41 replies to this topic

#1 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:36 AM

Dam stuttering , 1st noticed it 3 weeks ago now getting worse & worse,also the sliders, think i'll stop playing tourneys.

Too frustrating.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:08 AM

kenny not sure about your problem.

i have not noticed a thing i was thinking just yesterday that the meter is running as smooth

as ever. starting to think it could be a connection issue for the few that seem to have this problem. but it has been hashed out for ever in these forums. i would do a total clean out of the computer if i was having the problem.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:28 AM

No issues here either.  I was getting sliders occasionally but haven't had one for over a month now.

#4 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:46 AM

Why do people even think its the game lol,  crazy!  the game has not changed, received updates or new features.  First thing i would do is check what you have running in the background of windows, go to services and hide all microsoft services then disable everything else.  If you want smooth game play in any game you need your PC to be more console than personal computer..Anti virus = Gone!  I have never used one in 25 years and never had an issue, standard win 10 protection is fine by me.  Any apps to do with apple...Gone!  For your graphics driver don't go with express installation when you grab a new one, just select driver only and leave all the added rubbish, you don't need it.  Go into Nvidia control panel and streamline graphical options there if you need to, do this before you do anything in game options,  it's not the game folks its your computer! 

• Pappy, ✠ davef ✠, Buck and 3 others like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#5 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:28 PM

The weakness to the "it's your computer" argument is that it can never be a consistently true argument. What Doggs says holds a lot of credence but :-

Disabling any app or service needs a depth of knowledge as to what that is going to affect the computer. There's a lot of stuff that shouldn't be disturbed but the average user has no idea whether disabling will do good or bad things. Google this and any tech site will say it not something that should be messed with unless the knowledge is there so that the user makes the correct decision.

I have no Apple apps and I would guess many others here don't either.

Where is the evidence to suggest that any anti-virus programme affects the meter smoothness plus they are not all the same anyhow so there's another area of inconsistency.

Go on gamer forums and suggestions to eliminate stutter problems vary widely so no consistency there.

Some people have stuttering and some have the slider problem and some people have both. Again an inconsistent picture.

I'd be willing to bet that many of those who have no issues haven't done any of the cleanup jobs mentioned above so cleanups aren't the be all and end all. Whilst quite a lot of folks have reported meter issues they are still in the minority so a much larger number don't have issues. Those people don't all use the same make of computer with the same set up and the same programmes. Those rigs vary enormously. So an inconsistency of hardware and software produces a consistently good experience. That's hard to get your head around.

My problem has  been the slide by and this started too long ago for me to remember but one thing I'll always swear by is that they started after an update from PG. Don't ask me what it was. I haven't a clue after all this time.

I haven't done the cleanups suggested but I have implemented probably 6 or 7 "recommended" tweaks from a variety of sources to eliminate the problem (those tweaks were cumulative - not done in isolation) and none have worked.

I remember Ken saying a while ago that he'd bought a new computer and right off the bat his meter issues were there just like on the previous one. I can't understand why anyone could say "it's the computer" in that scenario.

Throughout what is now years of having the slider problem I have played at Pro level. As an experiment I went to Amateur level and the slide by situation was much less pronounced. Funny that ! It wasn't my computer. It didn't say " ah, as you are playing amateur level I'll improve my performance and make life easier for you " .  It was something in the game. I can't stick with amateur level for tournaments so it's really no good to me on a day to day basis.

A few months ago I tried another experiment which was to hit the 3rd click just before 6 o'clock which was difficult to do at first.  An extra snap line would be very useful. Once I was able to stop the meter at that point fairly often there was no slide by. That tells me that the slide by becomes an issue either minutely before 6 o'clock or after 6 o'clock, even by a smidgeon. Again, that has nothing to do with my computer - how can it. It might be a mystery but it might be a telling situation.

In view of all the above I accept that a lot of  the situation remains a  mystery with no clear and consistent path towards eliminating the meter problems to any extent.  But I still treat the "it's your computer" with scepticism.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#6 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

I must say still pretty good tech support in this PG forum. I'll add a non-tech answer to playing WITH stutter - - > Switch over to MS (Motion Swing or RTS-MS). I've played games with FPS down to 10-15 w/o interrupting my swing! It was almost like a replay (not really, exaggerating!).

Anyway just a comment

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#7 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:55 PM

Going into services then hiding all microsoft services is safe enough, thats the whole point of hiding them, so you cannot mess with them.  Anything left can be safely disabled and re enabled if needed.  It just cuts down on all the background goings on.  Same with startup, friend of mine had trouble with a game and he had so many programs running from start up along with ongoing services that he did not need, disabled them all and his rig is flying,  its so common with people who use their PC's for a multitude of applications.

As for anti virus, i have no idea how modern AV's affect gaming, i know it used to be quite common for them to interfere with intensive applications, maybe they are better now, i don't use one so i don't know.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#8 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:39 PM

Funny thing is i played a multi this afternoon, and just got one slide, but i find i get a lot more in tournaments.

