Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:49 AM

Greens - look - you don't like 3C

I get it. I don't use it myself for that matter.

But you aren't making any compelling arguments for why it shouldn't be considered as an additional input method to include in a future version.

It'd be simpler if you'd just say "I don't like 3C and hope they never add it", end of story - lol

Buck I do like 3C as I find it relaxing for a kick back game of video golf and played it for over 20 years.  You missing my main point and that is the driver for next gen golf and all sports games is the CONSOLE and they come with a controller not a mouse.  Also they 2K are smart and are targeting younger players and the young guy wants a controller.  I have nothing against 3C and dig into my old posts when I was still playing 3C I said then that this was probably the last game to have it.  The fact is that 2K is a console company that just happens to also throw the port to PC not vice vers.a

#22 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:52 AM

Whats really sad is you and I are the only two people here debating this as it shows how dead this forum has become.

• Buck likes this

#23 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 07:01 AM

One last note and its on the mouse.  Why do I even need one anymore other than to click on Steam and hit the Big Picture mode and on my laptop I can do that with built in mouse.  I got a Logitech G602 gaming mouse that sits there as every game I play is controller driven and the last game I purchased that was mouse based was PG.  Todays games all use controller or a wheel for racing and I might as well have a cheap 10 dollar mouse.   

#24 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 07:04 AM

Buck I do like 3C as I find it relaxing for a kick back game of video golf and played it for over 20 years.  You missing my main point and that is the driver for next gen golf and all sports games is the CONSOLE and they come with a controller not a mouse.  Also they 2K are smart and are targeting younger players and the young guy wants a controller.  I have nothing against 3C and dig into my old posts when I was still playing 3C I said then that this was probably the last game to have it.  The fact is that 2K is a console company that just happens to also throw the port to PC not vice vers.a

?

Console only has nothing to do with it - We just covered that with Rory.

Anyways, we are going in circles.

I have no interest in playing 3C myself, but I think they should consider adding it if it's not an undue burden.

More ways to play are always welcome to me.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#25 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 07:12 AM

?

Console only has nothing to do with it - We just covered that with Rory.

Anyways, we are going in circles.

I have no interest in playing 3C myself, but I think they should consider adding it if it's not an undue burden.

More ways to play are always welcome to me.

If they could add it it wouldn't kill it for me and if they did I would hope it was on the controller as there are way to many ways to manipulate a mouse.  If I had to bet the farm tho I would bet its not going to be added.

#26 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 09:34 AM

I am wondering if 2K will employ a new engine for the next version. Any idea what they use for their other sports games, or do they vary?
Ken

#27 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 March 2021 - 02:21 PM

I could see 2K using three click with a controller. NBA2K allows you to shoot with either a thumb stick or buttons.

#28 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:15 PM

Why all the 3 click bashing i play PG with motionswing no need for the 3 click bashing , saying it can be manulipated is old news as all swing methods can. I seen a video on youtube a guy using mouse on PGA2K21 all he had to do was move mouse to the edge of his monitor swing was 100 % straight  yes he still has tempo to deal with but seriously?????  AND no online lobby pathetic match making

• Pappy and Buck like this

#29 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:49 PM

I just want a golf game going forward and thats all as EA is out of the game and so is PP.  Lets all hope the new offering from 2K is a success so we have something moving forward.  As for 2K what they have done so far with their old football game in early reveals for their new game is wild and it gives me great hope when combined with HB Studio that they can do something moving forward.  PG could have been that but PP was a small developer and didn't have the resources that a 2K has.

#30 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 02:19 AM

As for 2K

....it gives me great hope when combined with HB Studio that they can do something moving forward.  

I'd be way way way more excited if they'd announced an all new direction and fresh start for next gen consoles.

I'm happy they at least bought HB, as it might bring hope that they can torpedo all the old baggage and silly ideology and finally, truly, start fresh.

#31 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 03:18 PM

I'd be way way way more excited if they'd announced an all new direction and fresh start for next gen consoles.

I'm happy they at least bought HB, as it might bring hope that they can torpedo all the old baggage and silly ideology and finally, truly, start fresh.

Who are you kidding... even if they started fresh, you still wouldn't like it... 

#32 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 09:03 PM

Who are you kidding... even if they started fresh, you still wouldn't like it... 

That's not true at all.

I have liked many 2k efforts in the past.

To this day I play Top Spin 4 and NHL 2k10

#33 Kelson64

Kelson64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:36 PM

I started playing "Legend" difficulty a couple of days ago. I usually shoot around +10 on this difficulty setting. I just shot an even par. Got my first two eagles ever (including a hole-out from 161 yards out).

