#81 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:56 AM

yes xbox controller,  360 or xbox one both are good, just get the bluetooth dongle also to connect to PC

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#82 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:14 AM

yes xbox controller,  360 or xbox one both are good, just get the bluetooth dongle also to connect to PC

Well I have 5 xbox 360 wireless controllers. I was unaware that thsse would work. The bluetooth dongle, how does it work? Is it a usb port sensor or what? Update: Checked Amazon, I'm a Prime Member figure I'd get the best deal there. Found several lisitings that mention xbox 360 compatible with Win 10. No mention of blue tooth in regards to these listings found. Usb connectivity seems no more than 2.0 or 2.5. 5.0 is available but not for 360 compatibility. How important is that? Would appreciate your input. Thanks

#83 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 01 April 2021 - 04:52 AM

Spend the cash and get an Xbox controller and wireless adapter for the pc. Quality components.

I won't ignore your advice Arcadehack. thankyou. I have a wired pos controller.

#84 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 01 April 2021 - 05:13 AM

Hi Jurgie,

It is not Bluetooth that connects the wireless XBox controllers to to the computer (at least it isn't in my case).  This is the one I purchased for my PC to play SMB/SMB2 and PG:  

https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B078T3R8YS

The USB wireless adapter in the above is slightly different than mine (I'm assuming that is a newer version).  The USB wireless adapter I got with the controller looks like this one (which is noted to be incompatible with XBox 360 controllers):

https://www.amazon.c...g/dp/B07CJ6GVM8

I don't know if there is a Microsoft wireless adapter that is compatible with Xbox 360 controllers and I can't attest if the wireless USB adapters above work with 360 controllers.  However, there are a few other 3rd-party adapters available that apparently are compatible with Xbox 360 that you probably already found:

https://www.amazon.c...C/dp/B08LBLBZ4V

https://www.amazon.c...x/dp/B01JC68MHU

It seems you have to do more than plug-and-play to get these 3rd-party ones working.

#85 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2021 - 09:50 AM

Long time no hear Armand. Are you in "Cognito"? lol. Thanks for the information, I'll do a litlle more reseach on the information that you provided. In any event, most of these are pretty reasonably priced. One question, have you used  the one you have with a 360 wireless controller and if so, have you encountered any issues?  I am assuming you are on the Win 10 platform.

#86 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 01 April 2021 - 10:15 AM

Yes my bad, its not bluetooth, lol i dont even have bluetooth on my pc.  It's wireless receiver that plugs into a USB port.  The official microsoft ones are quite rare these days but you can buy third party ones, i just cant vouch for those, but i imagine they are fine.

https://www.amazon.c...reless Receiver

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#87 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2021 - 10:15 AM

Hi Jurgie,

It is not Bluetooth that connects the wireless XBox controllers to to the computer (at least it isn't in my case).  This is the one I purchased for my PC to play SMB/SMB2 and PG:  

https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B078T3R8YS

The USB wireless adapter in the above is slightly different than mine (I'm assuming that is a newer version).  The USB wireless adapter I got with the controller looks like this one (which is noted to be incompatible with XBox 360 controllers):

https://www.amazon.c...g/dp/B07CJ6GVM8

I don't know if there is a Microsoft wireless adapter that is compatible with Xbox 360 controllers and I can't attest if the wireless USB adapters above work with 360 controllers.  However, there are a few other 3rd-party adapters available that apparently are compatible with Xbox 360 that you probably already found:

https://www.amazon.c...C/dp/B08LBLBZ4V

https://www.amazon.c...x/dp/B01JC68MHU

It seems you have to do more than plug-and-play to get these 3rd-party ones working.

Upon further research, you hit the nail on the head. In the 360 compatible one there seem to be connectivity issues in Win 10. From what I can gather, finding the proper driver which for some reason does not appear on the installation disk. I would however be inclined to go with the adapter made by Microsoft. Kind of a family thing, xbox & microsoft.

#88 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2021 - 10:25 AM

Yes my bad, its not bluetooth, lol i dont even have bluetooth on my pc.  It's wireless receiver that plugs into a USB port.  The official microsoft ones are quite rare these days but you can buy third party ones, i just cant vouch for those, but i imagine they are fine.

https://www.amazon.c...reless Receiver

The one made by Microsoft is available at Amazon. After reading the reviews on it, there seem to be some connectivity isuues with this adapter in Win 10. Apparently it is adapter driver related. I suspect Win 10 might be the culprit because it is supposedly 360 compatible. I bet the problem does not occur when connecting to an xbox one deck.

