76 replies to this topic

#41 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:38 AM

What is the point of having realistic ball physics or how wind impacts ball flight etc. when an arcade golf swing that dates back 35 years allows players to shoot scores that are laughable?

Maybe... just maybe, people don't give a crap about competitive gaming or shooting "realistic" scores and just want to have FUN.   You know, the concept that drove us all to video gaming at one point in our lives and continues on even today...  Options are great to have...

#42 Biffa

Biffa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:34 PM

Lol at the TGC propaganda!!! All hail the excellent TGC game and slag off PG, lmao.

In fairness, parts of what you spout i'd agree with. Many have said along with myself that an amalgamation of the 2 would be wonderful, each has better features than the other in different areas. You prefer TGC now, fair enough, I prefer PG. I think everyone knows each games' shortcomings by now and each game does have them, but get on your soap box by all means for the latecomers.

Affo I posted my opinion not this propaganda crap you write, who is the Troll now? Grow up child.

#43 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:56 PM

Priceless

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#44 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

I’m low on popcorn here. So is there proof of the guy cheating or is it more of a “butthurt” thing?

#45 Biffa

Biffa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

I’m low on popcorn here. So is there proof of the guy cheating or is it more of a “butthurt” thing?

There is no proof whatsoever of him cheating but the site still sanctioned him, withdrew his score from leader board and deleted the thread where he tried to defend himself, hence the moderator Affo is back at top of leader board. Make of that what you will.

#46 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:53 PM

Sounds sketchy at best. Carry on.

#47 Mic Fleetwood

Mic Fleetwood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:28 PM

Could be in the same Category then Affo's famous Results?

PGLS: No Proof, No Problem
NOTICE: PGLS will now delete your entire tournament entry on the basis of being, "increasingly alarmed," with your scores.

Forget about evidence... all we need now - with all of 10 players left playing the game - is mob rule, based on casting aspersions on anyone not in our tight little friend group.

But, I'm supposed to just accept this abuse, and continue to participate on PGLS, playing in a group of just ten moderator buddies and pals; so nice that one of them would impersonate me, and sign into my PGLS account, and proceed to uncheck the box that players check to join an event, while the tournament was still ongoing... thus surreptitiously removing my scores, fraudulently.

So, just keep in mind that PGLS will fraudulently cheat you out of a win, when they decide that they no longer need any evidence to disbelieve your scores.

All PGLS needs now is belief... in whichever narrative keeps their own group of buddies and pals at the top of literally hundreds of leaderboards.

How stingy does someone have to be, to literally steal a legitimate tournament win from a player that has won exactly one tournament in 18 months?

Truly pathetic that these so called grown men have apparently never fully matured... and are back to the underhanded schoolyard bullying tactics.

Apparently, that's one of the main reasons that this Perfect Golf game never took off. The developers couldn't be bothered to create an official ladder... that would have been run based on the absolute rules, and not to be independently abused, based on shaky personalities that clearly cannot be objective, because they compete themselves, in the same events in which they deign to govern.

Take heed, devs, if there's ever going to be a sequel to this game... you've got to control your own I.P; instead of giving random players license to setup their own draconian sites, with which, they will impersonate their own player base, in order to try to manipulate, cover up, and hide the exculpatory API, which proves that the players they are stealing wins from are more legitimate than the players that run their own kangaroo ladders.

• Biffa likes this

#48 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:14 PM

First off, there is absolutely no way anyone can shoot -58 using RTSM at Tour Pro.  I have been playing RTSM at the Pro level and a good round for me is under par and that is after over 2000 hours.  

the statement of the day here.

second was Lee's post pertaining to handicapped folks.

or maybe there are just a bunch here that think this game should not be playable

by the disabled.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#49 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:15 PM

Biffa, as I said in my comments, TGC 2019 is fun to play and I love the sound when hitting a driver but let me expand on my comments.  I've been playing the real game for over 35 years and I have never seen anyone chip from a bunker and that includes watching PGA telecasts.  In TGC you can even chip over bunker lips.  The trajectory on chips is way too high.  This results in carry distances equal to roll distance.  In real golf using the 8 iron as an example, the roll distance will be about 2.5 times longer than the carry distance.  They should add a splash shot to the game.  I saw one society where they don't allow chips from bunkers.

Speaking of bunkers they should add pot bunkers which is the defining feature of links courses and one of their primary defences.  TGC renditions of courses like St. Andrews just don't look right without them.  Generally the bunkers in TGC look awful compared to PG.

Flop shots have way too much release after landing and are more like pitch shots.  In regards to pitch shots, you can hit a pitch shot in TGC as long as 100 yards.  In real golf a pitch shot is from about 50 yards and shorter.

I agree that the various lies seem to have more an impact on ball trajectory in TGC.  Not sure if the wind does, and it seems to me that having the wind in your face and behind you has more of an effect.

They should add more replay cameras.  In PG there are 9 replay cameras to choose from.  In TGC there is basically one.  I would especially like a reverse camera angle.  Why are there no replays in multiplayer?  There is in solo but you have to click if I remember correctly 3 times to access it.

Why doesn't TGC have a roaming camera as they have in PG when you hit F5? 

They should add the feature of being able to move the position of your ball on the tee box like you can in PG.

The practice options in PG are vastly superior including able to play a course in practice mode with mulligans.  This also includes being able to place your ball anywhere on the course to practice specific shots at specific distances and lies.  The training option in TGC is very limited.

Why are there no gimmes?  It is ridiculosis when you have to putt a ball 4 inches from the hole.

They should add the impact of the elevation of the course on carry distance like it does in PG.  The course in Mexico City where they played the WGC tournament is at an elevation of 7400 feet and the players were getting carry distance increases of 15%.

