#1 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 16 March 2021 - 06:42 PM

Well it looks like 2K just inked Tiger to deal and also is buying HB Studio's.  Like the game or not its sold a lot of copies and with the every two year philosophy of delivering a new game it is our best Video Golf hope.  Cheers.

https://na01.safelin...jr0=&reserved=0

• Tigers Agent, Charles and KennethPrala like this

#2 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:24 PM

Why not. I will be glad to see something that finally makes me loose interest in Unity 5...

#3 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 08:24 PM

I would have thought it was April 1st

#4 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 16 March 2021 - 08:52 PM

I didn't know Tiger needed the money because 2K21 is just an awful game.  PG even in it's current state and even TW 08 are more realistic games than 2K21.  Having Justin Thomas as a name on 2K21 adds absolutely zero to the game.  

2K and HB Studios want their product to appeal to video gamers and could care less whether it is a computer simulation of golf.  I get it as it is all about making money and the fact is that my criteria for a golf game is in the minority.  

I doubt that Tiger will even have any input in to game content.  I paid $40 CAD for 2K21 and regret that I didn't wait until it was discounted even more.  The only feature it has over PG is avatar creation.   

• JoeF, ✠ davef ✠, Buck and 1 other like this

RTSM - Pro

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:21 PM

I do wonder what this will mean for the course creator.

The more "PGA" and "real Pros" that get involved with that game, the more the pressure will be there to fully police the third party courses and crack down on anything remotely resembling unlicensed course creations.

This is one big big way the "server" having the all the files can be a huge detriment.

#6 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:48 PM

I play the game all the time now and its not perfect but its not as bad as some think.  Sales world wide are thru the roof and I played one event this weekend where I finished like 575 and over 1500 players were entered.  Hell in the TGCC Beer League the cut usually falls around 140.  Make no mistake Tiger Woods will bring even more to the game and with 2K buying HB Studios the game will only get better.  If PG had atmosphere and custom ability it would be killer but it doesn't and I like that I can play name brand clubs and outfits and for there to be actual fans and commentary.  In other words I don't  feel like I am playing alone like I was at PG.  Now PG is a great game that lacks atmosphere and will never see another update just like Links and thats a shame but unfortunately a reality.

• Charles likes this

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:56 PM

We're just missing MERACE

Pumped?

Any mixed reactions in TGC land, particularly from some of the originalists?

(course creators that don't even play the golf part - amazingly)

#8 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 03:16 AM

The game sucks the ball physics are garbage. Hitting a partial 65% to 90% relies on a loft mechanic which is bullshit dial a distance golf. It may apeal to certain people thats fine ,unless they alter the swing mechanic and make the games pyhics more like real golf i might be intrested.

• ✠ davef ✠ and Buck like this

#9 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:00 AM

i would not even play it if it were free, TGC 2019 was bad enough

to keep me away from the new 2k21 crap as i just read to many post that said it was just a update of TGC 2019.

i will keep on playing PG and when it falls out the bottom i will either go to links or TW 08 as i have then both on my data drive

waiting in case i need a GOOD golf game.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#10 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:12 AM

Well it looks like 2K just inked Tiger to deal and also is buying HB Studio's.  Like the game or not its sold a lot of copies and with the every two year philosophy of delivering a new game it is our best Video Golf hope.  Cheers.

I like the game. I play the game without reservation. I play master level. no need to worry about using dots.

don't need Tiger Woods name.. drive for show? maybe. drive to the show? good luck. :P

• Buck likes this

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:27 AM

don't need Tiger Woods name.. drive for show? maybe. drive to the show? good luck. :P

Ouch.... lol

Good one

• Tigers Agent likes this

#12 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:28 AM

The game sucks the ball physics are garbage. Hitting a partial 65% to 90% relies on a loft mechanic which is bullshit dial a distance golf.

I agree on both counts.
It's interesting that more people don't comment to that effect

#13 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:12 AM

The game sucks the ball physics are garbage. Hitting a partial 65% to 90% relies on a loft mechanic which is bullshit dial a distance golf. It may apeal to certain people thats fine ,unless they alter the swing mechanic and make the games pyhics more like real golf i might be intrested.

