• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 15 April 2021 - 11:58 PM

Another article.Love the "play
...as some of the biggest names in golf."
https://www.masters....video_game.html

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#42 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 09:52 PM

“ EA also said in its news release that EA Sports PGA Tour will have multiple control setups, including the classic three-click swing mechanics and a "brand-new" setup to be announced later.”

https://www.gamespot...p/1100-6493915/

-MERACE
  • Buck likes this

#43 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 09:58 PM

Very smart by EA to continue supporting as many control methods as possible.

Cast a wide net and draw in a large audience.

Love it.
Very excited for this release next spring

Equally I’m super excited to hopefully get a preview or two this Summer and into Fall.
Next generation frostbite courses sound phenomenal to me

• KenR, Tigers Agent and MERACE like this

#44 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 03:43 AM

Still not clear if EA's new game will be available for PC, but inclusion of 3 click would suggest it will be.

Ken

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 03:53 AM

Still not clear if EA's new game will be available for PC, but inclusion of 3 click would suggest it will be.

I'm almost certain it will be for consoles only

Would love a return to PC, but seeing as they haven't done EA Golf on PC in 13 years (will be 14 by release of this), I really doubt it.

3C has been on all their console golf games since TW08 PC (I think - pretty sure), so I'm not sure we can gather much from that in particular.

#46 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 07:08 AM

I'm almost certain it will be for consoles only

Hope you're wrong; that would be too bad. Not going to buy a console, and certainly not to play one game, when my PC gives me all I need for everything.

• worrybirdie likes this
Ken

#47 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 07:19 AM

Hope you're wrong; that would be too bad. Not going to buy a console, and certainly not to play one game, when my PC gives me all I need for everything.

I hear ya' - I used to be that way.

Eventually I realized that life is moving along and I'm getting older..

I'm not going to let a console purchase stand between me and what could be the best looking golf game ever released

(we'll see - but won't surprise me if true - gameplay...we'll see)

Only living once.  I'm in, even if it requires a console buy.

• Ted_Ball likes this

#48 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 July 2021 - 10:49 AM

Just remember its made by Tiburon, they made Rory which was way too easy at the highest difficulty, i got bored with it so quick.   If they stiffen the difficulty then it will be great, may even tempt me back to golf titles again.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#49 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 07:51 PM

Just remember its made by Tiburon, they made Rory which was way too easy at the highest difficulty, i got bored with it so quick.   If they stiffen the difficulty then it will be great, may even tempt me back to golf titles again.

Tiburon did all the Tiger Woods console games that preceded Rory as well (back to 2007 or so).

I agree with you about Rory and the difficulty, etc (and swing - never loved that swing).

It is great to hear they are doing an "all new swing".  

That gives me hope.

#50 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 17 July 2021 - 04:23 AM

I hear ya' - I used to be that way.

Eventually I realized that life is moving along and I'm getting older..

I'm not going to let a console purchase stand between me and what could be the best looking golf game ever released

(we'll see - but won't surprise me if true - gameplay...we'll see)

Only living once.  I'm in, even if it requires a console buy.

I'm with you, Buck. Even if the new game sucks I might discover another console game that I like. 

• Buck likes this

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#51 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:58 PM

https://www.polygon....-avatars-career

#52 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 07:57 PM

I wouldn’t touch a golf game without a course designer and I doubt this will have one.

• Greensboronclion likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#53 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:13 PM

I wouldn’t touch a golf game without a course designer and I doubt this will have one.

It was fun for a little while...  Played a bunch of rounds, it is what it is..

• Greensboronclion likes this

#54 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 02 September 2021 - 07:32 PM

Also Trackman...
https://www.pgatour....-time-data.html

• Buck likes this

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#55 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 08:04 PM

Very interesting to see them collaborating on a data integration.

Makes one wonder if there could be a path to Trackman hardware users accessing the EA game eventually -- but without a PC version that seems unlikely (if not impossible).

