176 replies to this topic

#61 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:30 AM

I've played follow cam for ages in many golf games but it ruins the immersion and also the look the golf course and designer was going for. If you play follow cam and don't keep a course because it doesn't have many trees way in the distance because the camera is a frickin mile up that's YOUR fault, I know it's mine but I do like the follow cam..... 

Personally if your not going to keep it probably then just don't download it at all and save some bandwidth.

I think it's very case by case, course by course.

For instance, follow cam is awesome on the Napa Silverado, Bandon Courses, Chambers Bay, most of the 1st party options and lots of courses really - if not most.

There's a sweet spot between "nothing" around a course and some effort put into surroundings to look reasonable.  

Naturally, a lot of it depends upon what the surroundings of a given course actually are and what would be realistic to do both in terms of energy expended as well as any performance concerns.

Re:  Immersion & the Follow Cam:

I think this is very subjective and simply a preference.  I'm playing digital golf, at least partially, to be able to do some things that one can't in real life.  I think it's really cool to be able to fly along with the ball in follow cam.  I've been a huge FC fan since as long as I can remember it being an option in golf games.

Re:  Bandwidth:

I'm pretty sure a few people plucking down a course file from Mega.nz is a literal nano-eyedropper nothing in the galaxy of traffic for someone like Mega.  

I have no idea why we'd be worried about that honestly.

• KenR likes this

#62 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:17 AM

so drop, does unity except 32 bit,or just 16 bit.

32 bit HDRIs are fine with Unity. But then only thing you can adjust in PS is exposure, gamma, some offset etc.. I haven't tested 16 bit HDRIs.

#63 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:01 AM

gB54MeB.jpg
i9Gx3h7.jpg
heres a couple from carnoustie,you can see the ocean pano.
  • luetze, KenR, LeazesNDR and 4 others like this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#64 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:15 AM

Looks so very nice in screen shots, but I'm just wondering how it feels when the ocean isn't moving at all :unsure:.

Skybox's sun and in game shadows are not in line with each others. Easy to fix though.

• Buck likes this

#65 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:45 AM

Skunky, I'd have to play it to see if I care that the ocean doesn't move. Based on these screenies, I wouldn't care. Those images are absolute beauties! Love your fairway texture.

#66 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:00 PM

I agree that I’d also have to play it.
It’s really hard to know about feel on something like this from static shots.

#67 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:55 AM

3BHMU1x.jpg

VIGs6QW.jpg
found a great pano for coltsneck.so i converted the course to overlay,2 types of 3d grass and rough,and added a pano.heres the link to the final version.
dave if your out there feel free to submit this one to PGLS, as a final.
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing
also finished hudson valley,so can be submitted also dave, as a final.

i know these trump courses are not the greatest,they were my guinea pigs for 3d grass and pano experiments,anyway hope someone gets some fun out of them.
hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.
  • Arsam, ✠ davef ✠ and Charles like this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

#68 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for posting Skunky.  I for one love the Trump courses you've released.  Any update on the new version of Summerlin you've been working on?

#69 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for posting Skunky.  I for one love the Trump courses you've released.  Any update on the new version of Summerlin you've been working on?

yesrushdt,summerlin is done. was waiting until tuesday ,when zmax announces course contest winners.i will release what i call my big 4,Summerlin,Augusta,Carnoustie,Quail hollow.all with new panos.
  • Arsam, luetze, ✠ davef ✠ and 2 others like this

#70 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for the update...

Ken

#71 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:58 PM

I don't know if you caught this post of mine in this thread Skunky, but the problem still exists on the new version of Hudson.  I haven't tried Colt's Neck yet to see if it's on there.

The only issue I noted was the 3d/2dg going through the left and/or right side of the cartpaths throughout the course.

#72 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:21 AM

I don't know if you caught this post of mine in this thread Skunky, but the problem still exists on the new version of Hudson.  I haven't tried Colt's Neck yet to see if it's on there.

being an older course,i would have to go back and completely redo all the splines to fix that issue,so not going to do that.

#73 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:45 AM

Just played a full 18 on Hudson Valley 2020. What a spectacular improvement this version has become! The lighting is fantastic, and with the new pano's absolutely stunning views! Love the green textures too. The FPS is great, anywhere between 50 and 70 all the way through. All in all a beautiful upgrade. This is another feather in your already full cap Quade! Next stop: Colt's Neck! :wub:

• Skunky likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#74 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:27 AM

as promised,heres the final of tpc summerlin,want  to thank everyone who voted for this course.render distance should be set around 950,for best preformance.sorry about the file size.enjoy all.
phI6LLb.jpg
  • luetze, Charles and Dropzone73 like this

#75 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:31 AM

followed by Augusta
Qa4B2eE.jpg

• Charles and Dropzone73 like this

#76 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:34 AM

and Quail Hollow
6YaJwEQ.jpg
  • Dropzone73 likes this

#77 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:35 AM

carnoustie is coming ,SOON!
  • Charles likes this

#78 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:07 AM

just kidding here it is,
9YbQYty.jpg

• luetze, balaceanca81 and Dropzone73 like this

#79 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:42 AM

Holy Cow! 4 new releases!! And all stellar! WOW!!! :blink:  You are a man with a mission Quade. :D  Amazing. Thanks so much for revisiting all your courses and raising the bar ever higher. :wub: All your courses are a real treat!

PS: dont forget Valhalla LOL! ;) :lol:

• Skunky and balaceanca81 like this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#80 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:37 AM

thanks much for all the new versions, can't wait to get to play these new ones

• Skunky likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users