#9 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:29 PM

Going into services then hiding all microsoft services is safe enough, thats the whole point of hiding them, so you cannot mess with them.  Anything left can be safely disabled and re enabled if needed.  It just cuts down on all the background goings on.  Same with startup, friend of mine had trouble with a game and he had so many programs running from start up along with ongoing services that he did not need, disabled them all and his rig is flying,  its so common with people who use their PC's for a multitude of applications.

As for anti virus, i have no idea how modern AV's affect gaming, i know it used to be quite common for them to interfere with intensive applications, maybe they are better now, i don't use one so i don't know.

Ok so I went into a windows page for a look see and disabling windows apps and third party services were mentioned. As I looked I came across quotes like these  :-

Startup tab is rather useful for disabling applications because it shows you the startup impact of each application on your PC.

In my case task manager showed my 10 listed startup apps as "not measured".  That doesn't help 

Using the Services window to disable apps offers users more options, but it is also more dangerous to use and should be attempted only by those who know what they are doing. Many of these services are used by Windows 8, Windows 10 for normal operation, so closing them might result in an unstable system.   This certainly doesn't help.

Here's one to do with system config. "Unlike the Task Manager in newer versions of Windows, the System Configuration utility in older Windows versions can include essential Windows processes. Be sure you know what you're disabling, or you could damage your operating system!

I never saw a foolproof way for a tech novice to mess with anything like this and avoid any adverse impact on the system.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#10 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:42 PM

Dam stuttering , 1st noticed it 3 weeks ago now getting worse & worse,also the sliders, think i'll stop playing tourneys.

Too frustrating.

When I helped several players build their new computers with Intel Boards Z97 with i5-4790K CPU and a GTX 970 4GB card, they rarely experienced the slide or stutter effects. That was five years ago.

If you have AMD or an older Intel motherboard (than what I just mentioned above), it's probably time for a newer Intel build.

Suggestion:  Z300 series motherboard  -  I7 8700K CPU - and 16GB Memory.  If this is possible be sure that CPU you choose is compatible with whatever motherboard you choose. You'll also be upgrading from DDR3 Memory to DDR4 Memory.

#11 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:04 PM

@clubcaptain  thats why i said to check the box that says hide all microsoft services, once done all that is left is most likely to be from apps and software you have installed yourself over the months, years whatever.  You don't actually remove them, just disable, you can always enable them again if need be.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#12 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:13 PM

Here's some worthwhile info for anyone looking to tweak services.  http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-10-service-configurations/  .  There are links under the "Guides" tab to config settings for older OS's.

• Coodabeen likes this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#13 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:04 AM

@clubcaptain  thats why i said to check the box that says hide all microsoft services, once done all that is left is most likely to be from apps and software you have installed yourself over the months, years whatever.  You don't actually remove them, just disable, you can always enable them again if need be.

Can someone confirm that any other game owned by them needs the course of actions suggested in this thread.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#14 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:20 AM

Funny thing is i played a multi this afternoon, and just got one slide, but i find i get a lot more in tournaments.

i too only have problems in tournaments. does dynamic sky on have any impact on game play? i play with it off.tournaments are set with it always on.

• Coodabeen likes this

#15 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 August 2019 - 03:09 AM

Can someone confirm that any other game owned by them needs the course of actions suggested in this thread.

I have many services and background processes disabled.  It's really hit and miss when you first start experimenting. After awhile you just know which ones don't need to be running. Do some of the best players in this game know which ones to disable?  Nope.  It's a tinkering propensity. Some of us enjoy it while others don't.

Go back in time and remember Links and Tiger Woods series. Rarely did we have any game problems once broadband was universal. It would appear that MP or busy server times are conducive to occasional game problems overall with Perfect Golf - IMO.

There are players struggling to play a tournament round or stopped playing tournament rounds due to less than 1.5mbps throughput speeds down and .156mbps up.

But for any of us to truly know why a computer (all internal devices) and/or an Internet connection is a problem is to diagnose the computer, modem/router.

All we can do is give ideas.  Google is the major-brain for everyone to find tools and information to tweak or build their systems according to high-profile popular sites that appear in a search.

Best of luck as you move forward!

#16 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:50 AM

I am not going to mess about with my PC, as i'm no techy so i will just put up with it when it happens .

Thanks you all for the mind boggling information.

I do appreciate all your efforts to help me & any other player who gets this problem.

• Abe likes this

#17 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:05 PM

I totally appreciate that people do not want to mess with their PC's  My PC is mainly for gaming, i have a laptop that i use for DJ, karaoke and business things, but my PC is purely gaming and intensive applications and its kept running smooth for that.

• Abe likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#18 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:26 PM

you could try razer cortex, which helped me alot in the early days of PG. All you need to do is register now I think 

https://www.razer.com/cortex/boost

Who cares...

#19 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:52 PM

Man,  when you posted "they are back with vengeance" I was hoping you meant Andrew and Mike.

• Buck likes this

#20 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:56 PM

you could try razer cortex, which helped me alot in the early days of PG. All you need to do is register now I think 

https://www.razer.com/cortex/boost

That's one of the things I tried and for a short while things improved then it lost any effectiveness it had.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users