Photo

Anyone prepping courses ready to convert in Course Forge?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 TimBoch

TimBoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MN

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

Do you have good picks of the new clubhouse?

Do you have good picks of the new clubhouse?

Hello Kevin,

I don't have many good pictures, just a few I have found online.  I had started rebuilding the clubhouse in APCD, but decided to put that on hold while I worked on another project.  I guess with whenever Hazeltine comes out again, the bunker between 9 and 18 will have to be changed :(  I really liked the old bunker.

Course Forge Courses in various stages of design: Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens, Faribault CC, Desert Valley CC/ Woodland Trail(fictional), Infamous Golf Course (fantasy)
Links 2003 Designs: Dwan Golf Club, Infamous Golf Course, Hazeltine National Golf Club (assistant designer), Woodland Trail/Desert Valley CC , Faribault CC (beta), Hyland Greens (beta), Double Eagle (beta), King's Walk (beta), Interlachen CC (still in planning)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR3L RAM
  • 750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

#42 SouthStPaul

SouthStPaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSouth Saint Paul, MN USA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hello Kevin,

I don't have many good pictures, just a few I have found online.  I had started rebuilding the clubhouse in APCD, but decided to put that on hold while I worked on another project.  I guess with whenever Hazeltine comes out again, the bunker between 9 and 18 will have to be changed :(  I really liked the old bunker.

I haven't seen many good pictures of the clubhouse yet...mainly it looks ugly.  I agree on the bunker.  It was a very unique feature and I have no idea why they changed it.

If I can score tickets to the Ryder Cup we could make a trip out there in 2016 (wow only 3 years away).

I think the snow is starting to let up! :lol:

#43 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

How new is the clubhouse at Hazeltine?

#44 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

Just found some lovely 1m LIDAR data for my local course  :)

.......£233 :o

#45 SouthStPaul

SouthStPaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSouth Saint Paul, MN USA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

How new is the clubhouse at Hazeltine?

The original clubhouse was torn down in October 2009 (after the PGA Tournament) and was completed about a year later in 2010.  Here is a view of the new clubhouse facing east (basically from the parking lot).

Attached File  Hazel Clubhouse 01.jpg   138.62KB   65 downloads

I think the snow is starting to let up! :lol:

#46 Lukas

Lukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

I'm wondering to what stage I can prepare a course in Unity prior to Course Forge's release. I have a fair bit of spare time in the next 4 weeks and am planning to spend a lot of it learning Unity (I have not even opened the program yet).

Is it possible to create a course environment to a high level of precision without CF, and then when CF is released, simply select around areas I'd like to be bunkers, fairway, rough etc.?

Are there specific features in CF that make the process of creating the golfing environment far easier and therefore I should wait until its release?

Can I plant trees now, or will this be a problem when CF releases (not sure how tree collision physics work).

#47 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

Basically, at the moment, you can create the terrain and work on elevations, but you have no tool to help you measure the height of the ground and such.
You can also create any custom 3D object you need and import them into Unity.

Once the terrain importer is released you can import terrain from unlocked(?) Links Courses and various other souces, but until Course forge is released you wont be able to add any course features like tees, fairways, greens and stuff.

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#48 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

I am still working on my first APCD course - The Rolls of Kohala. It's taking a why for me to learn APCD but I am getting there slowly. I'm really happy with the design of the course, even if the routing and geo-flora is a little amatuerish. Can't believe I spent all these years messing about with CustomPlay Golf, I'd be an expert by now! Nevermind, least I get to use the amazing Course Forge from day one B)

#49 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

I am still working on my first APCD course - The Rolls of Kohala. It's taking a why for me to learn APCD but I am getting there slowly. I'm really happy with the design of the course, even if the routing and geo-flora is a little amatuerish. Can't believe I spent all these years messing about with CustomPlay Golf, I'd be an expert by now! Nevermind, least I get to use the amazing Course Forge from day one B)

Additional bonus is you will be able to import your APCD course you are working on in to Course Forge, so your time will not be wasted in the APCD.

;)

• Mav78 likes this

#50 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:24 AM

Additional bonus is you will be able to import your APCD course you are working on in to Course Forge, so your time will not be wasted in the APCD.

;)

That's true mate. I probably wouldn't bother continuing to use it if not! Maybe just fiddle finding new ideas for holes on SimGolf :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users