First off if you play the game with a meter yes it sucks as its dial a distance but if you play it like its meant with no meter and aids off its a decent version of golf.  You have a right to be critical but you apparently only play it one way and if you played it like most at Pro or Master clubs its quite different.  I find most people who prefer 3C hate it but its meant to be played with a controller and PG is the last golf game to ever have 3C again as the masses don't play that way.  Also being able to compete against players on all the platforms together is a plus as in most tours I play on PC against players on Xbox PS.  One last note total sales of PGA 2K21 are now over 2 million copies according to reports hence Tiger Woods is now involved because of the sales.  Thats a lot of sales at mostly 60 bucks each.

• RobV and Charles like this

#14 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:17 AM

I agree on both counts.
It's interesting that more people don't comment to that effect

False as it takes a lot of practice but I now hit lots of partial shots and its all timing.  For somebody just beginning yes its very hard to hit a 60 percent wege but it can be done and I do it all the time and don't use  the meter when playing.

• Charles likes this

#15 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:35 AM

PG is the last golf game to ever have 3C again as the masses don't play that way.  

We have to save this for future reference...

With a bigger and broader appeal that 2k is no doubt going for, careful ruling this one out.

#16 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:50 AM

We have to save this for future reference...

With a bigger and broader appeal that 2k is no doubt going for, careful ruling this one out.

The reason 3C is dead is games are no longer made for PC in general for golf and other sports games and even one that is the players now want controller not mouse.    With 2K21 its big crowd is the consoles then PC and they port the console version to Pc and just like Madden and 2K hoops it doesn't include a mouse.  When you got 2 million sold mostly all using a controller thats what the masses want.  Sorry to say this but I bet your hard pressed to find a thousand people still playing PG and Links 2003 combined on a daily basis.  It about numbers and the numbers don't lie.

#17 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:53 AM

The reason 3C is dead is games are no longer made for PC in general for golf and other sports games and even one that is the players now want controller not mouse.

You can click with a controller button.

Worked great in Rory (console only, no mouse)

Why be so against more ways to play?

Harms nobody

• Tigers Agent likes this

#18 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:04 AM

You can click with a controller button.

Worked great in Rory (console only, no mouse)

Why be so against more ways to play?

Harms nobody

You can but they have no interest in that IMHO as the new gaming world and swings are with a controller.  IMO if Mike and Andrew had it to do over again they would not had a 3C option in PG.  Lets face it the 3C game is hard to compete against do to how good some of the older players are and that drove away the RTS crowd.  There is no way a company like 2K who has specialized in console gaming will ever go backwards and going back to a 3C option is going backwards.  By the way Rory did have it but hardly anybody used it.

#19 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:21 AM

You can but they have no interest in that IMHO as the new gaming world and swings are with a controller.

Ok (opinion - fine)

IMO if Mike and Andrew had it to do over again they would not had a 3C option in PG.

Ok (but, it's more opinion based upon no facts that I'm aware of)

There is no way a company like 2K who has specialized in console gaming will ever go backwards and going back to a 3C option is going backwards.

Opinion, round three.

Nothing about adding in additional ways to play is "directional".
It's simply adding accessibility which in turn makes their title more appealing to more people

Lets face it the 3C game is hard to compete against do to how good some of the older players are and that drove away the RTS crowd.

Wait a minute - You just said it's the "past" and the "new gaming world uses a controller" and there's "no way 2k would have interest in adding it...".
Now you're arguing to exclude 3C because it's too hard to compete against?

By the way Rory did have it but hardly anybody used it.

What data do you have that supports that statement?

#20 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:24 AM

Greens - look - you don't like 3C

I get it. I don't use it myself for that matter.

But you aren't making any compelling arguments for why it shouldn't be considered as an additional input method to include in a future version.

It'd be simpler if you'd just say "I don't like 3C and hope they never add it", end of story - lol
  • maxie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users