Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:10 AM

Anyone preorder it?

Standard or Deluxe?

I'll order it eventually, but there's no incentive to do it now that I can see.  I'll start out with the XBox One X version since most of my friends are on XBox One, but once the PC version is knocked down to $39.99, or less, I'll pick it up also.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#102 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:13 AM

Any word on how the designer will be different?

I'm not expecting it to be fully customizable, but I'd love it if you could at least apply some color shaders or something to the stock textures.

Nothing specific at all on the Designer, but we do know from the community manager that the TGC 2019 courses an individual makes can be imported to PGA TOUR 2K21 and modified and tweaked.  I have a hunch that they'll do a feature article or video on the 2K21 designer eventually.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#103 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:46 AM

#104 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 18 May 2020 - 12:09 PM

Just pre-ordered it (standard version). Here's hoping .. :rolleyes:

• RobV likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#105 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 12:12 PM

there's nothing in there that i want for 50 quid

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#106 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:11 PM

I'm interested to see what the new game is all about.  But my strong suspicion is that this is nothing more than a bunch of PGA licensed stuff layered on top of TGC 2019 with a splash of razzle/dazzle here and there.  

I'm not expecting to see any changes to the core gameplay.  Any changes that DO occur are likely to be focused on the more casual golfer.

I'm for sure purchasing the Switch version though.  I would've LOVED that when I was traveling a ton.  To be seen whether or not my heavy travel rotation ever returns fully but I'll still be doing a fair amount of travel so this will be a nice addition to my mobile gaming library!

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#107 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

I'm not expecting to see any changes to the core gameplay.  

I'm fully expecting at least one core gameplay change made, and that's to change the "Perfect/Slow" swing tempo to where it produces a 'weak fade' instead of a 'power fade'.  The criticism of that outcome has been unanimous among TGC 2019 players.  Realistically though, a "Perfect/Slow" tempo would make more intuitive sense if it resulted in a 'weak push' not a weak fade.  I don't see HB Studios coming off their stance on having tempo dictate the hook/slice, draw/fade result, as they contend that using the swing path to determine it is easier to negate with axis disabling controllers and API's.... (sigh)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#108 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:48 PM

there's nothing in there that i want for 50 quid

I'd expect to see it for 30 quid around January/February.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#109 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:38 AM

I am a video golf junkie and own TGC 2019 for both PC and Xbox One and will own both again with TGC 2K1. I buy what's out there and it's all that's out there and to be honest I enjoy playing the game and at least I am not getting kicked out all the time like PG lately. Steam seems to update more and more and PG seems to play worse for me by the day. Still love PG but sorry the game is not as stable as before and very frustrating.
  • scajjr29 likes this

#110 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:04 AM

I'm not expecting to see any changes to the core gameplay.  Any changes that DO occur are likely to be focused on the more casual golfer.

Fine by me as that is exactly what i am... casual golfer.    If I am not have FUN playing video games, then what is the point of playing 'em? 

• scajjr29 and Charles like this

#111 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:36 PM

I'm fully expecting at least one core gameplay change made, and that's to change the "Perfect/Slow" swing tempo to where it produces a 'weak fade' instead of a 'power fade'.  The criticism of that outcome has been unanimous among TGC 2019 players.  Realistically though, a "Perfect/Slow" tempo would make more intuitive sense if it resulted in a 'weak push' not a weak fade.  I don't see HB Studios coming off their stance on having tempo dictate the hook/slice, draw/fade result, as they contend that using the swing path to determine it is easier to negate with axis disabling controllers and API's.... (sigh)

Yea - if they made that change it would be helpful but I'm not holding my breath.

What I'd really like to see is a "sim mode" where even that perfect/perfect bands are variable.  Meaning unless you're dead center in each band you won't get a perfect result.  The deviation off of "perfect" doesn't have to be substantial at all - I'm just looking for slightly more nuance in the shot outcomes.

