• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:36 PM

The "PC Online Game Code" option is redeemable on Steam

$29.99 on there for that right now

Hnp7ut0.png

Thanks but the ad indicates that the offer is only available in the U.S.  I live in Canada.

• Buck likes this

RTSM - Pro

#582 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:04 PM

Thanks but the ad indicates that the offer is only available in the U.S.  I live in Canada.

Ahh - gotcha - sorry, I didn't realize where you are at

#583 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:57 PM

25 quid in uk

• Buck likes this

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#584 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:05 AM

I love this game! sorta..

#585 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 26 November 2020 - 05:43 AM

Went on sale at Steam for $40 CAD so I picked it up.  Graphically the biggest improvement is that there is 3D grass.  The game is not worth $80 CAD and is more like an update.  Still no pot bunkers, or gimmes (I think) and the UI is basically unchanged.  I jumped right in at Masters level which was what I was playing at in TGC and took me a round to get back in to it.  Also not using the power bar or green grid.  I disabled the gallery and the commentary.  Have yet to see a gallery that looks decent and the commentary gets old very quickly.

I have the most fun earning money to buy clothes and equipment.  After two rounds I had enough to buy new clothes and a Taylor Made driver.  Oddly enough the Taylor Made had less carry distance than the default HB  driver.  I enjoy the putting which is quite a challenge, even more so as there seems to be only one view in this game whereas in TGC you could hit the V key to get additional views.

Anyway,  will start playing with my friends who moved over to 2K21 sometime ago shortly.  I'll still probably play in the weekly tournament over at PGLS depending on what the course is.

• Greensboronclion likes this

RTSM - Pro

#586 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:45 AM

£31.99 for the Xbox on Amazon so I treated myself as it’s my birthday tomorrow 🎂

#587 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 November 2020 - 03:52 PM

The "PC Online Game Code" option is redeemable on Steam

$29.99 on there for that right now

Thanks for the heads up! That'll save me $30 bucks...($35 off the "Deluxe" edition)  :D

(for you guys wondering, yes it is on sale, direct through Steam, now)

https://store.steamp.../PGA_TOUR_2K21/

• Buck likes this

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#588 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:31 PM

Glad you guys are scoring...

That said, don't worry if you miss it.  It will not be the last sale on this title.

#589 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 November 2020 - 05:23 PM

PG should follow suit and offer up their abandoned game for a lower price as well.😂

#590 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 November 2020 - 05:28 PM

£31.99 for the Xbox on Amazon so I treated myself as it’s my birthday tomorrow 🎂

Happy birthday

#591 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:10 AM

PG should follow suit and offer up their abandoned game for a lower price as well.

yeah... like free!   with an average of 30 players playing, I am pretty sure this game will be dead in the next few months to come.    

https://steamcharts.com/app/288140

#592 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:56 AM

yeah... like free!   with an average of 30 players playing, I am pretty sure this game will be dead in the next few months to come.    

As long as it simply continues to function as is, which all signs point to, it will be just great for those of us who still enjoy it daily.
  • JoeF, Mulligan and SReesor like this

#593 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:23 AM

Not trying to sway people one way or the other but people who own the game on console and PC will tell you the PC version plays much better than console. I play the PC side and at TGCC compete against the console players in tournaments. Also tons of people on the PC side in Society play. Just my 2 cents and 29.99 on steam right now.
  • Tigers Agent and RobV like this

#594 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:15 AM

For computer games, it's a tough genre to make money apparently...lol

Interesting link...I checked out 2k21 just out of curiosity, and appears the "enthusiasm" has dropped considerably. 

https://steamcharts.com/app/1016120

• Buck likes this

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#595 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:51 PM

such a contrast from one to the other.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#596 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:58 PM

such a contrast from one to the other.

Yeah, tough business! Even the TGC2019 has dwindled to less than 150 (average).

https://steamcharts.com/app/695290

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#597 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:06 PM

Went on sale at Steam for $40 CAD so I picked it up.  Graphically the biggest improvement is that there is 3D grass.  The game is not worth $80 CAD and is more like an update.  Still no pot bunkers, or gimmes (I think) and the UI is basically unchanged.  I jumped right in at Masters level which was what I was playing at in TGC and took me a round to get back in to it.  Also not using the power bar or green grid.  I disabled the gallery and the commentary.  Have yet to see a gallery that looks decent and the commentary gets old very quickly.

I have the most fun earning money to buy clothes and equipment.  After two rounds I had enough to buy new clothes and a Taylor Made driver.  Oddly enough the Taylor Made had less carry distance than the default HB  driver.  I enjoy the putting which is quite a challenge, even more so as there seems to be only one view in this game whereas in TGC you could hit the V key to get additional views.

Anyway,  will start playing with my friends who moved over to 2K21 sometime ago shortly.  I'll still probably play in the weekly tournament over at PGLS depending on what the course is.

With 2k21 going on sale for black Friday I went ahead and picked up a copy beings a lot of my friends have it. I believe only but one of my friends still play PG. Anyhow I fired it up today for the first time to play a round with them. When you get on the greens instead of using the V key try using the tab or I believe alt also will work to get the other views. The biggest difference I noticed was the 3-D grass looks much better in this version. Also the textures are a little bit nicer. So I'll probably play this for a couple weeks till I get bored.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#598 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 02 December 2020 - 04:10 AM

Thanks for the tip Justin, you are absolutely correct, the Tab key provides additional views for putting.  At Masters level for 2K21 compared to Pro level for PG I find it easier to hit the ball straight.  The short game is still kind of weird and you can do things like hit splash shots from lies outside of bunkers.  They should  limit pitches to 70 yards.  In real golf you can't pitch it 120 yards, or you would see the Pro's pitching it on the 17th at Sawgrass and the 12th at Augusta.

I like the putting in this game as it is all feel.  It takes some getting used to how the putter blade seems to keep going back even after you stop your backswing.

Two of my friends have joined the Sim Tour where all aids are turned off and you play at Legend level.  The top players are all  PS4 so it must be easier than the mouse.  

I think it is an improvement over TGC 2019 but I have about a dozen suggestions for the next version which I hope to post at the 2K21 forum if and when they approve registration request.

• Justin9926 likes this

RTSM - Pro

#599 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:01 PM

Having defended PG over PGA 2K21, after playing and designing on PGA 2K21 a lot, I can honestly say that I was mistaken.

I play on the ‘Master’ setting. Not only does this provide a proper challenge, it offers something that PG never did. You can actually hit duffed and mistimed shots, which brings many course elements into play that PG doesn’t. A bad shot in PG only gives extreme hook or slice, in PGA 2K21 you also loose a lot of distance, much as you would hitting a bad shot in real golf.

I agreed with many people that the ‘pitch’ option was devoid of feel and almost impossible to judge distance. Again I was wrong.

I eventually worked out a system to make distance control far more accurate and rewarding. Instead of watching the clubhead I now concentrate on the avatar’s hands. This system is made easier if you clothe your player in a shirt with horizontal stripes. You can then make your downswing when the player’s hands reach a certain stripe on his shirt. It takes time to perfect this method but it’s changed the short game element for me. Adding or reducing loft, much as you would do in real golf, adds fine tuning to the pitch.

Course designing, whilst not perfect, is something I really enjoy on PGA 2K21 and some lovely looking and varied courses are possible.

I use the ‘2 water plane’ method, to avoid the ugly dried/worn bank effect that using the standard 1 water plane gives you.

• RobV and Greensboronclion like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#600 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 July 2021 - 11:21 PM

Console disc versions are only $20 right now

https://www.gamestop...1/11102487.html