185 replies to this topic

#61 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:04 PM

i disconnected from the internet, but then cannot login to steam and no further, hence cant fire up perfect golf?

#62 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:17 PM

No problem doing it here. Just start steam in offline mode.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#63 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:31 PM

Andrew, will you or Mike ever give us a definitive answer on whether or not PG2 will be released on PC?

As soon as we know I am sure we will.  

• JoeF, J_Schollmeyer, Skunky and 5 others like this

#64 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:13 AM

thanks Justin wasn't getting that option, but rebooted and then able to choose offline

#65 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 05:31 AM

Thanks for the reply.  At least it hasn't been totally ruled out yet.  Like Mike Jones said back in January, it wouldn't take much to put a PC version together.  Considering this, not releasing it on PC would be a big mistake. 

#66 Mic Fleetwood

Mic Fleetwood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:39 AM

#67 Mic Fleetwood

Mic Fleetwood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:40 AM

The Sphinx has spoken nice :o

• Hammerfest likes this

#68 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for responding.  While it may not be much, its better than nothing.

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#69 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

Late to the party but thanks Andrew.  I rarely play JNPG offline.  But again we appreciate the update.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#70 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the reply.  At least it hasn't been totally ruled out yet.  Like Mike Jones said back in January, it wouldn't take much to put a PC version together.  Considering this, not releasing it on PC would be a big mistake. 

It's developed and play tested on the PC so yes it would not take much more to put together a GUI for it. I would think a TM version would be more additional work.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#71 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:21 PM

It's developed and play tested on the PC so yes it would not take much more to put together a GUI for it. I would think a TM version would be more additional work.

I would have said the same for PG1, but I wouldn't be surprised if the PG2 GUI has been developed around TM usage constraints and design affordances from the get go.

I'd expect that more work would now be required for it to be PC user enjoyable vs the opposite.

(love to be very wrong - love to see PG2 for PC - just seems like it's not going to happen and it's a major bummer)

#72 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:13 PM

I would have said the same for PG1, but I wouldn't be surprised if the PG2 GUI has been developed around TM usage constraints and design affordances from the get go.

I'd expect that more work would now be required for it to be PC user enjoyable vs the opposite.

(love to be very wrong - love to see PG2 for PC - just seems like it's not going to happen and it's a major bummer)

The exception being all the courses they need to design for the TV broadcasts and testing.  Much easier to test with a mouse and keyboard.  They likely are reusing code for the interfaces anyway.  I don't think UI wise, other than shot type, there would be much difference.

#73 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:19 PM

The exception being all the courses they need to design for the TV broadcasts and testing.  Much easier to test with a mouse and keyboard.  They likely are reusing code for the interfaces anyway.  I don't think UI wise, other than shot type, there would be much difference.

Could be..

I just know that I keep seeing totally differing UI stuff on the videos from Trackman users.

In game & pre-game GUI are both quite different it looks like -- and that's on PG1.

Might be even more specialized, refined and optimized for the one/only interaction method and display (large projectors) they are now worried about.

(especially problematic for an RTS-C fan like myself.  Mouse/KB are used on TM setups, but controller has no required place in the TM side of design, testing or usage)

• Drgnslyr221 likes this

#74 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:21 PM

The main difference between the two are the style of inputs and the GUI will be different as a result. The input control for TM I would imagine would be much more sophisticated, thus is why I said it would require more work for the final product. For the PC version which we know has been play tested with a controller would just be lacking a custom GUI for it. I can't see why they would go the extra step once they have the TM version. I could see the PC version taking a while longer if they would want to add a career mode and such with it. I would like to see a basic release like PG1 first, then add in the extras.

• Buck likes this

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#75 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:28 PM

The main difference between the two are the style of inputs and the GUI will be different as a result. The input control for TM I would imagine would be much more sophisticated, thus is why I said it would require more work for the final product. For the PC version which we know has been play tested with a controller would just be lacking a custom GUI for it. I can't see why they would go the extra step once they have the TM version. I could see the PC version taking a while longer if they would want to add a career mode and such with it. I would like to see a basic release like PG1 first, then add in the extras.

And I'm honestly fine with no extras and just PG2 that is a new version of what we have feature wise now.

I'd rather have more features, sure, but if the option is "PG1 forever" or "PG2 with existing features", I'll take the latter for sure.

• erwildcat likes this

#76 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:11 PM

The real question should be "would PG1 courses be compatible with PG2"?

If not, who cares about PG2? 

#77 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:13 PM

The real question should be "would PG1 courses be compatible with PG2"?

If not, who cares about PG2? 

I'd be pretty surprised if PG2 were so different that PG1 courses didn't work.

TM staff keep cranking out courses right now for PG1 (VG1) infrastructure.  

They aren't continuing to make new courses right now that they'll be invalidating when VG2 releases.

That'd be insane on their part.

#78 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:10 PM

They will have to solve this in some way because the assets from Unity 5_2_3 don't magically port over to Unity 2018 or whatever they are using. There will be some courses conversion process that may or may not involve some man hours for conversion.

#79 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:26 PM

They will have to solve this in some way because the assets from Unity 5_2_3 don't magically port over to Unity 2018 or whatever they are using. There will be some courses conversion process that may or may not involve some man hours for conversion.

Is that yet another barrier or thing making it unlikely we ever get PG2 on PC's?

GUI differences, tooling & time for conversions of assets, etc?

Never mind..

I have no idea why I am even asking..

I peg our odds of ever getting PG2 on PC at under 5%

#80 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:37 PM

Is that yet another barrier or thing making it unlikely we ever get PG2 on PC's?
GUI differences, tooling & time for conversions of assets, etc?

Never mind..
I have no idea why I am even asking..
I peg our odds of ever getting PG2 on PC at under 5%

It shouldn't be a limiting factor in whether we see PG2. They would want to update their current course projects to VG2 and would create a method to do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users