BUT... I truly believe that this release is 98.9% about layering licensed content on top of the existing game.  Further, I suspect that any changes to the core gameplay are to add new features that make it easier for the casual gamer to pick it up and have fun with it.

I can't argue with any of those changes from a business model standpoint.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#112 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:38 PM

I will be very surprised if any changes are made regarding the core mechanics of each shot type, this i think will just be a 2020 sprucing up.  £49.99 now confirmed for steam...wow!  For once i will have more sense than money.  I also feel that once the initial spate of purchases die down it will be on sale at half that, its still a niche game that will never trouble the steam sales charts and with that they will be forced to get it on sale to keep revenue coming in.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#113 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:57 PM

Fine by me as that is exactly what i am... casual golfer.    If I am not have FUN playing video games, then what is the point of playing 'em? 

Can't argue with that at all!  It's a game and it's supposed to be fun.  But "fun" is a very subjective adjective and that's where difficulty levels come into play.

Having said all that - the majority of folks buying this game definitely fit into the "casual golfer" bracket so I don't blame HB/2K one iota for catering to the masses.

• RobV likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#114 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:05 PM

Here's an interesting quote on the HB forums from a developer eluding to more difficult gameplay ;) :

"The guy who has literally posted 100s of posts about the game not being hard enough, while our metrics state that an overwhelming majority of players struggle with the Pro club set, was aptly nicknamed (in jest). Don't worry jeffield, I have a big bucket of grease to fix that squeaky wheel."

-MERACE

#115 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:00 AM

I'll be watching the development of this game for the next few months; there are two points I would like to see changed from my perspective to make this a more enjoyable game to me.

1) First and foremost I would like to see the short game revamped, or at least much improved upon. While I can get by with it the way it is, there just doesn't seem to be a smoothness or reliable method to playing short shots. This needs an overhaul and hopefully has been addressed.

2) Like many of you here have commented on, while the graphics aren't that bad, there is a sameness to every course or theme that is kind of bland. Textures that aren't new carpet perfection need to be added or changed, blending areas would be nice, and of course that bunker lip needs to be fixed (and may have been judging on some video and a few stills I've seen).

New golf games always catch my attention, so watching to see more details about 2k21 will be fun this summer. 

Ken

#116 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:34 PM

Here's an interesting quote on the HB forums from a developer eluding to more difficult gameplay ;) :

"The guy who has literally posted 100s of posts about the game not being hard enough, while our metrics state that an overwhelming majority of players struggle with the Pro club set, was aptly nicknamed (in jest). Don't worry jeffield, I have a big bucket of grease to fix that squeaky wheel."

-MERACE

I saw that.  Hopefully they've added difficulty levels of some sort!  I'm cautiously optimistic after that post.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#117 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:13 PM

I think "The Miz" paved the way for him and Justin Thomas to play a live match in the future with the video preview 2K ran today on You Tube.  No real gameplay discussed, but you do get some longer and better looks at the game's graphics upgrades, as minimal as they are:

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#118 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:16 PM

I saw that.  Hopefully they've added difficulty levels of some sort!  I'm cautiously optimistic after that post.

After shooting 91 and 82 in my last two competitive rounds, I think I need to back down from Master to Pro clubs... I certainly don't need any of what HB_Craig might have been talking about in that reply to Jeffield! :o  

• mebby likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#119 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:55 PM

After shooting 91 and 82 in my last two competitive rounds, I think I need to back down from Master to Pro clubs... I certainly don't need any of what HB_Craig might have been talking about in that reply to Jeffield! :o  

I'm not sure I'm seeking what Jeffield is seeking either.  I'd just like to see something more nuanced and closer to what JNPG has in terms of swing variability.

I might have to fire JNPG up soon and play a few rounds.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#120 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:25 PM

I'm paying attention to this, but don't have to much to add yet.

I'm really pretty skeptical that any of the swing is getting touched.

I think this is mostly a content pack that will bring the offering up to what probably should have been the 2019 release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users