#89 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 01 April 2021 - 11:23 PM

The one made by Microsoft is available at Amazon. After reading the reviews on it, there seem to be some connectivity isuues with this adapter in Win 10. Apparently it is adapter driver related. I suspect Win 10 might be the culprit because it is supposedly 360 compatible. I bet the problem does not occur when connecting to an xbox one deck.

I run win 10 and have never had a problem with official 360 adaptor, works perfectly.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#90 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 02 April 2021 - 02:04 AM

I have the Microsoft USB one for my wireless Xbox One S controller for my PC and have never had a connection problem.

#91 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:00 PM

Most of the criticism on 2K21 is pure BS. I'm sorry, but thats what it is. Everybody has a right to prefer his/her game ofcourse but going off on a scorched earth type binge on how awful/bad/terrible 2K21 is, is just ridiculous. Most who write/comment negatively about the game are either delusional, stubborn, fixed or have other personal issues which do not relate to any balanced, realistic a/o fair evaluation. No game is perfect, but come on!

I decided to kick out all aids in the game, play it pure, no added cams, grids or whatever, master level, and have it out with the course. It's a sensational feeling. Only the real game tops it. I dont care what some of the hardliners think, write or say, 2K21 is the best in the business right now. Nothing comes close.

I joined 'The Ultra Sim Experience' society set up by Anders Mathisen and it rocks. Full season, 52 tournaments, one per week, 4 majors, all top notch real courses, on the highest level. I've yet to finish a tournament sub par but its the best digital golf experience i've had to date.

https://ultra-sim-ex....proboards.com/

With Tiger Woods on board the game will further conquer the world. He will inject immense extra knowledge and attract even more people to the game which will make it unsurpassed for a long time to come. I'm a happy swinger. B)

• RobV and Greensboronclion like this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#92 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:04 PM

anyone waiting for a sale it is 20 bucks this weekend on steam

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#93 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:19 AM

Most of the criticism on 2K21 is pure BS. I'm sorry, but thats what it is. Everybody has a right to prefer his/her game ofcourse but going off on a scorched earth type binge on how awful/bad/terrible 2K21 is, is just ridiculous. Most who write/comment negatively about the game are either delusional, stubborn, fixed or have other personal issues which do not relate to any balanced, realistic a/o fair evaluation. No game is perfect, but come on!

I decided to kick out all aids in the game, play it pure, no added cams, grids or whatever, master level, and have it out with the course. It's a sensational feeling. Only the real game tops it. I dont care what some of the hardliners think, write or say, 2K21 is the best in the business right now. Nothing comes close.

I joined the 'Ultra Sim Experience' society set up by Anders Mathisen and it rocks. Full season, 52 tournaments, one per week, 4 majors, all top notch real courses, on the highest level. I've yet to finish a tournament sub par but its the best digital golf experience i've had to date.

https://ultra-sim-ex....proboards.com/

With Tiger Woods on board the game will further conquer the world. He will inject immense extra knowledge and attract even more people to the game which will make it unsurpassed for a long time to come. I'm a happy swinger. B)

I totally concur and play it every day and played one of the Augusta courses I have saved tonight and it was really enjoyable but when you have crowds and atmosphere its bound to be enjoyable.  I don't get the hate for the game and yes with tge deep pockets and Tiger on board I can see sales at least doubling with next years release and now its sold over 3 million copies which for golf is pretty dang good.  Charles I might give that tour a try as it sounds like fun.

• RobV and Charles like this

#94 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:00 AM

I have a question Charles. You made mention of this  Season  sporting 52 tournaments which translates into 52 different courses featured. The question I have is, will you always have access to the afore mentioned courses or are they only available when you are participating in this Season?

#95 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:36 AM

I have a question Charles. You made mention of this  Season  sporting 52 tournaments which translates into 52 different courses featured. The question I have is, will you always have access to the afore mentioned courses or are they only available when you are participating in this Season?

These are all courses which anybody can play. In 2K21 all courses are stored in the game database platform to which all courses are uploaded by designers. Players do not have to download courses like in PG. Thousands of courses are stored there. For a good overview of most (not all*) courses there is the TGCtours courselist:

https://www.tgctours...p=&Grid-filter=

Here is the present USE season course list:

https://docs.google....IOnY/edit#gid=0

Come and join the fun and become a member at USE**. Just send in a request in-game in the society and register on the USE forum and also put in a request with the admins.

