#121 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:34 PM

This game is very good in it's INCOMPLETE state but saying it is the best sim you've ever played you must have not hardly played any of the other golf sims out there. That or your sucking up to Mike and Andrew now that they are in the forum more..lol

I don't think I could ever say that as I have played so many golf games in the past they were all great at some point until the next golf game came out and then that one was great.

No, I'm not sucking up...lol   I haven't played a whole lot of different games. Most all the Links series from 98" to the 2K3, Tiger Woods 2014, JN Golden Bear back in the day and that's probably it. I was going to try the Golf Club, but wasn't that impressed from the UTube videos. 

I think JNPG is the best mainly for two reasons, the ball physics, and the courses. Especially the user made courses. The textures and objects these guys create really look good. So, when you put together these great looking courses and the best "ball physics" I've personally experienced, I make this the best golf game I've ever played. 

• Arsam, Wirenut48 and erwildcat like this

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#122 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:44 PM

Too incomplete for me to categorize this golf game as the "best ever"...   Aside from the great courses, which are mostly created by the community, it is literally just get up to the tee with the same avatar, lack of variety in gameplay features... and hit the ball... that's it.  

Can you imagine if there was no course designer?    

I see what you're saying, it would be nice have all the "bells and whistles" that come with other golf games, like stats. lol

But, for me, the most important two things are are "ball physics", and "courses". I think this game is best out there in those two categories.

Oh, yeah, the "course designer" is a major part of what makes this game the best out there. I've actually been thinking about springing for the $500 and buying Global Mapper so I can put together and play some courses that I've always wanted to play. 

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#123 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:31 PM

Let's see...the best course designer software, ever, resulting in the most accurate real course renditions (thanks to lidar/course overlay) of any golf game and the best looking 3D courses ever available.  The most accurate/realistic ball, ground & wind physics of any golf game, the best controller swing of any golf game and the best, most realistic mouse swing ever in any golf game.  And they do track your overall performance stats on the social site.  It may not be the most complete golf game ever created, but it is the best game of golf you've ever played on a computer.

• Arsam, Jugador, cajuncapgun and 6 others like this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#124 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:38 PM

I don't really see the point in tying ourselves in knots on the subjective titles of "best" or "most complete" golf game ever.

For each user, the important features may differ and some may find something like TW14 to be their "best ever" due to the complete nature of the experience of content, courses, modes of play, PGA career, etc.

If you're a Sim user, you in a whole different scenario next year of having no choice but to move off of PG.

Is it still the "best ever" to a user that's being forced off of it, despite holding out their VISA and begging Trackman to take their money?

No matter what you think of PG and where it fits on the all time rankings of golf games, it's just a shame it's feature frozen and essentially in abandonware mode at this point.

The courses are wonderful, and thank you to those who create them, but no amount of 3rd party course work can fix wind and outstanding physics issues and lifeless planet feeling on those courses and only one avatar, and on and on with all the things we'd hoped would get addressed one day.

I love PG. I'm mainly just sad because it could and should have been so much more.

• fungolfer likes this

#125 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:33 PM

Let's see...the best course designer software, ever, resulting in the most accurate real course renditions (thanks to lidar/course overlay) of any golf game and the best looking 3D courses ever available.  The most accurate/realistic ball, ground & wind physics of any golf game, the best controller swing of any golf game and the best, most realistic mouse swing ever in any golf game.  And they do track your overall performance stats on the social site.  It may not be the most complete golf game ever created, but it is the best game of golf you've ever played on a computer.

And for most of us, a rock-bottom price with a few DLC courses we were happy to buy to help support all of this from day one of the early release.

We got lucky when AJ, EL and MJ decided to kick off this venture. All these years of  great fun, learning about tech for many, and sharing our experiences.  And to think it will probably stay alive and well either at Steam or possibly a standalone install with access to the two tournament sites.

We all got our money's worth, that's for sure.

No complaints about Perfect Golf from here. :)

• Arsam, Jugador, cajuncapgun and 2 others like this

#126 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:20 PM

I agree 100% with your post Lee, and I am glad that you are keeping an eye on us!

• Abe likes this

#127 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:48 PM

It may not be the most complete golf game ever created, but it is the best game of golf you've ever played on a computer.

That, of course, is just your opinion...  if you are going to ask me what the best golf game "I have ever played", then hands down it is Links2k.  As a complete game, nothing comes close in my opinion.   Not even PG.  There is no way that PG endures the longevity that Links currently has.   Do you see anyone playing or designing courses for PG after 16 years?   I don't.  

• Mulligan, Buck and Ted_Ball like this

#128 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:50 PM

I have to be honest, speaking of complete games, I think if Tiger Woods 2014 was available backwards compatible on the PS4 and XB1, it would be the golf game leader and being primarily played by many, today, still
  • RobV likes this

#129 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:30 PM

I don't really see the point in tying ourselves in knots on the subjective titles of "best" or "most complete" golf game ever.