• rob1312 and tanman05851 like this

#56 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 07 October 2021 - 06:09 AM

EA could come out with the greatest playing golf game in history (which I doubt they can) and it will still be dead in the water without a course creator.  The problem with EA besides putting out lousy games anymore is they love to sell add on courses and do it with all their games and thats why they won't have a course designer.  People today want unlimited courses and thats why 2K21 has sold so many.  I read somewhere the other day that they have sold over 3 million copies now and even an average sale of 50 bucks thats 150 million in sales and thats a money maker.  It's all about making money and when your on Xbox One, Xbox X, PS5, PS4 and PC thats a world wide appeal.  

#57 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 06:54 AM

EA could come out with the greatest playing golf game in history (which I doubt they can) and it will still be dead in the water without a course creator.  The problem with EA besides putting out lousy games anymore is they love to sell add on courses and do it with all their games and thats why they won't have a course designer.  People today want unlimited courses and thats why 2K21 has sold so many.  I read somewhere the other day that they have sold over 3 million copies now and even an average sale of 50 bucks thats 150 million in sales and thats a money maker.  It's all about making money and when your on Xbox One, Xbox X, PS5, PS4 and PC thats a world wide appeal.  

No, it won't be "dead in the water"

Please refrain from assuming you know what all "people" want.

I for one will gladly take a reasonably sized library of amazing first party courses -- and I'm happy to pay for them.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#58 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 03:13 PM

No, it won't be "dead in the water"

Please refrain from assuming you know what all "people" want.

I for one will gladly take a reasonably sized library of amazing first party courses -- and I'm happy to pay for them.

EAis in the business of making money and has to sell a large amount of games to keep doing it and proof of that was them dropping golf in the first place as when PP came out with course forge it killed their business model.  They will not support a game that doesn't sell to the masses and will be one and done like Rory if it doesn't sell.  Also they like to put lipstick on a pig aka the Madden series and call it new each year which has destroyed the Madden series and do nothing each year when the public is outraged.  They will use Frostbite engine put lipstick on Rory and call it EA PGA Tour 22 IMO and see if it sticks.  Most burned by EA every year have said enough is enough.

#59 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 07 October 2021 - 04:55 PM

I will be shocked if EA's new golf game includes a course architect. I just don't see it happening. It doesn't fit with their business model of focusing on the majors. Including Augusta National alone will sell a lot of copies. But, no matter how well these courses are recreated in their new game, will it get boring after a while playing the same limited number of courses over an over? I'm sure for some people it would. If the game is success, I imagine they will either sell course packs for future majors or just sell a new bi-annual version of the game.

Personally, I prefer a golf game with a course architect any day over a game without one. It adds more variety, even when the architect is a bit limited like the one for PGA 2K21. Sure, there are lots of course designs that aren't worth your time, but there are plenty of gems as well. Giving the end user the ability to be creative is always a good thing for your game's longevity. Would Perfect Golf have survived as long as it has without the Course Forge? Doubtful.

• worrybirdie and Greensboronclion like this

#60 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 06:10 PM

I will be shocked if EA's new golf game includes a course architect. I just don't see it happening. It doesn't fit with their business model of focusing on the majors. Including Augusta National alone will sell a lot of copies. But, no matter how well these courses are recreated in their new game, will it get boring after a while playing the same limited number of courses over an over? I'm sure for some people it would. If the game is success, I imagine they will either sell course packs for future majors or just sell a new bi-annual version of the game.

Personally, I prefer a golf game with a course architect any day over a game without one. It adds more variety, even when the architect is a bit limited like the one for PGA 2K21. Sure, there are lots of course designs that aren't worth your time, but there are plenty of gems as well. Giving the end user the ability to be creative is always a good thing for your game's longevity. Would Perfect Golf have survived as long as it has without the Course Forge? Doubtful.

That pretty much nailed it and and totally agree.

• BSilvernail likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users