613 replies to this topic

#1 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:32 PM

Surprised this was not posted yet, but here you go.. 

https://gaming-age.c...-pga-tour-2k21/

#2 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:48 PM

I called this months ago. Maybe they can get Tiger as the face.
  • RobV likes this

#3 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:50 PM

I called this months ago. Maybe they can get Tiger as the face.

Now would definitely be the time to do that... especially since his comeback has been somewhat successful.. 

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:56 PM

The video did nothing for me

Looks exactly what I'd expect it to look like (just like TGC2019)

I predict this will be the coat of paint on the same old house that I've long thought a "next version" would be.

Love to be wrong - don't think I will be though.

• MERACE likes this

#5 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:59 PM

The video did nothing for me

Looks exactly what I'd expect it to look like (just like TGC2019 - aluminum foil water and everything)

I predict this will be the coat of paint on the same old house that I've long thought a "next version" would be.

Love to be wrong - don't think I will be though.

Well, that is yet to be determined...  Aside from the tons of mobile golf games, it will be the only modern golf game for console and PC out there.   I never purchased TGC2019, but definitely keeping my eye on this game.   

#6 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:04 PM

Well, that is yet to be determined...  Aside from the tons of mobile golf games, it will be the only modern golf game for console and PC out there.   I never purchased TGC2019, but definitely keeping my eye on this game.   

Rob, that's just the attitude they need to collect money for doing very little - EA Style

I'll also "keep an eye on it" - but the video looked graphically **exactly** like 2019..

So the devil really is in the details.

Barring a big surprise and major under the hood changes - they are now going to charge people for what should have been updates to 2019 - 18 months ago

That is ripped right out of the EA playbook.

Stop updates quickly and get ready to charge people again on the "next version"

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:08 PM

Exciting day for Johneric - He gets to run around and say "I told you so!"  :lol:

#8 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:09 PM

Rob, that's just the attitude they need to collect money for doing very little - EA Style

I'll also "keep an eye on it" - but the video looked graphically **exactly** like 2019..

So the devil really is in the details.

Barring a big surprise and major under the hood changes - they are now going to charge people for what should have been updates to 2019 - 18 months ago

That is ripped right out of the EA playbook.

Stop updates quickly and get ready to charge people again on the "next version"

On the surface, I suppose that model has been pretty successful over the what, last 20 years?...  FIFA, NHL, MLB, NFL..  so why not?  

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:12 PM

On the surface, I suppose that model has been pretty successful over the what, last 20 years?...  FIFA, NHL, MLB, NFL..  so why not?  

Well - it's not the place to debate the merits of that, but I'll just say...

I'm not personally batting an eye at this (just like I don't at 2019) until we see and can confirm what actually happened here.

"Re-skinning" 2019 and adding some content (which JC was also predicting I believe) is "nice", but not nearly enough for many people, especially not after what will be 2 years off.

Longtime HB folks had been onboard with that company being more "small time feeling" and communicative and consumer/fan oriented with updates, and dev discussion, etc

It has been fairly polarizing, rightly so, to see them go all "big studio" with censoring discussions and courses and then going dark on real communications for months on end.

#10 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:16 PM

Update:  Sounds like it's confirmed by CrazyCanuck to be on PC, with a course designer still, etc.

(makes sense - looks like the same game, but with some fresh content)

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:55 PM

It does look the same course creator tech (and its limitations) if you look at some of the wonky angles and shapes the could use smoothing on this overhead of 17 Sawgrass

4mzlUAO.png

#12 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:36 PM

theres something your missing on this overhead.not only is it LIDAR ,but its also satellite overlay.this alone could be a complete game changer as far as usermade courses are concerned.the ability to adjust textures with the overlay,will make some of the most photo realistic courses ever produced.i hate to say it but ,PG is officially dead.even though i will still play PG,until the lights go out.RIP  PG.Its been a great run,ive played about 3000 hrs on pg and produced over 20 courses.thats alot of fun for less than 30 bucks.

• erwildcat, RobV and Charles like this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#13 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:56 PM

theres something your missing on this overhead.not only is it LIDAR ,but its also satellite overlay.this alone could be a complete game changer as far as usermade courses are concerned.the ability to adjust textures with the overlay,will make some of the most photo realistic courses ever produced.i hate to say it but ,PG is officially dead.even though i will still play PG,until the lights go out.RIP  PG.Its been a great run,ive played about 3000 hrs on pg and produced over 20 courses.thats alot of fun for less than 30 bucks.

How can you tell there's overlay being used?

As an aside - nothing about this is "lights out for PG" - totally unrelated.

I don't see any reason why PG would stop working anytime in the near future, do you?

#14 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:09 PM

Well! That's a surprise. I sincerely hope the many tips and wishes will be followed up in getting this game to its full potential. It certainly deserves it.

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#15 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:23 PM

buck im not sayin PG is dead player wise,but its been left behind.clearly in the image you can see the satllite overlay bleeding thru the green,a regular texture would have a much more uniform look,even the pathway to the green has blending,you could not do this in the previous games.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

#16 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:25 PM

clearly in the image you can see the satllite overlay bleeding thru the green,a regular texture would have a much more uniform look,even the pathway to the green has blending,you could not do this in the previous games.

Hmm - bit skeptical on this.

I'll be interested to see some confirmation either way.

In either case, the exact same course creator shape flaws are there - literally identical when you compare it to TGC2019 videos of Sawgrass.

#17 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:29 PM

Re:  Overlay - what am I missing that you're seeing that confirms sat image overlay usage?

Here's Google Sat, Apple Sat and bottom larger is in game shot from the teaser for 2k21

YKUvO5Y.png

#18 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:46 PM

had a look in 4k,theres definitely been changes to the designer,even though its the same designer,it has upgrades.if the upgrades are better or not .remains to be seen.

heres what i think they have done,used the same game code,hopefully they have listened to the players and the designers and fixed all the issues with 2019,and upgraded the designer.is it enough who knows?ive owned all 3 versions of the golf club,the 1st 2 were complete garbage.when i played 2019,which i payed 10 dollars for.i wasent expecting anything different.i was surprized,after 600 hrs, and a lot of frustration,im hooked.this game has so much potential.i still play PG daily,love it. this one could change things.at least i hope it does.

• Buck, RobV and Charles like this

#19 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:48 PM

if the upgrades are better or not .remains to be seen

A perfect summary of the entire situation

#20 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:52 PM

unless they have figured out how to randomly generate textures without a  pattern,then this is absolutely overlay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users