613 replies to this topic

#41 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:48 AM

Well it looks like somebody is going to make a new Golf Game.

https://nam01.safeli...3VU=&reserved=0

Wrong Forum too... (Should be in Off Topic instead of Perfect Golf Forum)

• Jesus Jones likes this

Who cares...

#42 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:52 AM

Thats just like EA: Take an old Game and just change the name. And people still pay for that :D :D

Who cares...

#43 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 07 May 2020 - 10:23 AM

The 100% thing is the biggest problem. I wish I had a dollar for every time I fly a green by a foot.

• Buck likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#44 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 10:26 AM

Thats just like EA: Take an old Game and just change the name. And people still pay for that :D :D

Even worse for the sim guys - they pay something like $350 for the update if they bought the previous more than a year ago, despite initially buying a $1000 *lifetime* license.

And they don't get the PGA branding and TPC courses in it either.

• fungolfer and GolfGuy72_2000 like this

#45 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 11:09 AM

having also shelled out for most versions and been disappointed every time, I will take a closer look before both making judgement and getting my hopes up for a true version that we so desperately need

I wanted a PC version of Madden so badly since the loooooong wait from 08 that I jumped as soon as possible when 19 was released and it felt very flat after playing that I still havent looked at 20 or likely to do so

• Buck likes this

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#46 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:19 PM

oh for a bit of 3C :D

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#47 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:00 PM

think it's TGC

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#48 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:05 PM

Wrong Forum too... (Should be in Off Topic instead of Perfect Golf Forum)

Your correct should be and I really don't know how to move it to off topic. If a Dev is watching please move to off topic but haven't heard from a Dev I awhile so it could be a while.

#49 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:15 PM

I think what everybody is missing is the game is announced for Xbox and PlayStation and not PC. I own it for PC and Xbox and don't even play PC version anymore because the fields on consoles are huge. Was in a Society event on Xbox a few weeks ago where over a thousand players were entered and my friends tell me there are twice as many playing on PS4. No PC version is telling as there are just not enough PC guy playing and the fact is people like playing from their recliner with a controller. I play PG now on a gaming laptop and enjoy it but also enjoy TGC2019 from my recliner. Time are changing and with the launch of the Xbox X and PS5 so is gaming and mouse golf has seen it's last golf game IMHO.

#50 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:23 PM

No worries, I reported the topic. Maybe someone is still alive at PP and moves it to off topic as reported :D

Who cares...

#51 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:07 PM

I think what everybody is missing is the game is announced for Xbox and PlayStation and not PC. 

It is coming to PC also.  That was confirmed by a TGC Tours member.

I think 2k might just be the distributor for all console angles and maybe HB is distributing it themselves through Steam on PC or something.

In any case - it is coming to PC - no worries there.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#52 GolfGuy72_2000

GolfGuy72_2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

Even worse for the sim guys - they pay something like $350 for the update if they bought the previous more than a year ago, despite initially buying a $1000 *lifetime* license.

And they don't get the PGA branding and TPC courses in it either.

I have to wonder if they'll even offer this on the sim, or if they'll skip like they did TGC2? I need to read the announcement yet - maybe details are included. I agree that it's garbage we can't even play the PGA and TPC courses. I declined the upgrade primarily for that reason, plus I got hooked on PG. Come August, though, that probably won't even be an option. More garbage. Maybe somehow HB will come through for us sim guys this time around! Good luck!

#53 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:15 PM

I'll buy it anyway cause I'm a junkie for this sort of thing.

Don't feel alone... I'm in the same boat ;)

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#54 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:23 PM

@JCat04 & M Rose

Serious question here...  

Since you've both admitted that you'll buy whatever they release (no shame in that - I get it - golf lovers and TGC/2k21 is all that's out there being developed right now)..

Would you also be onboard with a monthly or yearly subscription?

The reason I ask is that I suspect you might say "no" (and that others in the die-hard HB camp might agree), but I can't figure out why.

If people are willing to give them money no matter what, why not do it monthly so HB/2K can build a real recurring revenue business and truly invest in it and be updating it and adding to it all the time, right?

It would be better for both sides.

Of course, as you both know - we had this problem here with us all flatly shutting down the concept of the "Season Pass" and what did we end up with?

PP sold to TM and we have nothing now -- Just a game that "keeps working" but is totally undeveloped and barely supported at all (really not at all - updates have done things like remove unlicensed IP, that's it).

I'm pretty sure we chose the wrong option as consumers here by fighting the subscription.

#55 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:02 PM

@JCat04 & M Rose

Serious question here...  

Since you've both admitted that you'll buy whatever they release (no shame in that - I get it - golf lovers and TGC/2k21 is all that's out there being developed right now)..

Would you also be onboard with a monthly or yearly subscription?

The reason I ask is that I suspect you might say "no" (and that others in the die-hard HB camp might agree), but I can't figure out why.

If people are willing to give them money no matter what, why not do it monthly so HB/2K can build a real recurring revenue business and truly invest in it and be updating it and adding to it all the time, right?

It would be better for both sides.

Of course, as you both know - we had this problem here with us all flatly shutting down the concept of the "Season Pass" and what did we end up with?

PP sold to TM and we have nothing now -- Just a game that "keeps working" but is totally undeveloped and barely supported at all (really not at all - updates have done things like remove unlicensed IP, that's it).

I'm pretty sure we chose the wrong option as consumers here by fighting the subscription.

Before I re-upped my subscription with iRacing earlier this year, I would have said no.  That has changed, iRacing is able to maintain an incredible level of quality and support thanks to their subscription model.  If I could get the iRacing equivalent in a golf game, whether it's made by 2K/HB Studios, EA/Tiburon, or Trackman/Perfect Parallel, I don't care... I just know I would love to have an iRacing caliber product in the golf gaming world!

• BSilvernail, Buck and Greensboronclion like this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#56 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:59 PM

TGC2019 is free right now on Steam.   I guess if there is ANY indication that I am going to pick up 2k21, I might as well give this a go.  I did buy the original and just kept going back to Links2k (I still am, ha!) and/or PG.    Either way, I am sure 2k21 will be fine... or back to Links I go! 

#57 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:02 PM

If I could get the iRacing equivalent in a golf game, whether it's made by 2K/HB Studios, EA/Tiburon, or Trackman/Perfect Parallel, I don't care... I just know I would love to have an iRacing caliber product in the golf gaming world!

Totally agree

Related to this overall topic (somewhat).
"Upcoming EA Games For Current Generation Consoles Can Be Upgraded Free For Next Generation"

https://www.operatio...ration-systems/

Hopefully the same thing would apply for 2k games, including PGA2K21 (and if so, they should release this puppy ASAP)

#58 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 08 May 2020 - 03:16 AM

Well this is actually better news than we are getting from PP.  I still expect Perfect Golf to be totally closed by August.  I am at the prove me wrong stage.  

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#59 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:51 AM

I didn't fight the subscription model.

I had mixed feelings about it, but I didn't feel particularly strong one way or the other. As a designer it actually would have benefitted me because there was an incentive for course designers.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#60 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 02:10 PM

Well this is actually better news than we are getting from PP.  I still expect Perfect Golf to be totally closed by August.  I am at the prove me wrong stage.

The silence is deafening isn't it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users