#61 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:46 AM

Just out of curiosity, how many would be willing to pay $200-250 a year to be able to use Phigolf or similar device with JNPG or something similar?

That thing can try to guess your club speed and path, but nothing else. It's like Nintendo Wee golf, not much more. Like you saw in the video, everybody can hit the ball with that magic stick, but when in the course, they can only show some leg and put that macig stick in their...... That's all I want to say about that.

I would never pay that kind of yearly fee when playing with that piece of ......

• Tigers Agent likes this

#62 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:29 PM

My wife just bought the phi golf wgt for me for Christmas. I am super stoked over this. I just hope that I am not disappointed. Hopefully the instructions will be clear otherwise I may be back here in this thread for help. According to Amazon, I won't get it until Thursday.

Cool!  I'm curious to read your reactions to it.  If it works as good as the Move/SimStix combo worked for me on my PS3 with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (and from what I'm reading it's got more input variables than the Move), you should get a lot out of it.  Is it a pure simulator?  No, but it's far more analogous to swinging a golf club than clicking a button three times, sliding a mouse back and forth, or flicking a 1 1/2" thumbstick on a fixed axis.  

• Buck likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#63 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:27 PM

Is it a pure simulator?  No, but it's far more analogous to swinging a golf club than clicking a button three times, sliding a mouse back and forth, or flicking a 1 1/2" thumbstick on a fixed axis.  

That is my takeaway and summary also.

It's a device that should be compared in "realism" not to a full simulator, but vs 3C and RTS options

#64 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:00 PM

I am wondering if it is close to the Wii. If so then I might as well swing one handed rather than as I would a golf club. I had fun with the Wii but my daughter stole it from me. When I discovered that I could swing one handed easier than trying to hit it like a golf swing my scores got decent. I can't wait until it arrives on Thursday (?)

#65 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:02 PM

Cool!  I'm curious to read your reactions to it.  If it works as good as the Move/SimStix combo worked for me on my PS3 with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (and from what I'm reading it's got more input variables than the Move), you should get a lot out of it.  Is it a pure simulator?  No, but it's far more analogous to swinging a golf club than clicking a button three times, sliding a mouse back and forth, or flicking a 1 1/2" thumbstick on a fixed axis.  

I am also hoping that it might be good enough to improve my real golf game, which I had pretty much given up on.

#66 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:47 PM

I am wondering if it is close to the Wii. If so then I might as well swing one handed rather than as I would a golf club. I had fun with the Wii but my daughter stole it from me. When I discovered that I could swing one handed easier than trying to hit it like a golf swing my scores got decent. I can't wait until it arrives on Thursday (?)

From all I read and hear, the Phigolf swing stick is weighted to feel like a real golf club in your hands.  It also has a full golf grip on it.  I think a two handed swing would be advantageous with this device.  I know when I was using the Move/SimStix combination, which also featured a full golf grip, I swung with both hands and would quite often demonstrate the same tendency I have in real life of fading the ball.  I don't know that I would count on this device to help me much with my real game though...

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#67 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:54 PM

I am also hoping that it might be good enough to improve my real golf game, which I had pretty much given up on.

I think it will show you what your swing path tendencies are and show you whether you're hitting the ball with a closed or open clubface.  I don't know how accurately it's going to reproduce the effects on the shot, but I think the errors will at least be somewhat representative.  Check out this You Tube review of the Phigolf Simulator, the audio isn't the best but the reviewer is pretty knowledgeable about it and reviews it in the proper light, IMO.

https://www.youtube....Eb-iHMj0&t=458s

• bgast1 likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#68 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:55 PM

Bgast1, hopefully we can try out a multiplayer round on WGT.
  • bgast1 likes this

#69 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:35 PM

Bgast1, hopefully we can try out a multiplayer round on WGT.

I'd be very curious to see how it would work out in a multplayer environment.  I'm curious, do you find the interface to be a little cumbersome?  Does it require a lot of back and forth between your iPad/Android device and keyboard for WGT?

