#601 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 02 August 2021 - 06:04 AM

I finally finished the PGA 2K21 course I've been tinkering with for a while. If anyone is interested in checking it out, it is named Saguaro Canyon. Here is a link with more information and some screenshots:

https://tgctours.pro.../saguaro-canyon

Now back to the Course Forge....  ;)

• Greensboronclion likes this

#602 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 06:15 AM

I'm sure it's great (you did it - must be!!)

But I have to admit -- the screenshots...

Man -- everything in that game looks always basically the same

I know they probably won't, but I wish they'd move on from the course/server/shared asset thing.

It's holding it all back

• maxie likes this

#603 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 02 August 2021 - 05:22 PM

I'm sure it's great (you did it - must be!!)

But I have to admit -- the screenshots...

Man -- everything in that game looks always basically the same

I know they probably won't, but I wish they'd move on from the course/server/shared asset thing.

It's holding it all back

It really is the consoles holding their course editor back. Since the game was mainly engineered with a controller in mind, the PC is just an afterthought. I just don't see them ever allowing the user to import custom models and artwork. It would be great if they would, but again, the console focus doesn't really allow it.

So, in the end the courses do end up looking quite similar to one another. There is only so much you can do when everyone is using the same assets. A few things that could help a bit with future versions of the game would be to allow the user to adjust the color of the texture shaders. They could also provide more building components so that you could end up creating more unique structures, much like how it is done with Planet Coaster.

• Buck likes this

#604 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 05:25 PM

Course looks great Brian, will have to fire up 2K21 and give this a go.
  • BSilvernail likes this
Ken

#605 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:46 PM

hi brian,played the course this morning, as expected ,from design standpoint,just a really great job.lot of thought went into the hole designs.and this plays like a real course.in my opinion thats exactly what you want from a fictional design,realism.something that could exsist in real life.glad you decided to design for 2k21.well done sir!

• BSilvernail likes this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#606 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 02:58 PM

Just finished a quick 18 Brian and as always it played and looked very very good -6 but had to plot my way around the course which is good.

Love to see more links type courses but then I always have done :lol:

• BSilvernail likes this

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#607 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 12:12 AM

Having defended PG over PGA 2K21, after playing and designing on PGA 2K21 a lot, I can honestly say that I was mistaken.

I play on the ‘Master’ setting. Not only does this provide a proper challenge, it offers something that PG never did. You can actually hit duffed and mistimed shots, which brings many course elements into play that PG doesn’t. A bad shot in PG only gives extreme hook or slice, in PGA 2K21 you also loose a lot of distance, much as you would hitting a bad shot in real golf.

I agreed with many people that the ‘pitch’ option was devoid of feel and almost impossible to judge distance. Again I was wrong.

I eventually worked out a system to make distance control far more accurate and rewarding. Instead of watching the clubhead I now concentrate on the avatar’s hands. This system is made easier if you clothe your player in a shirt with horizontal stripes. You can then make your downswing when the player’s hands reach a certain stripe on his shirt. It takes time to perfect this method but it’s changed the short game element for me. Adding or reducing loft, much as you would do in real golf, adds fine tuning to the pitch.

Course designing, whilst not perfect, is something I really enjoy on PGA 2K21 and some lovely looking and varied courses are possible.

I use the ‘2 water plane’ method, to avoid the ugly dried/worn bank effect that using the standard 1 water plane gives you.

Tour pro motion swing and rts-m will result in a serious amount of distance loss

#608 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:33 PM

PS4/PS5 owners-2k21 is one of  Play Station Plus' October free games.

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#609 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 09:22 PM

PS4/PS5 owners-2k21 is one of  Play Station Plus' October free games.

Worth every penny! 
I started out disliking the game but now design and play most days.
Perfect Golf doesn’t even get a look in nowadays. I didn’t like being taken for a fool by the money grabbing and dishonest PG devs.

• ✠ davef ✠ and RobV like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#610 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 07 October 2021 - 02:25 AM

well i finely broke down today and bought it anf i will say i only played 1 round so far

i liked what i saw and with an xbox one controller i was not having any issues hitting the ball

looks like the putting is going to be the hardest thing to learn.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#611 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 07 October 2021 - 05:52 AM

I really play exclusively 2K21 and I tried to play some PP and while I enjoyed the game play the lack of atmosphere killed it again for me.  I play the TGC Beer league and a few societies mainly Live Gaming Network, Apexhound and Jimgem.  For me I also love the career mode and again I play this game a lot.

#612 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 07 October 2021 - 05:54 AM

well i finely broke down today and bought it anf i will say i only played 1 round so far

i liked what i saw and with an xbox one controller i was not having any issues hitting the ball

looks like the putting is going to be the hardest thing to learn.

Dave you will get used to the putting but I found that no putting meter and using the vibration feedback is the best way.  Beware tho as the rollout on downhill putts with to strong swing can be brutal.

#613 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 02:47 PM

It's $20 right now on Steam... might have to finally pick it up and give it a go.  

#614 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 07 October 2021 - 03:00 PM

It's $20 right now on Steam... might have to finally pick it up and give it a go.  

well you might be surprised. as i was. i set up in Pro level and i have an xbox one controler and found it rather

easy to hit the ball straight, so then i switched over to RTMS and i also found that pretty easy to hit with maybe more control

on partial shots, where i was having issues hitting anything but full shots on the controller.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users