The game isn't perfect, but what game is. I think the game's strength is that you can make the game practically as difficult or as easy as you want. 

• Greensboronclion and Tentpole like this

#34 Kelson64

Kelson64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:42 PM

I do wonder what this will mean for the course creator.

The more "PGA" and "real Pros" that get involved with that game, the more the pressure will be there to fully police the third party courses and crack down on anything remotely resembling unlicensed course creations.

This is one big big way the "server" having the all the files can be a huge detriment.

Right now, 2K is hiding all renditions of Augusta National from the game (I don't think they can actually remove courses for some reason). I also believe they are hiding Pebble Beach and St. Andrews. I run one of the PGA2K21 subreddits, and have spoken to 2K about this, and they did confirm that they can't allow Augusta National (even user-created versions) in the game because of licensing reasons. Other than that (and Pebble Beach and St. Andrews), I have not heard any grumblings about the many, many Real Course Creations in the game.

#35 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 01:00 AM

Right now, 2K is hiding all renditions of Augusta National from the game (I don't think they can actually remove courses for some reason). I also believe they are hiding Pebble Beach and St. Andrews. I run one of the PGA2K21 subreddits, and have spoken to 2K about this, and they did confirm that they can't allow Augusta National (even user-created versions) in the game because of licensing reasons. Other than that (and Pebble Beach and St. Andrews), I have not heard any grumblings about the many, many Real Course Creations in the game.

I can play all three of those courses on 2K21. They are just listed under different names. But the alternative name for Augusta no longer shows. But I saved it as one of my favorites. That way I can go to my favorites list and bring it up yet to play. The other two Pebble Beach, St. Andrews still work with their alternative names.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#36 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 03:42 PM

That's not true at all.

I have liked many 2k efforts in the past.

To this day I play Top Spin 4 and NHL 2k10

Uh, we're talking golf.. not other sports games.  

#37 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 09:22 PM

Uh, we're talking golf.. not other sports games.  

Zeroing in on just golf...

If any developer (even HB) starts fresh on a golf effort, I'll be very interested in checking it out.

#38 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:15 PM

A game is what you make it and on a scale of 1 to 5 what is a 5 for me might be a 1 for someone else and vice versa.  I like both PGA Tour 2K and PG but I play 2K because of it custom features and all it offers and stopped playing PG because it didn't have that.  I like that I can use aa Titleist Driver that hits it long but with less control or a Calloway thats not as long but more forgiving. Its called customizable  and PG doesn't have that and thats the rub.  Also its 2021 and you damn well better have a career mode or you are done right out of tge box.  All games are what you make them and yes 2K could improve but it doesn't have to be a whole rework but continued fine tuning.  Oh and yes the game gets patch where PG has had one in years.

#39 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 11:04 PM

A game is what you make it and on a scale of 1 to 5 what is a 5 for me might be a 1 for someone else and vice versa.  I like both PGA Tour 2K and PG but I play 2K because of it custom features and all it offers and stopped playing PG because it didn't have that.  I like that I can use aa Titleist Driver that hits it long but with less control or a Calloway thats not as long but more forgiving. Its called customizable  and PG doesn't have that and thats the rub.  Also its 2021 and you damn well better have a career mode or you are done right out of tge box.  All games are what you make them and yes 2K could improve but it doesn't have to be a whole rework but continued fine tuning.  Oh and yes the game gets patch where PG has had one in years.

Im glad your enjoying the game , most here are happy with PG not because of its customization bells and whistles but most because of the physics. Sure it could have been better but we all know this is it as far as it goes . So we will continue playing untill we are unable to .

• Buck and Greensboronclion like this

#40 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 01:12 AM

Im glad your enjoying the game , most here are happy with PG not because of its customization bells and whistles but most because of the physics. Sure it could have been better but we all know this is it as far as it goes . So we will continue playing untill we are unable to .

Maxie if they wouldhave had a gokfer that could be customized and different clubs and a real career mode PG would have been the greatest golf game ever made and it would have been killer.  PP did as well as they could with what money they had and I would bet my bottom dollar they poured in more than they hot back but small developers struggle anymore.  I still play PG with yes 3C offline as some of their courses just are to good to play but I lost interest in tournaments and prefer the many society options that 2K provides and always play a career round after my society round.  At least PG is still live and I hope it stays that way but maybe someday someone big will latch on and revive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users