• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#101 jgirard

jgirard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

I too would have to agree with a lot of the courses on this "wishlist" topic.  However, I will attempt to do some of my "local" courses around my area (such as Dornick Hills Country Club - where famed course designer Perry Maxwell is buried in the family cemetery, Oak Tree National, and Southern Hills Country Club.  I figure those are some of the better known courses from Oklahoma!  LOL!

Jason

#102 pdxdriver

pdxdriver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire,UK

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

How about =The Oxfordshire Thame Uk,hosted many a good pro event,plays like a links when we have plenty of wind and rain,4 lakes and 135 bunkers.Players like Faldo,Parnevik,Sherry,and all the 1995 European Ryder Cup Team have competed here.

#103 shimwooley

shimwooley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:13 AM

It would be great to play whistling straits !

#104 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

this is my golf course list :

1- Bethpage Black New York, USA.
2- St. Andrews Links Scotland, UK.
3- Congressional Country Club Maryland, USA.
4- Kiawah Island The Ocean Course South Carolina, USA.
5- Harbour Town Golf Links Harbour Town, USA.
6- Merion Golf Club Pennsylvania, USA.
7- Pebble Beach Golf Links Pebble Beach, USA.
8- Pinehurst No.8 Country Club North Carolina, USA.
9- Celtic Manor The Golf Course Welsh, UK.
10 - Edgewood Tahoe The Golf Course Nevada, USA.

Other golf courses are more than welcome, Cheers !

#105 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

I like that list andy

#106 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

I like that list andy

The neat thing about that list, is 8 of the 10 would be potential APCD > Course Forge courses (of which 2 of these have already been done by PP anyway - Congressional and Pebble Beach) so that would leave just Pinehurst #8 (of which there is a MS .CRX version from years back) and Edgewood Tahoe.

Obviously a number of these courses may very well have been done in TW (not to upset our TW community members) but I am only aware that the TI will be able to import APCD .CRZ files, hence my reference more to Links (which is my game of choice) and not TW.

I think the only issue is the recreation of real courses in Perfect Golf by the community and whether appropriate permission will need to be gained from the actual club themselves before the course is allowed to be made available for folks to play on.

#107 jerpro

jerpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

Wolf Creek would be a nice course to see.

#108 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Obviously a number of these courses may very well have been done in TW (not to upset our TW community members) but I am only aware that the TI will be able to import APCD .CRZ files, hence my reference more to Links (which is my game of choice) and not TW.

I did ask Andrew a while ago about TW course designer files, and he said he would take a look, I believe Gary Norman sent or posted a file, but never heard any more about it.

#109 stanlucas74

stanlucas74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWesterville, Ohio

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

All above courses are awesome! I would maybe like a couple of local courses, local to me that is.  Muirfield and maybe Scioto Country Club (Where Jack Nicklaus grew up playing)

#110 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

I did ask Andrew a while ago about TW course designer files, and he said he would take a look, I believe Gary Norman sent or posted a file, but never heard any more about it.

Yep, I sent a file over some time ago now...  Nothing back as of yet...

#111 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Most courses wished for here are great…. However, they are considered great only because of media exposure, mostly through tv coverage of PGA and major championships. We see them on TV and, naturally, we want to be there as well. I daresay there are many more equally great courses yet to discover a bit to the side of the glamorous mainstream.

It's so tiresome at times that I'm beginning to be fed up with the usual suspects: Torrey, Sawgrass, Pebble and yes, even St. Andrews. I computer-played these so often on so many different games that they all come with a stale "been there, done that" aftertaste. Anything different off the beaten path is most welcome.

Any course will do that lets me go out and swing a stick, and be it a backwater non-entity way out in the sticks, like Boondocks Municipal right after it has been washed away by mudslides.

• SJude likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#112 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

youre right my friend the courses you listed do become stale, i want to see exciting and harder courses, with lots water, cliffs, doglegs, waterfalls , like the demo hole , courses that make you think and if you play the wrong club or the wind is breezy your in trouble - like in real golf-- course management will be needed and they keep you coming back to try again and do better, theres lots of different courses like that out there that are underrated and not as popular as the well know know courses.

With links 2003 and tw08 there are hundreds of courses, but there are stand outs in each that i play over and over and the others i dont want to play them again, there just not exciting enough. they all have user ratings and most downloaded or most popular, so hopefully the pp team will look at these statistics and make the best ones available

I played a round the other day, i hit 2 good balls all day, thats when i stood on the rake in the bunker  ?

#113 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

It's so tiresome at times that I'm beginning to be fed up with the usual suspects: Torrey, Sawgrass, Pebble and yes, even St. Andrews. I computer-played these so often on so many different games that they all come with a stale "been there, done that" aftertaste. Anything different off the beaten path is most welcome.

I  Can agree to that in some sense , but If avbl to me I would probabaly play them one or twice just to see how this team pulled it off ... but I wouldn´t play them on regular basis I guess ...

I must say that the "one occurance" consol game Links 2004 pulled of a great selection of courses ... some of them I like to see in PG:

Four Seasons Resort Aviara,

Greywolf,

Mauna Lani Resort,

Superstition Mountain,

New South Wales,

Oakmont CC,

Loch Lomond,

St. Andrews,

and Ocean Mill (Fictional)

#114 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

Well guys, i agree with you all about new courses and try to suggest to PP new ideas as i read above here, well done,

i was thinking about these... the comments are appreciated

a) PINE Valley golf club Clementon New Jersey, USA
B) Cypress Point club Pebble Beach California, USA
c) Royal Melbourne golf club Melbourne, Australia
d) Shinnecock Hills golf club Southampton New York, USA
e) Augusta National golf club Augusta Georgia, USA
f) Oakmont country club Oakmont Pennsylvania, USA
g) Winged Foot golf club-west Mamaroneck New York, USA
h) Sand Hills golf club Mullen Nebraska, USA
i) Fisher Island club Fishers Island New York, USA
j) Pacific Dunes golf resort Bandon Oregon, USA

You guys know better than me that there are a lot of wonderful courses on our lands, more of them are welcome and i'm sure that our ideas will be appreciated to PP staff.

kind regards
Andy

#115 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

The only comments I would make are while many of us our putting our wish lists together, will there be any license/copyright obstacles PP would need to get past before allowing a community recreation of say Oakmont, Pinehurst, Merion etc. or will the community be free to design away and recreate real life venues without any worry their virtual version of the course will never be seen in the game?

#116 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

Will this game really happen? I can/ we can make it happen..doubtful now

#117 Don_E

Don_E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Ok...you said the same thing in all threads...now bugger off.

#118 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

I think the recent posts by Steve and Brian pretty well substantiate that we are going to get something. Let alone the fact that MJ and AJ. And others are involved.

I'm fairly cynical, but I've never been in doubt over PPs aspirations. Pulling it off, making it successful is not guaranteed, but they'll give it their best shot.

KUTGW PP
  • FixAmer1st likes this

#119 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

I really just want a working game now..release it now..should be more than ready?

I tried calling and asking about a release date and how was thus going,,

I got this for 30 minutes..than a busy signal

Is it me? What can I do to help you?

#120 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

Like some comments above.. we have to see the inclusion of those classic courses, it wouldn't make the game stand out unless it has them at some point, available. Personally, I enjoyed Innisbrook in the past. However I never knew the course until it appeared in Links. I discovered it that way, and have fond memories of how tough it was (also Firestone). So was i really enjoying the Course or the difficulty..?

Add to the discussion whereby we can take any particluar hole from these great courses and create a Course of 18 Classic holes from the better known courses, and the variations can see many courses..

Top 10 Holes...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users