They should add the option of being able to create custom objects and buildings like you can in PG.  Then you could have custom flags, tee markers and club houses that look like the real one when it is a real course rendition.  "Bowling balls" cut in half with a number on it as tee markers look odd to say the least.  I found that a lot of the real course renditions in TGC are not even in the same league as those in PG.

I believe this is the 3rd version of TGC and I was surprised by the number of visible bugs.  For example, balls remain on the green even when they directly block the line of another ball to the hole.  I have seen putts roll through these balls.  On the tee box  I have seen the tee ball sitting on top of another ball.

As I stated, if the features and options from both games could be combined we would have the best computer golf sim to date.

• JoeF, Biffa, Affo and 1 other like this

RTSM - Pro

#50 devon1

devon1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:04 PM

There is no proof whatsoever of him cheating but the site still sanctioned him, withdrew his score from leader board and deleted the thread where he tried to defend himself, hence the moderator Affo is back at top of leader board. Make of that what you will.

me tinks dat someone can dat fires -67 (affo) has no bizness make accusation at -58, to have score deleted fakely & defo w/0 proof.sad,rly when u tink bout it.

wunder what affos hi score is????? minus infinity? after all dey make it up as it go. affo has infinit merit order dole. dis is de issue w/dicktator laders,declare meself glorius,oh i do tink so meself. haaahh! means zilch wen u have to fakely dq better players to win.

#51 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:15 PM

@slouis

Great analysis of many of the issues in TGC.

I think, honestly, they just don't have (and never did) enough passionate real golfers in the mix on their development teams.

Developers who are also die-hard real life golfers would immediately take issue with many fundamental things in that game, before those elements ever saw the light of day in an official release - let alone 3 released versions (where we are now with TGC 2019)

#52 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:48 PM

@slouis

Great analysis of many of the issues in TGC.

I think, honestly, they just don't have (and never did) enough passionate real golfers in the mix on their development teams.

Developers who are also die-hard real life golfers would immediately take issue with many fundamental things in that game, before those elements ever saw the light of day in an official release - let alone 3 released versions (where we are now with TGC 2019)

Kinda makes ya wonder how them die hard golfing developers didn’t fix PG either eh?

#53 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:03 PM

Kinda makes ya wonder how them die hard golfing developers didn’t fix PG either eh?

Not really, no, it doesn't make me wonder.

They sold their company and are continuing the work on that platform (where there's real, actual, money to be made)

I can't blame them one bit honestly.  

I may not personally love it, but I totally understand the decision from their perspective.

That aside, to this very day, I would take PG1 over any version of TGC - hands down.

• Ian, ✠ davef ✠ and Affo like this

#54 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:09 PM

So you give the pg crew a pass for the issues this game has? Least your not afraid to show your bias. Kudos.

#55 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:12 PM

So you give the pg crew a pass for the issues this game has? Least your not afraid to show your bias. Kudos.

Am I happy that it got abandoned?

No

But it did and it is what it is and that's life and business and so it goes.

I'm happy we have PG1 at all honestly.

I prefer to live in the "now" and right "now", this is the best out there.

Hopefully in the future there will be something better as well.

#56 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:04 PM

Am I happy that it got abandoned?

No

But it did and it is what it is and that's life and business and so it goes.

I'm happy we have PG1 at all honestly.

I prefer to live in the "now" and right "now", this is the best out there.

Hopefully in the future there will be something better as well.

Bump!

• RobV likes this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#57 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:23 PM

Biffa, as I said in my comments, TGC 2019 is fun to play and I love the sound when hitting a driver but let me expand on my comments.  I've been playing the real game for over 35 years and I have never seen anyone chip from a bunker and that includes watching PGA telecasts.  In TGC you can even chip over bunker lips.  The trajectory on chips is way too high.  This results in carry distances equal to roll distance.  In real golf using the 8 iron as an example, the roll distance will be about 2.5 times longer than the carry distance.  They should add a splash shot to the game.  I saw one society where they don't allow chips from bunkers.

slouis,  You make a number of points in your post.  I'd like to break them down and comment on them individually for clarity.  Yeah, the chip shot out of the bunker is an unfortunate reality in TGC, especially when they can be used as effectively as they can be in this game.  There should be a splash shot in this game, but for it to work properly for the ranges it would need to be used, HBS would have to figure out a way to incorporate a more granular, proportional swing in the swing interface.  The interface is not properly scaled for most partial shots in this game, which IMO, is its biggest black eye.  They could put a splash shot in the game, but it would probably only be manageable for +/- 5% of its nominal carry distance.

BTW, I'm going to wind up responding to the rest of your points in Buck's TGC 2019 thread in the off-topic section... I don't want to hi-jack this thread to have an extended discussion about TGC 2019.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#58 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:29 PM

Back to OP...new PGLS Tour is going well, this week is the first joint Tour WGC event.

6 different winners so far from the 14 events held.

51 different players have managed a top 10 finish too.

Really nicely put together, thanks go to Bobfletch who's idea it was and Mark of course for managing to get the idea to work!

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

#59 Biffa

Biffa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:41 PM

Back to OP...new PGLS Tour is going well, this week is the first joint Tour WGC event.

Really nicely put together, thanks go to Bobfletch who's idea it was 

Yes then you ban him from your site and steal not only his idea but the courses etc he took months to check out. But no worries he has set up another tour on TGC2019.

#60 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:46 PM

Yes then you ban him from your site and steal not only his idea but the courses etc he took months to check out. But no worries he has set up another tour on TGC2019.

TROLL ALERT

I know he has and no doubt it will be well setup.

And there you go with the steal thing again just when I was giving kudos where it was deserved..you guys left, if was all setup...what were we supposed to do, bin it! lmao. Think you got some grass to chew somewhere OldGoat, really.....trot on!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PGLS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users