146 replies to this topic

#41 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 02:49 AM

most here are happy with PG not because of its customization bells and whistles but most because of the physics. 

This - absolutely this ^^

#42 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 21 March 2021 - 07:07 AM

This - absolutely this ^^

Nobody has ever questioned that and the strength of the game is multi player which you play a lot but multi player is not as strong as it once was.  If all I was playing was head to head I would play a lot of PG but thats not the case with most anymore.

#43 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 March 2021 - 07:37 AM

Nobody has ever questioned that and the strength of the game is multi player which you play a lot but multi player is not as strong as it once was. If all I was playing was head to head I would play a lot of PG but thats not the case with most anymore.

IMO,multi player was never a strength of this game because people didn’t let it.I could be wrong here but it’s just my opinion that when this game came out a lot of people here and there are plenty of threads ive read that said this in it was the majority of the people here only played with people that they new and didn’t play with people they didn’t.I used to come on here a lot looking for a game and I’ve sit in the lobby and not a game pops up,if it did it was locked for the reasons I’ve posted.so I more less just stopped and just played solo.I think the biggest blunder that hurt this game was there was no advertisement at all for this game.at the very least,the golf channel could’ve had said something about the game when they was using it to show the layout of the holes on tv.”this brought to you by perfect parallel,the makers of jk perfect golf,get it on steam today!!!!” Know telling what could’ve been.this is just my observation from my end.
  • Greensboronclion likes this

#44 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 07:08 PM

IMO,multi player was never a strength of this game because people didn’t let it.I could be wrong here but it’s just my opinion that when this game came out a lot of people here and there are plenty of threads ive read that said this in it was the majority of the people here only played with people that they new and didn’t play with people they didn’t.I used to come on here a lot looking for a game and I’ve sit in the lobby and not a game pops up,if it did it was locked for the reasons I’ve posted.so I more less just stopped and just played solo.I think the biggest blunder that hurt this game was there was no advertisement at all for this game.at the very least,the golf channel could’ve had said something about the game when they was using it to show the layout of the holes on tv.”this brought to you by perfect parallel,the makers of jk perfect golf,get it on steam today!!!!” Know telling what could’ve been.this is just my observation from my end.

Pretty much agree that the game was never promoted properly and to the masses but I still believe most of that was a cash flow issue which is something 2K doesn't have. My biggest gripe with multi-player was the time it took as I play fast in both video and real life golf and nothing worse than slow play.  Played one time and opponent took what seemed like eternity to hit the ball and just not my cup of tea.  

• fungolfer and Armand like this

#45 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 22 March 2021 - 01:37 AM

Not sure how anyone can say 3C is dead.  Looking at this weeks PGLS Open there are 79 players listed.  66 of those players use 3C and 12 use the mouse.  

• Buck likes this

#46 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 23 March 2021 - 05:13 AM

Whats really sad is you and I are the only two people here debating this as it shows how dead this forum has become.

I'm watching!!

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#47 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 06:40 AM

Not sure how anyone can say 3C is dead.  Looking at this weeks PGLS Open there are 79 players listed.  66 of those players use 3C and 12 use the mouse.  

There are a bunch of tours at TGCC and you can only play in one so you don't see players playing multiple tours.  In the Beer leage which is the only one that uses Pro level we have over 300 players each week and we have cut after 2 rounds.  In the Official PGA 2K tour in last weeks four round event I finished in 576th place and over 1500 were entered.  Almost all were using a controller asther is no 3C so the fact is thats where the masses have gone and when you sell 2 million plus copies you cater to that group.  Its business nothing more.

#48 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:16 PM

The 3 click in PG is terrible anyway... probably one of the worst in any golf game ever made.  The design of it, slow movement and practically has the same tempo and up and down swing.   Links and TW08 were absolutely two of he best... heck, even though not a good golf game, John Daley's 3 click was better than PG!  

#49 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:24 PM

The 3 click in PG is terrible anyway... probably one of the worst in any golf game ever made. The design of it, slow movement and practically has the same tempo and up and down swing. Links and TW08 were absolutely two of he best... heck, even though not a good golf game, John Daley's 3 click was better than PG!

The best I’ve played was a game called golfstar,I think few here played it and one of the top guys that played TWO played it and he told me that even though he really didn’t like the game he did like the swing mechanic of it.to this day imo,it had more things/ways to influence the ball as I ve seen in a game.
  • RobV likes this

#50 Niblick47

Niblick47

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:43 PM

If TGC had more than one swing type I would definitely buy it. The ball physics look ok, the courses look good, and I like that there are tons of courses and designers. I have TGC 2 and I hate the swing. I use a mouse and the game was made for controllers. I'm not getting one, so the game is a non-starter for me. I've only been playing PP for a little over a year but I can't  imagine any more realistic ball physics and the graphics are first rate. Even though there are few new courses coming out there are plenty to keep me interested for a long time.

I played Links for many years, all 3 swing types. I haven't played click much on PP but I don't really see much difference between it and what I remember from Links. I don't see any slow movement, maybe others have found a way to slow it down.

#51 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 02:22 AM

The 3 click in PG is terrible anyway... probably one of the worst in any golf game ever made.  The design of it, slow movement and practically has the same tempo and up and down swing.   Links and TW08 were absolutely two of he best... heck, even though not a good golf game, John Daley's 3 click was better than PG!  

Totally agree and having played Links for countless years its not even close. 