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#70 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:29 AM

I'd be very curious to see how it would work out in a multplayer environment.  I'm curious, do you find the interface to be a little cumbersome?  Does it require a lot of back and forth between your iPad/Android device and keyboard for WGT?

I won't receive it until Thursday, but I'm not sure how soon I will be able to try it out. I will be at the hospital on Thursday with my wife who is getting her knee replaced.

#71 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:58 PM

I usually change clubs on approach shots and hit continue between between holes. I shut off hole preview to eliminate that continue. You adjust aim with push of button then twist the club and push button on device. Address the ball and swing. Again it's a fun device and I enjoy over using a mouse. If I get lazy with my swing it affects ball flight. Distances are close to my real clubs and I shoot a little better then irl, that's due to always making contact. Altering my swing extensively results in a duff shot. Overall I enjoy it!

#72 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:04 PM

I usually change clubs on approach shots and hit continue between between holes. I shut off hole preview to eliminate that continue. You adjust aim with push of button then twist the club and push button on device. Address the ball and swing. Again it's a fun device and I enjoy over using a mouse. If I get lazy with my swing it affects ball flight. Distances are close to my real clubs and I shoot a little better then irl, that's due to always making contact. Altering my swing extensively results in a duff shot. Overall I enjoy it!

So  you can play a round without having to go back to your PC or device and manipulate anything there, other than changing your club?  That doesn't sound too tedious.

• JTee1 likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#73 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:07 PM

I won't receive it until Thursday, but I'm not sure how soon I will be able to try it out. I will be at the hospital on Thursday with my wife who is getting her knee replaced.

Okay cool... hope everything goes well with your wife's knee replacement.  One of my good friends just had one placed and he is amazed how quickly he is recuperating from it.   He's already walking better on it, a few weeks later, than he did prior to the replacement.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#74 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:31 PM

My wife had both knees replaced within a 3 month period. She was riding bikes within 5 months. She is pain free and happy she did it.

#75 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:58 PM

She did very well with the first knee replacement. No more pain the leg is straight instead of bowed and she will be expecting to go back to work by January 2. I think that's crazy but that's what her goal is. 3 weeks. They will have her up and walking the same day.

#76 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:40 PM

I've received mine. I can connect the device to the Phigolf app just fine. I paid the subscription to WGT but can't figure out how to use the device in WGT. It gives me very short distances, but then that is about all a 68 year old guy can manage. I still have lot to learn about it. But it is fun and gives me a bit of exercise.

• JTee1 likes this

#77 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:16 PM

I've received mine. I can connect the device to the Phigolf app just fine. I paid the subscription to WGT but can't figure out how to use the device in WGT. It gives me very short distances, but then that is about all a 68 year old guy can manage. I still have lot to learn about it. But it is fun and gives me a bit of exercise.

My driving distance is about 10 yards farther than irl. I do enjoy the swing device though. Simulator it isn't, but it's enjoyable. I've been swapping back n forth between the tittlex for e6 golf and PHIGolf for WGT. Devices are very simaler but e6 courses are much better.

#78 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:23 PM

Just curious bgast1, have you tried using the stock practice range and courses that come wih Phigolf to see if they show this same performance anomaly?  I know they look primitive, graphically, but you might be able to learn something from their performance that could help you with WGT.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#79 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:51 PM

Just curious bgast1, have you tried using the stock practice range and courses that come wih Phigolf to see if they show this same performance anomaly?  I know they look primitive, graphically, but you might be able to learn something from their performance that could help you with WGT.

The stock practice range and the courses are all that is available for me to use as I am not able to access WGT to play with my Phigolf club even though I paid the subscription. I can only play WGT the original way but still have a lot to figure out even with that. But I would prefer to swing a club now.

#80 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:37 PM

The stock practice range and the courses are all that is available for me to use as I am not able to access WGT to play with my Phigolf club even though I paid the subscription. I can only play WGT the original way but still have a lot to figure out even with that. But I would prefer to swing a club now.

Oh, I see... try this thread at the Golf Simulator forum and see if it helps:

https://golfsimulato...olf-wgt-edition

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users