613 replies to this topic

#61 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 03:16 PM

Well this is actually better news than we are getting from PP.  I still expect Perfect Golf to be totally closed by August.  I am at the prove me wrong stage.  

I don't really see why anything would close in August (beyond the already announced sim termination for non TM hardware).

These types of games can live on in perpetuity with little to no attention (many golf games have)

• fungolfer, Greensboronclion and DoGgs like this

#62 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 09 May 2020 - 10:56 PM

I just learned on reddit I've been banned from this forum.

This is weird!   

I don't hold out a ton of hope for the new pga game since it seems to just be some tiger woods stepchild :(  

How sad is is we don't have a good golf game on PC :(  

#63 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:15 PM

All just making do with what we have I suppose.
I still play PG every single night with my uncle and we have a ball.  For that specific usage, it's totally wonderful for us.

I also still fire up TW14 here and there when I want to go whole hog on career and real tournament event type stuff.

I'm super excited for that to get better PS3 emulator capability and some upscaling at some point.  
From a content standpoint, it's hard to beat TW14.  It's sort of an all-timer release on that front at least.

2k21:

We shall see, but to me it looks like the content update that 2019 should have gotten - not a new release worth charging full price again for (which they of course will do).

People getting excited for pros like "Matthew Fitzpatrick" and "Carlos Ortiz" - I don't get it.

You could literally make those names up and fool me into thinking they were pros (or not).  

Sure hope 2k has some actual headliners up their sleeve or they're going to make the Rory "bomb" look like a firecracker in comparison.

#64 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 10 May 2020 - 02:26 AM

I just learned on reddit I've been banned from this forum.

This is weird!   

I don't hold out a ton of hope for the new pga game since it seems to just be some tiger woods stepchild :(  

What? How did you post this message if you were banned, or were you given a 'parting shot'?  You haven't posted anything here in a while that I've seen. :huh:

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#65 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 10 May 2020 - 02:31 AM

If we get to play as obscure tour pros, can't we at least pick guys from 40-50 years ago?

I really wanna see Dow Finsterwald square off against Lon Hinkle.

• cajuncapgun likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#66 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 04:12 AM

What? How did you post this message if you were banned, or were you given a 'parting shot'?  You haven't posted anything here in a while that I've seen. :huh:

Some idiot on reddit has insisted I was banned from here just because I don't like the game.  Mike is a way better person that that.  The HB guys, not so much :)   I don't post here because I have no interest in this game.  Some people seem to think that means an attack on them.  I couldn't care less what games people like :)   Reality is we had a better golf game 20 years ago.  That's disgusting.   

#67 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:04 AM

Some idiot on reddit has insisted I was banned from here just because I don't like the game.  Mike is a way better person that that.  The HB guys, not so much :)  

So true - credit where it's due to Mike Jones on that for sure.

#68 SteadiEddie

SteadiEddie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCorowa,NSW, Australia

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:56 AM

No credit to you for all the players you scared off this site. Lately you have been nicer, too late tho, Ed

• clubcaptain likes this

#69 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:18 PM

No credit to you for all the players you scared off this site. Lately you have been nicer, too late tho, Ed

Buck scared people off this site? now how would you know that?  oh the power of money. 

• Buck likes this

#70 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 03:28 PM

@JCat04

Any update from the latest live stream?
(if you watched it I mean)

#71 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:05 PM

If we get to play as obscure tour pros, can't we at least pick guys from 40-50 years ago?

I really wanna see Dow Finsterwald square off against Lon Hinkle.

I certainly hope they're not planning on putting Carlos Ortiz, Collin Morikawa, and Matthew Fitzpatrick in the game as featured (appearing as avatars) pros.  They may be capable PGA TOUR golfers, but they don't don't register in the name recognition dept.  I suspect if they do have featured pros in the game, at least two or three of them will be recognizable.  

I don't think they've cultivated their PGA TOUR license enough yet to warrant the inclusion of classic golfers.  A match between Dow Finsterwald and Lon Hinkle would be worth watching.

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#72 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:07 PM

Some idiot on reddit has insisted I was banned from here just because I don't like the game.  Mike is a way better person that that.  The HB guys, not so much :)   I don't post here because I have no interest in this game.  Some people seem to think that means an attack on them.  I couldn't care less what games people like :)   Reality is we had a better golf game 20 years ago.  That's disgusting.   

Oh, I missed seeing that.  I'm always amazed at how people can get upset at someone for having a different subjective opinion than them, to the point that they try to attack their character!?

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#73 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:30 PM

@JCat04

Any update from the latest live stream?
(if you watched it I mean)

By the time I got connected to it, Carlos had Matthew Fitzpatrick down 4 holes.  Fitzpatrick was just awful at the game, and that was with Pro clubs!?  The match ended on 15.  GOLFTV's host of the "event", Henni Zuel, did mention that the new game was announced this week and she made a few comments that told us nothing more than we already know.  The pros didn't seem to know anything about it.  

I saw that deer in the headlights look from Fitzpatrick a couple of times as he couldn't reconcile the shot result with what his intuitive mind made of the swing feedback meter.  He didn't know how to correct the mistakes he was making and got worse as he progressed.  He didn't club up on the 175 yard par 3,13th and tried to hit a 173 yards of carry 6-iron into a 10 MPH headwind.  Naturally didn't come close to carrying the water.... it was watching stuff like that which told me hadn't played this game much.

They spent more time talking about unrelated topics, like cooking, dining, traveling, etc.  They bought in another hot chick to help Henni out with the commentary, Tisha Alyn.  That just brought in more distracting questions, but they occasionally each had some pretty keen observations about the two guy's play.  If I was on the fence about TGC 2019, or even now, PGA TOUR 2K21, I don't anything I saw yesterday would help me make a decision.  They need to get a couple of pros who have some concept about how to play this game.  I'm an average player, yet I would mop the course with any of the three I've seen play so far.

• Buck and Greensboronclion like this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#74 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:40 PM

They bought in another hot chick to help Henni out with the commentary, Tisha Alyn.  

Well now - maybe I do need to start watching these!   :)

Thx for the report

#75 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:24 PM

I have a feeling this thread's going to light up like Bill Walton at a Grateful Dead concert come Thursday  B)

• mcthommo likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#76 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:37 PM

I wonder if they will come in at a price that reflects reality this time, cos it aint no AAA game

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#77 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 01:36 AM

I wonder if they will come in at a price that reflects reality this time, cos it aint no AAA game

No way - not with adding 2k as the publisher

#78 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:39 PM

No way - not with adding 2k as the publisher

They came in at $49.99 two years ago with 2K as the publisher, which I'd call an AA price.  Granted, 2K hadn't been connected with them that long when it was released, but I think they'll have a hard time charging a AAA price for what looks like it's going to be a feature update game developed in Unity.  I think we'll see $49.99 again, but the majority will still see that as at least $10 too much.  I'm a golf game junkie so I know I won't be able to restrain myself from buying it  :wacko:

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#79 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:23 AM

Releases August 21st 

12 Pro's with JT as the cover athlete

Putt Preview, VisionControl and Distance Control should fulfill the arcade gimmick crowd also

p71fz4E.jpg

Xnu2kq0.jpg

33g1dEK.jpg

#80 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:05 AM

But hitting a 95% shot on purpose will still be impossible.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users