USE has a no-aid difficulty set up plus some added tournament rules which as yet can not be tweaked in the present game set up. All is done so as to emulate the real game as close as possible. To date, this is indeed 'ultimate'. :)

*PS: some top notch designers are not mentioned on the TGCtours list, mostly because they chose not be on it for some reason. Most players have a favorite courses list in-game which can be checked by others through the in-game search engine through the 'friends favorites' option. For that, one has to have friends in the Steam community.

**: the full name to search is 'The Ultra Sym Experience'

• RobV likes this

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#96 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:29 AM

Thank you Charles, I totally appreciate all information you provided. (Very Helpful) So I want to be sure that I totally understand what you are saying. Let's say that you have just purchased the game and it is installed on the hardrive. All the courses are stored in what you say is the courses data base platform. Are you saying that on a new install all courses available for play will automatically surface in the data base platform? Or do you manually have to move them there? If so, where do you retrieve them to put them into the data base?

#97 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:34 AM

Thank you Charles, I totally appreciate all information you provided. (Very Helpful) So I want to be sure that I totally understand what you are saying. Let's say that you have just purchased the game and it is installed on the hardrive. All the courses are stored in what you say is the courses data base platform. Are you saying that on a new install all courses available for play will automatically surface in the data base platform? Or do you manually have to move them there? If so, where do you retrieve them to put them into the data base?

Yes, once you have 2K21 you dont have to worry about 'having' courses on your hard drive. Me, as a PC-mouse player, i just have the game installed on my hard drive. Every course i select in the in-game search engine will be downloaded into the game but only to play. No courses are permanently stored on your hard drive. Every course in the courses library which is stored on the database platform is accessible for players. So your installed (or re-installed) game has nothing to do with the course database. Once you have selected a course to play your game connects with the database and the course is downloaded into the game. Also, if you have to stop playing on a course (doesn't matter if its a solo round or a society/tournament round) you can resume later; the game has a memory option for that. Game updates are automatically installed through Steam and do not affect your personal settings etc.

= Arnold Palmer =

#98 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:49 PM

anyone waiting for a sale it is 20 bucks this weekend on steam

And $ 23.00 plus change gets you the "Special Edition". For that kind of money I thought I better purchase it in order to form an honest and unbiased opinion in regards to this much talked about platform. Here in my opinion are the good things. I you love online play in tournaments or entire seasons, 2K21 will definitely satisfy your appetite. There are a vast number of those available for online participation. Numerous courses are also featured and are available for free play. The courses by and large are respectable, No, a lot of them are not Academy Award winners, but neither are a lot of them here in PG. My main observation in view of the courses was the fact that excessive course objects and other eye candy led to a certain amount of distraction. The Gallery appeared as good as I have ever seen and the comentary was sensibly created. The tutorial presentation appeared to be quite thorough and easy to comprehend. On the negative side, I first should mention the so called Facemaker. It is very basic in the sense that if you can make your player bare any resembelance of yourself, consider yourself fortunate. Both the Swing & Putter Meters are somewhat clumsy at best. Ingame adjustments for swing, stance and other things are literally displayed all over the viewing screen. A distraction from the actual panoramic view of the course and looking more like a tutorial lesson, than a round of golf. I bought the downloadable PC version and as I suspected, the actual physics and the adjustments a player is able to make were taken to the extreme. Every shot can be mathematically calculated, removing the human factor of mistakes from the game itself. There are numerous keystrokes and mouse functions to apply, in some cases simultaneously. This makes me wonder about the people that are playing this game on a console with gamepad. All the keyboard features certainly canot be accessed by way of a gamepad. It is a very interesting game however, and definitely worth the money that I paid for it. The courses alone are worth that.

#99 Niblick47

Niblick47

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:05 AM

I too bought the game, I'll pay $25 for any new golf game, just to have another option. Agree with much of what you said jurgie. I like a clean interface and there are a lot of distractions. I turned off the commentary as I find it annoying. I play with mouse so I think it will take me quite a while if ever to learn it. I ended up with a gold driver that I hit 368 yds at TPC San Antonio, but my 3W only goes 227 yds. I'll have to spend more money or unlock other fairway wood options. I do like the fact that there are a lot of courses and apparently new ones coming out all the time. They look good but not on a par with the best that PG has. I can't get used to the swing, no matter how hard I push the mouse on the downswing I get a slow reading. At this rate, I'll never be able to putt and chip. Maybe Charles has a few tips as he plays with the mouse as well. I've tried adjusting the sensitivity of the mouse in the game, but it doesn't seem to matter.

#100 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:21 AM

maybe the one of you could form a paragraph. stop acting like infants needing their hand held to play the easiest golf game made in this generation. really..ee

• Buck likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users