73 replies to this topic

#21 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:23 AM

Did EA furnish a Course Architect for custom course designs in the McIlroy version PGA Golf 2017? Or are you relegated to only play their crap stock courses?

1.  Rory was a 2015 release

2.  No they didn't offer a course design program

3.  The stock courses were not even remotely "crap" -- they were some of the best looking & more well executed virtual golf course work ever done.  They even had unique attributes per course that tried to mimic the region and grass types and other things that would impact unique experiences of playing at each locale.

#22 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:01 AM

How many courses were included in the game? Were Addon courses available? If so, what was the price per course?

#23 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:33 AM

How many courses were included in the game? Were Addon courses available? If so, what was the price per course?

Feel free to google stuff chief.
  • Tigers Agent likes this

#24 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 April 2021 - 01:26 PM

So Jurgie. There was no course creator to be had which means what killed off the Rory version of EA’s golf title?
  • Buck likes this

#25 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:54 PM

It was a while back, but I thought I read an article that there was going to be add-on courses released that you had to pay for, but since the game flopped, they were never released.   I could be thinking about another game, but given there was no competition at the time (maybe TGC), I am thinking it was Rory... 

#26 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:23 PM

So Jurgie. There was no course creator to be had which means what killed off the Rory version of EA’s golf title?

That is a very good question and a reply to that would just be speculation on my part. I however go suspect the following. Years ago when Links introduced the APCD in conjunction with their release of L2K1 & then L2K3 they probably were not anticipating that many members of the Links Communty would actually master this Architect. In fact to the point where the designs were of better quality then the ones they offered as addons that you purchased. A similar thing occurred with the EA TW platform. That had a CA until EA TW 07. From 07 to present day, no CA from EA. Why, same reason, better custom courses than the stock ones. Had it not been for the ingenuity of the TW Community to adapt the TW 06 Ca to work in both the TW 07 & 08 TW Platforms, we would not have had custom course designs after 06. Ok, so let's add a little reasoning to this topic. If you were a developer of a golf sim, would you give your community a CA of the same potential and content that you are using for introduction into your creation? Furthermore if your Sim's interface consisted of every feature imagineable that would satisfy the most hardnosed video golf enthusiasts what is left? I bet that you would use this platform for years in conjunction with all the custom designs that you and the rest of the will provide. As a developer you would have to at least every other year with new eye popping features that would captivate the buying public in buying your newer version. Check out the forums in both at both Links Corner & Course Downloads. Links is using a patched game that was released in 2002. Dowloads is using TW 08 with an 06 CA. If you had the ability to design top notch customs in PGA 2021, for how many years would people play on that platform?

#27 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:51 PM

Feel free to google stuff chief.

What I did was Firefox sites that featured this game for sale. Sites like Amazon, Game Stop etc. Some pictures of some courses but no actual list of all included. I will say that some prices listed are pretty rediculous. I assume yougot the PS4 console game? Maybe I need security clearance to be privy to that information.

#28 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:01 PM

What I did was Firefox sites that featured this game for sale. Sites like Amazon, Game Stop etc. Some pictures of some courses but no actual list of all included. I will say that some prices listed are pretty rediculous. I assume yougot the PS4 console game? Maybe I need security clearance to be privy to that information.

Maybe Mario can help you out?

• ArcadeHack likes this

#29 Jesus Jones

Jesus Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:36 PM

Maybe Mario can help you out?

:lol:

#30 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:04 PM

That is a very good question and a reply to that would just be speculation on my part. I however go suspect the following. Years ago when Links introduced the APCD in conjunction with their release of L2K1 & then L2K3 they probably were not anticipating that many members of the Links Communty would actually master this Architect. In fact to the point where the designs were of better quality then the ones they offered as addons that you purchased. A similar thing occurred with the EA TW platform. That had a CA until EA TW 07. From 07 to present day, no CA from EA. Why, same reason, better custom courses than the stock ones. Had it not been for the ingenuity of the TW Community to adapt the TW 06 Ca to work in both the TW 07 & 08 TW Platforms, we would not have had custom course designs after 06. Ok, so let's add a little reasoning to this topic. If you were a developer of a golf sim, would you give your community a CA of the same potential and content that you are using for introduction into your creation? Furthermore if your Sim's interface consisted of every feature imagineable that would satisfy the most hardnosed video golf enthusiasts what is left? I bet that you would use this platform for years in conjunction with all the custom designs that you and the rest of the will provide. As a developer you would have to at least every other year with new eye popping features that would captivate the buying public in buying your newer version. Check out the forums in both at both Links Corner & Course Downloads. Links is using a patched game that was released in 2002. Dowloads is using TW 08 with an 06 CA. If you had the ability to design top notch customs in PGA 2021, for how many years would people play on that platform?

No reason to post this wall of text. Your answer should have been money. EA folded the game due to money and the lack that was made off of it.

#31 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:44 PM

No reason to post this wall of text. Your answer should have been money. EA folded the game due to money and the lack that was made off of it.

Ever condider that lack of funds because of what I stated???

#32 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:34 AM

Luigi...does Mario Golf have a course creator?

How has business been for you and your brother?

#33 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:46 AM

Luigi...does Mario Golf have a course creator?

How has business been for you and your brother?

Unfortunately not. That's why I never liked Mario Golf.

#34 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:06 AM

Unfortunately not. That's why I never liked Mario Golf.

Sorry to hear that.

I hope the plumbing business is keeping you guys afloat in these trying times

#35 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:10 PM

EA gets exclusivity for Augusta National and the Masters in their upcoming game:

https://www.gamespot...l/1100-6489858/

200.gif

• Tigers Agent likes this

#36 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:36 AM

no word on pc play.  what comes first Buck. EA  PGA golf on the pc or 2K22?

#37 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:24 AM

no word on pc play.  what comes first Buck. EA  PGA golf on the pc or 2K22?

2k22/23

I don't think EA golf will come back to the PC

I expect them to lean into making it sing on the new generation of consoles and perhaps (hopefully) using some of the unique things they offer (like PS5 controller haptics)

It sounds like this is all about another year away still (or close to that), so I'll be continuing to enjoy my nightly PG for a good long while yet.

#38 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:47 AM

"In the latest version, even more meticulous attention to detail has been developed, with 10 times the polygons that were used in the previous EA Sports Masters title. The latest lighting system allows EA to create more authentic lighting, the wind will be driven by a natural physics system and there is an opportunity to authentically simulate cloth for use in the flags and player clothing.

EA's Tiburon studio in Orlando, Fla., is developing the game with the Frostbite engine, which will offer "stunning fidelity, breathtaking immersive environments, and approachable, dynamic gameplay," according to EA."

https://www.masters.....ideo_game.html

• Joe Habiger and Birdie like this

#39 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:16 PM

Thankyou Buck (very helpful).

• Buck likes this

#40 GodZilla

GodZilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 11 April 2021 - 02:14 AM

It's beautiful visually hopefully the swing is too.

EA-Sports-PGA-TOUR-2-820x1024.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users