613 replies to this topic

#81 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:12 PM

Say what you want, but at least it is a complete game... tweaks, updates and SUPPORT for the game will be ongoing.   Just like every single title known or developed, it will not be for everyone.  

I have been trying TGC2019 and my general consensus is this.. It is fun.. have to get used to ball swing and physics, sure.  Is it my favorite?  nope.. BUT plays well and all I have to do is separate my gameplay way of playing from Links and PG and learn a new game to enjoy it.   Could care less about how bunkers look, no clue about those saying it looks "cartoonish" or what have you..graphics are just fine.   There are far more features, immersion, and overall greater ambience than PG's less than half completed game.  As far as price goes, its right on the mark.   Heck, I paid 80 bucks for RDR2 and the community is STILL asking for more content and Rockstar is delivering.. well worth it!   

I will definitely be picking up 2k2021!  

• Charles and Golfdoer like this

#82 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:51 PM

I'm in when its in the Steam sales for a fiver in September 

• erwildcat likes this

#83 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:44 PM

https://pgatour.2k.com

Pre-orders are up

$60 gets you the standard game and a Pre-Order Bonus of:

2K/adidas CodeChaos MyPLAYER Pack:
Swing with swag! Deck out your PGA TOUR 2K21 MyPLAYER with a signal green and core black look featuring adidas CodeChaos BOA Golf Shoes, and custom 2K/adidas CodeChaos Polo, Pants and Hat, designed by adidas, exclusively for PGA TOUR 2K21.

For $70 you can go to "Digital Deluxe" and get all of the above and:

Bonus 2300 Currency

Golden Touch Pack:

Hit the golf course and swing with class using the Golden Touch Pack included in the Digital Deluxe Edition. This pack features a gold-plated putter and gold-plated 10.5 driver that will turn heads while you dominate the green.

#84 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:46 PM

Through everything so far - we have not a peep about the gameplay, the swing, the physics, the loft box, the shot outcomes that are curious in spots..

Lots to learn still (I would hope).

Why anyone would "pre-order" a digital version of something (where stock is not finite) is beyond me personally.

#85 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:00 PM

Through everything so far - we have not a peep about the gameplay, the swing, the physics, the loft box, the shot outcomes that are curious in spots..

Lots to learn still (I would hope).

Why anyone would "pre-order" a digital version of something (where stock is not finite) is beyond me personally.

I've never done it but I do know some people preordered MLB The Show because they were allowed to dl the game early and were ready to play as soon as the servers got turned on.The installation can take some precious time that could be spent playing.
Personally I always wait for a sale.

• Buck likes this

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#86 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:11 PM

Personally I always wait for a sale.

Particularly a smart move with the TGC golf series since they have a long history of going on pretty massive sales in the months post launch also.

It's still HB & 2K publishing again - There will be another fire sale on this, as before, somewhere in the months post launch.

They should be offering pre-order discounts and/or an upgrade from 2019 discount if you ask me.

• tanman05851 likes this

#87 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:21 PM

They should be offering pre-order discounts and/or an upgrade from 2019 discount if you ask me.

That is a thing of the past... no publisher for any video game title does that anymore.   The only thing you may get is early access to play, that's it. 

#88 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:27 PM

That is a thing of the past... no publisher for any video game title does that anymore.   The only thing you may get is early access to play, that's it.

A gold driver & putter and some extra virtual currency for ten MORE dollars is frankly pretty "meh".
How about throwing in all of that for the normal pre-order price?

#89 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:01 PM

https://www.polygon....a-cover-athlete

In addition to Thomas, PGA Tour 2K21 will feature 11 real-life professional golfers.
There aren’t yet any details on who those other athletes are, but 2K said that players will compete against them in the career mode;

the pros won’t be playable themselves.

That sort of sucks

#90 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:17 PM

But hitting a 95% shot on purpose will still be impossible.

Game pads will never allow anything that precise can't do it in this game either.  Everyone has different levels of wear on the thumbsticks etc.  

• Joe Habiger likes this

#91 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:20 PM

Game pads will never allow anything that precise can't do it in this game either.  Everyone has different levels of wear on the thumbsticks etc.  

Slight disagree on this...

Every single night when playing I'm modulating power on a lot of shots, just with the stick.

Precisely hitting something like "95%" is obviously somewhat impossible to know about either way, but there definitely is a fidelity with RTS-C that is super great to use.

2K should steal some of the controller swing ideology from PG honestly.

#92 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:58 PM

Slight disagree on this...

Every single night when playing I'm modulating power on a lot of shots, just with the stick.

Precisely hitting something like "95%" is obviously somewhat impossible to know about either way, but there definitely is a fidelity with RTS-C that is super great to use.

2K should steal some of the controller swing ideology from PG honestly.

