66 replies to this topic

#41 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:52 AM

As a mainly sim player using a GC2 launch monitor I’m resigned to never using PG2. It would be a surprise if Trackman allowed a rival launch monitor to use their software. That said, I would happily pay £10/month to keep PG1 alive. The Foresight (GC2) version of PG is terrible in comparison and it’s £2000 to buy.
I’d buy PG2 anyway and use it on the PC just so I could look at it and as Jim Bowen used to say “let’s look at what you could have won”.

Looks like you’ve been drinking the pc coolaid... :)

What the heck is the Foresight version of PG? Theres just jnpg and TM Virtual Golf.

Are you on OGT Simulator discord chat?

#42 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:18 AM

Good news indeed , i think some of the forum regulars just want to chat Mike as most of them dont even play PG1, NEXT THEY WILL BE ASKING WHERE IS pg 3

Thanks for that comment, Mike. After PG2 is released, how long do you think it will be before we see PG3? 😁
  • maxie likes this

#43 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:37 AM

"They got the forum fixed when some were thinking it was the end of PG.  And now Mike just posted with a little hint via ......Can we assume they haven't abondoned us?   Or wait till next week"?  :)

So you think not hearing a word for months should not have us concerned?  We, who care, are trying to support this game because we know how good it is.  Hell, if I had the funds I would be advertising on all game platforms about this game.  It is frustrating to get to the lobby and see only 38 players when 2 months ago there were 70 plus playing at the same time.  It is hard seeing players like Kimmer and Dave playing at TGC2 when I know they would never do that if they were 100% convinced there was a PG2 coming.  Now that Mike made a comment, yes, we all feel a tad better, but patience is a fleeting thing and within a few weeks again we will be asking WHEN!!!!  Please let us know!!!

#44 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:10 PM

"Doctor... I'm picking up a pulse here!"  Seriously, Mike's comment does help keep my curiosity aroused.  I know that most of the assembled here are interested in a desktop PC version of PG 2, but I would love to see it take the stage on a PS5 and/or an XBox Scarlett next year.  Those are two consoles which could most certainly do such a title justice, while bringing a handsome return on investment to the developers and publisher!

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#45 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:11 PM

As a mainly sim player using a GC2 launch monitor I’m resigned to never using PG2. It would be a surprise if Trackman allowed a rival launch monitor to use their software. That said, I would happily pay £10/month to keep PG1 alive. The Foresight (GC2) version of PG is terrible in comparison and it’s £2000 to buy.
I’d buy PG2 anyway and use it on the PC just so I could look at it and as Jim Bowen used to say “let’s look at what you could have won”.

If you are a OGT sim player,  definitely jump into the OGT sim discord channel.  Lots a sim PG stuff being talked about in there.  Also make sure you are using the OGT interface with your GC2.  Plus there is also a pretty cool new app that links up to the OGT interface called Schotime that will capture a bunch of other data for you too.  

• zmax - sim likes this

#46 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:53 PM

What the heck is the Foresight version of PG? 

What the heck is "coolaid"?

895001.jpg

• maxie likes this

#47 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:02 PM

damn..... lol

#48 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:05 PM

damn..... lol

ThornyCloseCopperbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

#49 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:37 PM

What the heck is the Foresight version of PG? Theres just jnpg and TM Virtual Golf.

Are you on OGT Simulator discord chat?

#50 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

Foresight who make the GC2, Quad and Hawk have their own software which is akin to Super Mario in comparison to PG.

#51 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

Foresight who make the GC2, Quad and Hawk have their own software which is akin to Super Mario in comparison to PG.

Yes, it's called FSX2018.  I agree that it looks like crap compared to JNPG.

#52 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:43 PM

There's another old saying senator....  "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.."  

• stancomputergolfer likes this

#53 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:51 PM

There's another old saying senator.... "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.."

Wait a minute…

Are you saying we’re going to get a weather system upgrade for PG2?

Lol
  • ✠ davef ✠ and RobV like this

#54 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:28 AM

Wait a minute…

Are you saying we’re going to get a weather system upgrade for PG2?

Lol

No he activated PG's real time weather.  :) No weather system upgrade just yet.  Soon tho!  :) :)

• Buck likes this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#55 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:34 AM

Soon tho!  :) :)

Always!
Soon!

;) 

#56 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:54 AM

Been away from here for a few weeks due to my pc crapping out on me- have just seen the thread on Simulator and reading between the lines it looks as if the first nail has been hammered into PG's coffin.

As much as I love this game and it is by far the best golf sim/game/whatever availble on PC, I really dont want to experience the long drawn out slow death that now appears to be coming so I am not going to go through that and will wean myself off this and try to find another outlet- Madden 20 is out on PC and Project Cars 2 is looking more attractive as well now that my beloved wifey has given me the green light to get some proper kit for driving sims.

I truly hope that I will be proven wrong and either a new shiny version of PG is released sometime in the future but I'll not hold my breath for that.

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#57 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

Some say Madden 20 has little new to offer and the days of meaningful updates is over. Anyone here feel the opposite ?

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#58 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:02 PM

Some say Madden 20 has little new to offer and the days of meaningful updates is over. Anyone here feel the opposite ?

Is it good, like? I aint played a Madden game since about 2008...

#59 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:32 PM

Madden 08 imho is still the best gameplay along with numerous great mods/rosters that I still play most weeks

Madden 19 looks amazing but gameplay is a bit wooden- not tried 20 as my pc is not fixed yet but heard it plays a bit better- some good roster add ons for classic teams as well

• LeazesNDR likes this

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#60 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:42 PM

Sorry for the hijack. But, I'm an old guy (well not really old, but retired nonetheless). I like to watch football. Unapologetic  a Packer fan, but if they are doing really crappy and the Bears are doing well, I could possibly switch allegiances at the end of the season, but if both are doing well I will stick entirely with the Packers. But overall I am still a Cowboy fan even from my youth.

Anyway. Do you have to know a lot about football, to play Madden well? Is it a difficult game? I am an overall terrible gamer but have been able to get through several levels of the latest Doom without cheating. Imagine that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users