressive screen shots

cant wait to fire up this baby

Nice work Bird man!

Dr Rob

Hey Rob, Birdie is looking for some desingers to share a little of the load in bringing this project to the finish line. You were the first man I thought of. Interested?

#325 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:09 AM

I feel the forces and the pressure... :D
And as i'm definitely interested how this runs on other machines i'll try to prepare one or two tech alphas.

To be serious i sometimes also thought if i should better ask the community if there is interest in a cooperational work to make a release come a little sooner.

Honestly, cooperational work WILL NOT work because you keep trying to do and add new things. If you never stop trying it will never get released. It's your course you don't have to release it at all but I honestly don't think you can stop trying new asset packages and new types of blender stuff which only kills us because we will never see a version. I think all of us designers love what You and DP Roberts have done for us in showing us new things (You specifically) but he has at least released two courses..lol

I never meant no ill will towards this reply but we'll never even see a beta unless you just stop adding and trying new things.  :D

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#326 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:48 PM

This wasn't actually meant as an inquiry. I was just thinking maybe... if... eventually one day...

And yes, there was and is a lot of experimentation and fooling around. But generally at least a tech alpha is ready. I just want to optimize a few things the next days. I killed the SpeedMaxtrees billboards and will replace the outer trees with some highly simplified leaf card versions to hopefully gain back some fps.
  • Joe Habiger, xooze and RobC like this

#327 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:35 AM

This Reshade ray tracing shader is really a killer. Here together with a bit of bloom. Also with dynamic sky on this works great.

F7pXqj5.jpg

PGJDn72.jpg

JzBzF8c.jpg

• Mike Jones, Keith, balaceanca81 and 4 others like this

#328 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:52 AM

Good lord

That is sensational Birdie

This shot (below) is out. of. this. world.

So so good

PGJDn72.jpg

#329 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 01:39 AM

Looking good can't wait to try the tech alpha.

#330 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 08:27 AM

Don't want to rush you birdie but August is fast approaching.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#331 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 08:54 AM

Will try to upload a pre-alpha tonight. Can someone recommend a host where I don't have to share too much private data?
Mega nz?
Upload-newbie here...

#332 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 10 May 2020 - 09:05 AM

Most people use Mega I think...Don't know about the Data bit tho

#333 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 04:21 PM

Will try to upload a pre-alpha tonight. Can someone recommend a host where I don't have to share too much private data?
Mega nz?
Upload-newbie here...

Very exciting!  It sure looks amazing in the screens.  How is FPS holding up Birdie?

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#334 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 10 May 2020 - 08:12 PM

I see 33 fps in the last screenshot, if he is not in 4k you 1080p boys will not be happy and us 4k boys won't be able to play it at all.

• erwildcat likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#335 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 11:22 PM

Generally in 4k with everything at max. Only tree detail distance slider is at 1.5. You will gain lots of fps with not much of an visual downgrade at this setting. I would say this slider is the most important on this course.

This ray tracing shader which was used in these last screens is also very fps hungry. This can easily eat 10-20fps alone. And this spot on the 9th island green with the 3dg and the clubhouse and some really high poly palms around is probably the most demanding area on the course. There is still lots of room for some decimating and optimization. I more or less just replaced all my vegetation with a handy replacer script to include the Maxtree stuff. I only prepared a few species and will replace some with less demanding ones and so on. But on most holes you should be able to play in a smooth 4k, at least in the actual state and given you have some decent hardware.

And if nothing helps, even with a resolution a step down at 2560x1440 it shouldn't look that bad. This shot is at about the same location as in the shot above but you see 60+fps. No ray tracing, but a bit of reshade sharpening for compensation and some bloom. Don't know how this would look on a projector but for the old fashioned PC player it should be okay.

pB8w0pr.jpg

#336 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 11:26 PM

Download should be available in a few minutes i hope....

• mcthommo and IanK like this

#337 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:02 AM

Couldn't resist, so...

Soon on your desktop. Fluid simulated water fountains... (i know, stupid presenting these with just some screenshots...)

6fG0fQI.jpg

keth7LJ.jpg

• balaceanca81, Buck, Justin9926 and 1 other like this

#338 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:31 AM

Here is a tiny WIP (Water In Progress...) and my journey to get this working. This is made of mesh sequences, for example Blender fluid simulation or Alembic cached sequences where every frame of the motion is represented by its own mesh. You export the frames/meshes of each frame from Blender as *.objs in a folder so you have lets say 200 objs or whatever depending on the lenght of the sequence. I was very excited when i put all these obj meshes In Unity as children in a parent object and was able to play them back with a little MeshSequencer script i found. This script simply enables and disables one after one child/frame and you also can adjust the playback speed. This worked perfectly in Unity editor and game mode as well.... but sadly like with so many scripts it didn't work in JNPG. 

So i tried to find a workaround. First i tried it manually with animation clips which indeed works. You can enable/disable objects by time but it's a lot of work to setup 200-300 frames. I made a fluid sequence by animation clip with just ten frames and it already didn't look that bad.

Then i was reading something about a Unity GameObjectRecorder or HierarchyRecorder. But this only works from Unity 2017 and up. So, installed Unity 2017. BTW what a great experience when you first open a newer Unity version than we are used to. You instantly think "if we only could..."

Okay, then i imported my objs to Unity 2017, attached the MeshSequence script and the HierarchyRecorder script (which I had to edit a bit by trial and error tactic...) and, to make it not too long..., in the end this Recorder script spits out a *.anim file with all these 2 billion enables/disables.

And luckily these 2017 anim files also work in Unity 5 so i then attached it on my parent obj there and finally it was working.

Here is a short preview what this can produce. The fountain in the back i have to record again. But i also will not keep both fountains on this lake. I just placed them all there while testing. In game it's even more fluid. Bandycam, Unity and Blender in the background probably dropped the framerate a bit.

https://youtu.be/_NkaEgZAKYw

• DPRoberts likes this

#339 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:52 AM

Birdie, I'm wondering if you have fixed any of the issues reported after you released the first preview version.  For example, adding collision properties to trees and drops when balls are hit in to hazards.  If I remember correctly there were a couple of tee boxes that had trees directly in front. 

I am waiting for these fixes before playing your course again.  Thanks.

RTSM - Pro

#340 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:51 AM

Birdie, great work. I love your persistence.

I have no clue about how you've accomplished that. I am curious, though, did you ever try and import the .blend file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users