Yeah with TGC you get caught between two stools often and you have no way of manufacturing the shot, you just have to accept being short or long.  With PG i can take up to 20% approx off a 3W for example.  When you apply this to all clubs in the bag you cover all bases, not so with TGC.  100% hits have been the defining factor of TGC since the first title and nothing has changed since, that's a bit lazy by the development team as they should know that it is not ideal.  Like others here i will wait for a sale providing  its much improved over 2019.  Watching the preview trailer i was turned off straight away by the overlay of rap music to golf action, that's like playing death metal to a tortoise eating lettuce...there goes the first strike.

• Buck likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#93 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:57 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=Jy-nB_ref64

Everyone will like this comment at the 2:40 mark.

#94 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:14 AM

I think it looks quite nice so far, yep it's probably not ground breaking but who the ***** does that anyways when they already have something to work off. The bunkers look better because the lip is not so wide, and it has 3d grass now. I love PG but it's fruitin dead in terms of development. I think the gameplay is pretty good in TGC2019 but yes I like PG more because I have much more feel with a mouse and not a piece of crap analog controller you really can't have feel with. I don't mind playing with a controller but I do know that every golf game I have played with it even PG it's hard to have good feel with it WITH LESS than a full shot mind you. I find with chipping, pitching and putting I have much better feel than with using a Tee or Approach shot. You have to remember, this game while on the PC was designed for consoles really in mind which means controller based mainly and not truly realistic because console gamers just want to have fun and some instant success. 

If I was to design a game now it would be PC based yes but if you want real money you need to port it to both Xbox, Playstation or maybe all three consoles. It's hard to have a realistic experience on a console with golf but it can be done. Unfortunately golf games are usually targets for easy to use success for a couple hours of fun. You have to take it that way to!

TGC has some great things to take from it like career mode, societies and such so I am looking forward to it but I'd hate to give up this game but we'll see how this turns out and if it's for me. As much as I LOVED to design and with so many damn projects you would think I would have more courses out but the truth is I've done this shit for so long maybe I should focus on playing because who really designs a fictional course these days?? Were all just making it so fricken easy on ourselves with Lidar. I still think there needs to be some kind of fictional design competition between all us designers. You can use a piece of Lidar if you want but no real course layout but it would be better if it was sculpted from scratch. I think one or two premade plots is no competition because your still using the same piece of land and that's no fun. :(

• JCat04 likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#95 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:56 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=Jy-nB_ref64

Everyone will like this comment at the 2:40 mark.

Count me among everyone; it was a relief to hear that buying attributes or better equipment wasn't necessary to give your player the best chance to win.  I suspected that would be the case, but I wasn't sure now that 2K is more heavily involved in the game.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#96 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:39 AM

Any word on how the designer will be different?

I'm not expecting it to be fully customizable, but I'd love it if you could at least apply some color shaders or something to the stock textures.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#97 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:05 PM

Pre ordered it yesterday. Why not, I think I've owned every PC golf game ever made since the early 1990's anyway. They have all had something weird, odd, counter intuitive, unrealistic or just plain wrong. It's a computer game and unlike racing or flight sims which can use fairly realistic controls (wheels, pedals, yokes, etc.) we get gamepads and mice. It can be done (PGA 2000, CPG/WGC2011) just doesn't seem like any company has wanted to put in the time to do it since.

I just like playing golf (real and computer/console) so if a game gives a reasonable representation of the real game I can adapt to the quirks and limitations. They are just games after all.

sam

• RobV and Golfdoer like this

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#98 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:04 PM

Pre ordered it yesterday. Why not, I think I've owned every PC golf game ever made since the early 1990's anyway. They have all had something weird, odd, counter intuitive, unrealistic or just plain wrong. It's a computer game and unlike racing or flight sims which can use fairly realistic controls (wheels, pedals, yokes, etc.) we get gamepads and mice. It can be done (PGA 2000, CPG/WGC2011) just doesn't seem like any company has wanted to put in the time to do it since.

I just like playing golf (real and computer/console) so if a game gives a reasonable representation of the real game I can adapt to the quirks and limitations. They are just games after all.

sam

^^This!   100% agree with all of this.. only difference is I have been a Linkster for the most part and owned every single title know...  Not a big fan of all the mobile golf apps that are out there.. can't stand playing on my phone, so it is either PC (preferable) or Xbox, which is fine as well.   Bottom line is, I had the original TGC and it was well, ok... problem was, could not convince my friends and family to purchase it, so got boring playing alone.. but given that this title is the only golf game being developed at this time, hopefully they will have a change of heart.   

#99 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:36 PM

what about WGT golf.  its in early access and free to play?

#100 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:13 AM

Anyone preorder it?

Standard or Deluxe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users