For each user, the important features may differ and some may find something like TW14 to be their "best ever" due to the complete nature of the experience of content, courses, modes of play, PGA career, etc.

If you're a Sim user, you in a whole different scenario next year of having no choice but to move off of PG.

Is it still the "best ever" to a user that's being forced off of it, despite holding out their VISA and begging Trackman to take their money?

No matter what you think of PG and where it fits on the all time rankings of golf games, it's just a shame it's feature frozen and essentially in abandonware mode at this point.

The courses are wonderful, and thank you to those who create them, but no amount of 3rd party course work can fix wind and outstanding physics issues and lifeless planet feeling on those courses and only one avatar, and on and on with all the things we'd hoped would get addressed one day.

I love PG. I'm mainly just sad because it could and should have been so much more.

I totally agree with your comments here. It pretty well puts it all in a nut shell. We can endlessly have a  debate about what should have been, would have been and what if anything will be in future days. There is no point in endless dicussions. Whatever future PG 2 has will eventually be revealed.

• Buck likes this

#130 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:35 AM

Do you see anyone playing or designing courses for PG after 16 years? I don't.

Sadly, I'm not sure it will even be the case just 2 years from now.

I'll probably still be playing just with my uncle since his dementia has him over the point where learning something all new will work out well, but I could understand others simply moving on at some point. Maybe it's not to other golf games, but just other games period.

I suppose it really depends if there's really anything "next" for TGC (or maybe EA, who knows?)
The naive and hopeful side of me still holds out hope for a PG2 of some point honestly also.

#131 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:43 PM

BACK ON TOPIC

VIreSl4.png

• JoeF, fungolfer, cajuncapgun and 3 others like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#132 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:23 PM

It's a new day!

Happy Halloween all!   :D

MXXNjrQ.png

#133 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:21 PM

#134 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:46 PM

I agree 100% with your post Lee, and I am glad that you are keeping an eye on us!

You're most welcome, Lefty1948. ;)

#135 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:53 PM

Trolling+%281%29.jpg?format=1500w

Is it Halloween or Groundhog Day?  

• Tigers Agent likes this

#136 BrianZ111

BrianZ111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:45 PM

That's what I say...now that the designers know their courses won't become obsolete if the servers go down permanent (hopefully not, but has happened to some great games in the past). A major step in making this a classic golf sim. 

Well I can confirm at least one person is starting to work on courses here again in part because of this news. :)

• Jugador, erwildcat and Buck like this

#137 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:46 PM

Well I can confirm at least one person is starting to work on courses here again in part because of this news. :)

Awesome!

Real?  Fictional?

#138 BrianZ111

BrianZ111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:06 AM

Hopefully both.  I’m going to try not to get caught up in perfectionism and ridiculously high levels of detail like I have in the past so I get to more ideas.  It may end up giving things more of a stock look and hopefully that isn’t too disappointing, but I’m kind of burned out of creating tedious visuals unless I’m getting paid to do it.  What’s still a lot of fun to me is creating fun courses to play and CourseForge is pretty fun to work with in just creating courses, so that’s the plan.

Don’t know if this is going to be the first thing I complete yet but today I imported the LiDAR for Pine Hills Country Club, a classically (1920’s) designed course you’ve probably never heard of just a few miles from the more famous and modern Whistling Straits and Black Wolf Run.  I had the chance to play Pine Hills in the Wisconsin State Mid-Am Tournament a year ago and can’t believe it isn’t talked about more, really overshadowed by the other two and the fact that it’s private I guess.

• ✠ davef ✠ and Buck like this

#139 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 November 2019 - 04:45 AM

#140 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:00 AM

Hopefully both.  I’m going to try not to get caught up in perfectionism and ridiculously high levels of detail like I have in the past so I get to more ideas.  It may end up giving things more of a stock look and hopefully that isn’t too disappointing, but I’m kind of burned out of creating tedious visuals unless I’m getting paid to do it.  What’s still a lot of fun to me is creating fun courses to play and CourseForge is pretty fun to work with in just creating courses, so that’s the plan.

Don’t know if this is going to be the first thing I complete yet but today I imported the LiDAR for Pine Hills Country Club, a classically (1920’s) designed course you’ve probably never heard of just a few miles from the more famous and modern Whistling Straits and Black Wolf Run.  I had the chance to play Pine Hills in the Wisconsin State Mid-Am Tournament a year ago and can’t believe it isn’t talked about more, really overshadowed by the other two and the fact that it’s private I guess.

Excited to see what you come up with!
  • BrianZ111 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users