#41 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:03 PM

Since I never record rounds anyways I would not think Anything would be there. But, I reported it they can decide.

Peace

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#42 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

Since I never record rounds anyways I would not think Anything would be there. But, I reported it they can decide.

Peace

They are white because you do not have the courses installed. I just tried it by deleting a course that a friend recorded. Closed then relaunched the game. The white rectangles indicate that if you wanted to play your friends' recorded rounds you would have to close the game and re-download that particular course.

I don't record rounds either but I have about 12 I could play that my friends recorded.

#43 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:09 PM

@Andrew

Did this update break things for Mac users?

I’m seeing an uptick of reports that the Mac version just crashes upon launch now?
Is that related to Catalina perhaps, and the game is now dead for people using the latest macOS?

First report I saw was October 5th on the steam discussion."Updated to Mojave 10.14.6 this morning. Game no longer loads. Worked fine before the update. Any ideas on what I can do? Uninstalled, reinstalled, etc."

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#44 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:39 PM

This is the most excitement this forum has had in a long, long time...  hahaha  

• balaceanca81 and Abe like this

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

This is the most excitement this forum has had in a long, long time...  hahaha  

So true - I think the title click baited us a bit with "pushed an update"..

Obviously the dream is for a *major* update  (PG2, etc) - but it's great to have the 3rd party courses unlocked from the online requirement at least.

#46 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:42 PM

just as it was getting fun to read again....

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#47 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:43 PM

the news is good, along with the api still working if servers go down.

• Buck and RobV like this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#48 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:43 PM

Today we pushed an update the primary purpose of which is to ensure that JNPG will continue to work even if our servers go down for whatever reason, ensuring that the game will always be playable with all user courses for as long as folks wish to play the game.

If anyone detects any issues with the update please let us know. Thanks

Much needed information AJ.  Since most of us have maintained the belief that you and MJ's original promise was to create a community that could rely on your team's commitment to this game, again you validate that belief by giving us valuable information.

#49 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:55 PM

First report I saw was October 5th on the steam discussion."Updated to Mojave 10.14.6 this morning. Game no longer loads. Worked fine before the update. Any ideas on what I can do? Uninstalled, reinstalled, etc."

HAve not pushed any updates to MAC or Linux... Apple updated their OS and it no longer supports JNPG... 

#50 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:56 PM

HAve not pushed any updates to MAC or Linux... Apple updated their OS and it no longer supports JNPG... 

Oh man - total bummer...

Did they cut out some key technology or graphics support or something?

Is the Steam page for the game going to reflect that it's no longer Mac compatible?

(is it even still for sale?  I haven't been there in a while)

#51 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:57 PM

I love you andrew. you've given me hope. 

signed.

ugh.. bucklee?

• Buck likes this

#52 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:04 PM

You guys were kind enough in the beginning to make the platform agnostic.  All things considered since JN endorsed the game then TM buying the game, I am not at all surprised that it will only be Windows compatible. After all, nothing is ever going to change the percentage of Windows users around the world.

48920239781_a6ea13a689_o.jpg

#53 Mr Ghost

Mr Ghost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:27 PM

Today we pushed an update the primary purpose of which is to ensure that JNPG will continue to work even if our servers go down for whatever reason, ensuring that the game will always be playable with all user courses for as long as folks wish to play the game.

If anyone detects any issues with the update please let us know. Thanks

Thank You very much for that. 

I’d kill for a direct-IP connect option,

And this ^^^^ would ensure that this game becomes immortal.  The ability to host our own dedicated server.

• Mulligan and Buck like this

#54 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

A couple of comments.  Some recorded rounds of someone I had never added to my friend list appear although they are whited out.

I was hoping that the saved game function would have been updated so that you could start another round without ending saved rounds. 

Although I am not optimistic I hope that there will will be a JNPG2 (TVG whatever it is called) PC version.  JNPG is in my opinion the best PC golf game released to date and it would be a shame if the new version for TM doesn't have a PC version. 

• Buck likes this

RTSM - Pro

#55 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:46 PM

Is it still possible to change things in this game, appreciate the change for online server requirements but i would like to see the backspin toned down on shorter wedges.   I ask this from a controller perspective because its easier to play partial shots in 3C that negates the amount of backspin, with controller you can never quite take enough off the shot to tone it down, you still get a freakish amount of backspin that is sometimes detrimental to controller play, just thought i'd ask.

• Buck likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#56 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:54 PM

@doggs

So true on the RTS-C backspin.

The other night I had a shot that hit the green and went back so fast that the ball was out of the picture until the rolling stopped, at which point I was 97y away (30y farther than I had just shot from)

Comical out of this world type of stuff. Lol

#57 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 19 October 2019 - 03:05 AM

The fact that PG1 lives is great news. I still would like more from the game but knowing it won't go away gives me the hope and desire to play again. Out of town for two more weeks but will play again when I return. Thanks Andrew for doing this.

#58 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:30 AM

Mike Jones, on 05 Jan 2019 - 1:33 PM, said:

PG2 is being worked on as it forms the basis for future iterations of the Trackman sim. We are working hard behind the scenes for a version to be released for PC and console as it would effectively be low hanging fruit as the majority of the work would have been done.

Trackman have no history of any games related titles but they can also see the huge potential that a new version of PG would have. Although the community sometimes may take a few potshots at Andrew and I, we are still the ones championing the cause and the best chance of PG2 making it to release.

Andrew, will you or Mike ever give us a definitive answer on whether or not PG2 will be released on PC?

• Buck and Mic Fleetwood like this

#59 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

Good timing and slick move made here,latest trends mostly uphill now followed by a downhill run.

Minister for finance counter acts the Opposition party.

Still lost alot of voters but......

#60 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:15 PM

Good timing and slick move made here,latest trends mostly uphill now followed by a downhill run.

Minister for finance counter acts the Opposition party.

Still lost alot of voters but......

Interesting summary. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users