#41 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:04 PM

@JC

I'm glad you brought up this hardware device over in HB land..

That's the sort of peripheral that "might" make me be interested in TGC again at some point (I still want better physics, bunker fixes, all the old issues) as it would allow me to avoid that swing I don't care for and the loft box thing I hate, etc..

#42 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:01 PM

@JC

I'm glad you brought up this hardware device over in HB land..

That's the sort of peripheral that "might" make me be interested in TGC again at some point (I still want better physics, bunker fixes, all the old issues) as it would allow me to avoid that swing I don't care for and the loft box thing I hate, etc..

I was curious to see how much user interest there might be in something like it, but I was also hoping to draw a comment from Craig or Shaun about it.  I really think that TGC is probably best positioned to pursue an agreement with Phigolf at this point.  On the PC front, only JNPG, TGC, and WGT are the only simmish PC golf games that are still actively supported.  WGT's already in an arrangement with Phigolf, so that leaves TGC and PG.  I don't see any chance for PG here because they're already locked in with Trackman, who I'd imagine would have no interest in making the bed for Phigolf.

• Buck likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#43 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:47 AM

WGT has 5,305,439 registered members and growing.  There is a big difference in the number of user id and actual members though. With multi accounters and inactive users.  They guesstimate there is 1,000,000 active members. 

I got to thinking about these numbers you've shared JTee, as they made me wonder - why would Phigolf need to explore another golf game maker with offers to implement the Phigolf Swing Stick in their game if they've got 1,000,000 active members playing WGT?  Then it hit me... the vast majority of the million playing WGT aren't playing it because they want a challenging game of golf in which breaking par feels like an accomplishment, they want to reasonably be able to compete in online matches and tournaments in which the other players are going to be using the more low-score-friendly mouse interface.

I don't think WGT players are going to be marching out in droves and buying a Phigolf Swing Stick, but I can see some gamers buying a Phigolf Swing Stick so they can play WGT with it.     

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#44 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:12 AM

WGT golf. I am interested in trying out Phigolf swing stick, but I can't even figure out how to play WGT now.  I was able to play previously but I have no clue how to play once I get signed in.

#45 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:29 PM

WGT golf. I am interested in trying out Phigolf swing stick, but I can't even figure out how to play WGT now.  I was able to play previously but I have no clue how to play once I get signed in.

I remember it's got a funky swing interface that never felt congruent to me, but I can't remember exactly how it works.  It's been a while since I tried to play it, so maybe I need to try to play it again to see if I can imagine how the Phigolf swing stick might work with it.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#46 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:53 PM

WGT is like 2/3 click isn't, yeah?

I think I maybe played it on my iPad?

#47 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:15 PM

WGT is like 2/3 click isn't, yeah?

I think I maybe played it on my iPad?

It's really kind of archaic and overly simplified in concept.  You push the mouse forward while holding down the left mouse button to set the power of the swing,  The further you push the mouse, the longer the backswing.  You can seemingly move the mouse at whatever pace you feel comfortable with to do this.  You can surgically put the swing length at any point you want to.  Then you let go of the button to start the downswing, then you have to click the left mouse button again at 6 o'clock to hit it straight,  As per all the other click mechanisms out there, you'll hook or slice your shot proportional to the degree you're late or early on this final click.

This method just feels a bit retro and primitive, and all the while it's taking place in an Adobe Flash Player screen.  To each their own I say, but the WGT phenomenon is one that will leave me scratching my head  :unsure:  

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#48 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:19 PM

^^^ I had to read that about 4 times to even understand that swing - lol

It's amazing to me anything is using Flash anymore..

#49 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:21 PM

I do know you need to enable the Adobe flash player in order to play WGT. Also when I was playing over there a bunch of us were using the Maxthon web browser. It just seemed to work better with the swing meter. Once Adobe flash players enabled top left you should see a play now button. Just click it than a new window will open pick your course and what type of play and away you go. As far as the swing meter just left click on it then dragged to the left for the power you want release it then click when it gets to the centerline.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#50 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:25 PM

I see Jcat posted just before I did

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#51 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:34 PM

I see Jcat posted just before I did

You added something I didn't have... so I guess you can drag the mouse left or forward for the backswing?  Dragging it left I guess would make more sense, given it's using a horizontal swing meter.  I'm sure you've played that game more than I haveI was surprised that I still had an active account.   Boy, they sure don't miss an opportunity to hit you up for micro-transactions do they :o

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#52 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:50 PM

There is actually three different meters you can use. Before you start a game you can edit your equipment. Once in the equipment across the bottom there are tabs. Bag, meter, driver, Woods, Irons .... There is the original meter which you just drag to the left and let go then click when it hits the center Mark. Then there's a three click which looks the same but you start the swing with a click then click for your power then your third click would be your centerline. Pretty much what PG is accept it's a straight line instead of a circle. Then the third one is a vertical meter which is basically like the original but vertical.

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#53 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

ixn4h06.png

k69czgb.png

U0TD2Td.png

i77EnXD.png

• balaceanca81 likes this

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#54 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:51 PM

There is actually three different meters you can use. Before you start a game you can edit your equipment. Once in the equipment across the bottom there are tabs. Bag, meter, driver, Woods, Irons .... There is the original meter which you just drag to the left and let go then click when it hits the center Mark. Then there's a three click which looks the same but you start the swing with a click then click for your power then your third click would be your centerline. Pretty much what PG is accept it's a straight line instead of a circle. Then the third one is a vertical meter which is basically like the original but vertical.

The "vertical meter" allows you to drag the power to where you want it, like the horizontal meter?  I see a tremendous advantage for those two methods over the standard 3-click, if that's the case.  Thanks for you input on this btw.

• Justin9926 likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#55 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:44 PM

Yes, the original and the vertical you can drag it to the power you want. But keep in mind if you take too long you'll notice that the bars to the side of the centerline will start to shrink if you take too long. That will make it less forgiving if you're off on the snap line. So the faster you can set your power the better off you are for the forgiveness. If that makes sense to you LOL

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#56 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:28 PM

Yes, the original and the vertical you can drag it to the power you want. But keep in mind if you take too long you'll notice that the bars to the side of the centerline will start to shrink if you take too long. That will make it less forgiving if you're off on the snap line. So the faster you can set your power the better off you are for the forgiveness. If that makes sense to you LOL

That I hadn't noticed... I'll have to try the other two mehods tonight and compare to the horizontal drag/meter method.  I'll also keep an eye out for shrinkage with duration.  Thanks!

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#57 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:53 PM

The one you'll notice it the most is when you hold too long with the putter

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#58 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:35 AM

My wife just bought the phi golf wgt for me for Christmas. I am super stoked over this. I just hope that I am not disappointed. Hopefully the instructions will be clear otherwise I may be back here in this thread for help. According to Amazon, I won't get it until Thursday.

• Buck likes this

#59 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:07 AM

My wife just bought the phi golf wgt for me for Christmas. I am super stoked over this. I just hope that I am not disappointed. Hopefully the instructions will be clear otherwise I may be back here in this thread for help. According to Amazon, I won't get it until Thursday.

Very cool!

I'm excited we have another forum member going hands on with that thing to give us a first hand report...

#60 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:15 AM

Very cool!

I'm excited we have another forum member going hands on with that thing to give us a first hand report...

I'm a really bad real golfer, so I wonder how my experience will be.

• JTee1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users