#82 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:59 PM

what i have seen so far and i have only played Summerlin i figured i would start there since it is the biggest file of the updates

from skunky at 640mb it played great the fps was good throughout the entire course

the loading time is slow which will more then likely bring some complaints but to be honest the little extra wait is well

worth it beautiful work there skunky. thanks for the many great courses you have put out for us and continue to do.

• Skunky and Charles like this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#83 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:05 PM

Thanks Skunky, played first 9 holes solo on each of them to have a quick look. Not sure I totally agree with Davy TASB, but I do love your designs  ;)

• LeazesNDR and Skunky like this

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#84 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:52 AM

I think Skunky has reached the Doggs/Matt Rose level of workhorse.

The Trump courses are fine imo.  They make for tough PC golf from the champ tees.

I only played the 2019 Carnoustie two nights ago and was amazed it was done without lidar.  Was there anything that gave a head start ?

#85 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:11 AM

yes jt,the great larry kuh,sent me a terraland map that he made and matched it up with a google map so i would know where the hole layouts would be.the google map was obscured by clouds on 4 different holes and i had to really do some research to fill in those puzzle pieces.but the saving factor was Andrew Jones aka (dr twist) that did the exellent royal liverpool,and west lanchshire.
hes very familiar with carnoustie,plays it every year.he just happens to know Tommy Fleetwood and his caddie ian finnis,well tommy and ian were gracious enough to send me his caddie book from the 2017 open.the book had every elevation on every green.it was invaluable.thats why i listed them on the splash screen.i could have never done the job correctly without this info.so i consider this course a team effort.
  • ✠ davef ✠, balaceanca81, Charles and 1 other like this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#86 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:36 AM

Just yesterday I wondered what's the story behind the Carnoustie loading screen credit to Tommy Fleetwood and here comes the explanation already :) Thanks to all involved who make Carnoustie happen. It's such a marvelous course.

Special thanks to you of course, Skyunky. You know I'm a fan of your work since the beginning and to follow your progress in course designing is really exciting. Thank you so much not only for all your great courses but also for the continuous updates which make them even better every time. It's much appreciated!

• Skunky and Charles like this

#87 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:03 AM

Timbers hole 9 hit it in the water and got a 'as it lies' was waist deep  and it played. needs fixing. Very plush looking course. well done.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#88 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:19 AM

Timbers hole 9 hit it in the water and got a 'as it lies' was waist deep  and it played. needs fixing. Very plush looking course. well done.

lol Kenny you are in the wrong thread you need to post this over at PGLS https://pgls.golflad...php?f=89&t=4108

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#89 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:55 PM

Thx Dave

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#90 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:06 PM

followed by AugustaQa4B2eE.jpghttps://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Is it possible to have a look into what’s going on with the transitions between grass fairway dirt on the sides?

On multiple holes last night there was some sort of glitchy almost “gutter” where my ball was getting stuck at the transition area between 3-D grass and dirt and Fairway edges.

#91 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:21 AM

buck,augusta was a whole different animal when i laid down the splines,its a very compact course,the faiways really all run together,like 1 endless fairway,this presents a big challange in the layout.alot of the rough and fairway splines are butted up against each other,its not a smooth transition from fairway to rough,its completely abrupt,you will notice on some shots the ball will rest in the trough between the rough and fairway.with my limited ability at the time,i couldent figure out how to do it any other way,no other course ive done is built this way.with everything ive learned in the last 2 years,if i rebuilt it, i would do it differently,but this version will be the last,unless we get a PG2.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

#92 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:26 AM

Bummer, that's frustrating..

It ruined 2 holes of match play as I got stuck there and took a few shots to get out of the "gutter"..

Oh well - thank you for the reply.

#93 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:16 AM

thats intresting,ive never seen it effect a shot before.could you tell me the location,what hole,i might be able to go in and move the splines closer together in that spot.

#94 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:35 AM

thats intresting,ive never seen it effect a shot before.could you tell me the location,what hole,i might be able to go in and move the splines closer together in that spot.

I should’ve taken notes on it last night, sorry…
I will try to do so in the next couple days

#95 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:16 AM

Skunky you're probably just about done with courses but playing Summerlin I was reminded of a course that never really got finished, Highland Meadows.  Did you ever play it?

#96 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:53 AM

Skunky you're probably just about done with courses but playing Summerlin I was reminded of a course that never really got finished, Highland Meadows.  Did you ever play it?

dont remember that one jt,who did it.

#97 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:12 AM

Username was Rok21, I think he only posted at OGT.  I remember playing it and liking the course, lots of waste areas and good holes, but it's set in an estate and the designer never got around to doing any 3D which really hurt it.  It's still on PGLS.

#98 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:49 AM

I should’ve taken notes on it last night, sorry…
I will try to do so in the next couple days

Always take a print screen when confronted with something like that (which influences scoring directly) and saving the shot is also a handy thing to do. I'll make a note of what happend to you when i play Augusta.

• Buck likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#99 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:50 AM

Ferry Point 2020
EmML5kK.jpg

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing
happy thanksgiving !
  • ✠ davef ✠ and shimonko like this

#100 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:53 PM

Hi Skunky, I love  what you are doing to all your original creations. Just a comment on Hudson Valley. This is strictly preference on my part but I do not care for the texture on the greens. It just looks strange to me. It kinda looks like the greens were just punched. It's somewhat distracting to me, but it is just a personal preference. Keep up the great work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users