• RobV likes this

#52 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 02:42 AM

I play PGA Tour 2K21 with a mouse with no problems. Is it as easy as a controller? With my situation I couldn't tell you because I can't use a controller. But I don't see any bickering and arguing over it over in the forums unless I missed it somewhere. Anyhow if Mike or Andrew happens to read this or someone from Trackman. Please consider making some extra money and consider selling the code for your controller and RTS swing to 2K. :D It is a much better mouse swing compared to what they have now. As for three click I doubt that they will ever add one but you never know. Maybe they just don't want to see all the arguing it will cause in the forums like over here. :unsure:  :blink:

• MERACE and Charles like this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#53 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 25 March 2021 - 12:14 AM

Wonder if he penned that deal before the accident?  either way its a better option than Rory, that dude has fallen off the planet, he'd be lucky to bag a mobile golf game playing the way he is.

• Buck likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#54 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 25 March 2021 - 01:07 AM

Just a quick note guys, after a few life changing months i have some free time so i have started adding events to PG exiles if anyone is interested in still playing in the society.  I have revamped the settings and they are as follows...

Pro difficulty

No scout cam

No yardage ( book only )

No power meters for tee, fairway or greens  ( power bar gives a huge advantage when putting and removes any skill and judgement, so away with it we go )

No wind data, only meter

No Lie grid

No elevation data

Green grid remains on as the textures in 2k21 do not help when determining green breaks

Feel free to not bother if these settings do not appeal, i usually play master with these settings on but pro is way more forgiving and these measures will hopefully bring about more varied and interesting play, you get used to it quite quickly anyway so i'll leave it and see if we get any interest.  I have set up a 3 day event at Bay hill starting Friday and running for 5 days.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#55 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 March 2021 - 03:55 AM

A lot of comments about the 2k21 have been laid down in this forum in regards to the PGA 21 game. This sim does not get my blood racing. It is just that, another simulation attemting to be King of the Hill. The biggest drawback for me is although it offers a CA, it is really quite basic. In other words, don't give the public any kind of standout architectual tools and textures to work with because the community will turn out better courses than the guys that get paid to do this. This happened in Links as well as Tiger Woods. I will say this: at least they learned their lesson. Simply put, the more leaway that is given to the public in course design on any platform, will inevitably result in a slow death for the developers and whatever golf sim is offered to the public. It's almost a "Catch 22" senario.

#56 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:46 AM

A lot of comments about the 2k21 have been laid down in this forum in regards to the PGA 21 game. This sim does not get my blood racing. It is just that, another simulation attemting to be King of the Hill. The biggest drawback for me is although it offers a CA, it is really quite basic. In other words, don't give the public any kind of standout architectual tools and textures to work with because the community will turn out better courses than the guys that get paid to do this. This happened in Links as well as Tiger Woods. I will say this: at least they learned their lesson. Simply put, the more leaway that is given to the public in course design on any platform, will inevitably result in a slow death for the developers and whatever golf sim is offered to the public. It's almost a "Catch 22" senario.

that makes so much sense Luigi.

• Buck likes this

#57 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 03:46 PM

In other words, don't give the public any kind of standout architectual tools and textures to work with because the community will turn out better courses than the guys that get paid to do this. This happened in Links as well as Tiger Woods.

Probably one of the dumbest comments I've ever read on here.. without the community, games like Links and TW would have been dead long ago...  it is the one thing that keeps these games alive and fans of golf games keep playing... no idea where your thinking is. 

• Tigers Agent and Buck like this

#58 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 March 2021 - 12:51 AM

Probably one of the dumbest comments I've ever read on here.. without the community, games like Links and TW would have been dead long ago...  it is the one thing that keeps these games alive and fans of golf games keep playing... no idea where your thinking is. 

Were you asleep when you read my post? What you just said is exactly the point I was making. Let me be clear about what I said. It is the community designers that gave longevity to all the golf sims in the past. If you ever played the Stock courses in both the Links and TW eras and compared them to the courses presented by the community designers, there is no comparison to be made. The Stock courses "Sucked". So if you are a Golf Sim developer and you do provide a CA for community use,you better make sure that what you are providing ranks on the same level of quality as the CA you as the developer is using. The CA offered in PGA 2021 in my opinion is considerably laking in measuring up to graphic potentials are now showcased in the gaming industry. There are a lot of talented designers residing not only in this community but others as well. I wonder how long their interest would remain at a high level if designing tools offered were sub par or worse yet, that creation of custom designs in a golf sim were not an option? You're damned rights, it is the community and the community only, that is the life blood of a golf simulation. So what the hell are you thinking??

#59 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 March 2021 - 05:08 PM

Orrr.... and let this sink in for a moment. The owners of said game stop updating the game due to cost development > profit. Do you think PG was sold due to better community courses or was it because a profit was made due to the sale? I bet Mike Jones wasn’t crying over his beer about community created courses being the downfall of PG.

#60 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 March 2021 - 10:01 PM

Orrr.... and let this sink in for a moment. The owners of said game stop updating the game due to cost development > profit. Do you think PG was sold due to better community courses or was it because a profit was made due to the sale? I bet Mike Jones wasn’t crying over his beer about community created courses being the downfall of PG.

You will take note that my post does not mention the PG platform. I even hesitate to label the PG Dev. courses as Stock Courses. Why? Because only  in PG are the Developers course every bit as good as what is being done by the Coomunity. As far as MJ is concerned. there is no one in this forum or any other who understands the inevitable outcome of letting custom designers freely use a developers platform to showcase their creations. Have you ever wondered why the Links Community is still very much alive after more than two decades of existence. The interface of that platform allows players to introduce a variety of Add-ons. The APCD is still a challenge but offers freedoms of design that I have never seen in any other golf sim. The Anis produced are mediocre, but the point is that they are available. Shortly put, in Links you do have platform that is complete. What changes have occurred in PG over the years? Not many. Many people who are actual golfers do not like golf simulations. The ones that do are still searching  for that Holy Grail, a complete but more important, a realistic experience in the cyber golf world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users