#1 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

Is there any word yet on if and when BETA testing might start ?

TWO is almost at a close and I am itching to get going before I have to go and buy a PS3 !!  :lol: 

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

No word yet. I'd say it's going to be a few more months at least - and I suspect it will materialize later rather than sooner. In truth, they do not know for sure themselves when they will be ready, so there is no point asking for schedules and deadlines now. Rome wasn't built in a day. If you're into course design, the CourseForge might happen a bit sooner.

As you say, with TWO dying tomorrow and huge numbers of ex-pc-golfers craving for their next fix, it might be very conducive for this game's success to throw them a big, juicy bone asap. I still would recommend some sort of in-game video, showing a player swinging and putting away on a golf course, to finally get an idea across to the outer world what the final game might look like. Apparently, they are not able to provide this yet - a measure of the long way still ahead.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

No word yet. I'd say it's going to be a few more months at least - and I suspect it will materialize later rather than sooner. In truth, they do not know for sure themselves when they will be ready, so there is no point asking for schedules and deadlines now. Rome wasn't built in a day. If you're into course design, the CourseForge might happen a bit sooner.

As you say, with TWO dying tomorrow and huge numbers of ex-pc-golfers craving for their next fix, it might be very conducive for this game's success to throw them a big, juicy bone asap. I still would recommend some sort of in-game video, showing a player swinging and putting away on a golf course, to finally get an idea across to the outer world what the final game might look like. Apparently, they are not able to provide this yet - a measure of the long way still ahead.

I thought they already have shown this.

I do agree that this would be great timing to launch a Beta.  A lot of hungry PC golfers out there wanting something more and now is a good time to win their hearts.

• bubblehead700 likes this

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#4 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

That's not in-game footage. You don't see a swing meter (video of it promised: 3 weeks ago), you don't see pitching or putting, you don't see the player view from behind the avatar, you don't see putting grids or wind indicators, you actually do not see a single thing that tells you: "Hot game!". You see 3 times the same shot from different camera perspectives. This is a voyeur's POV, nothing for a PC golfer to hang his hat on (yet).

I don't want to diss the chaps at PerfectGolf, they are trying hard and doing their best - and I am grateful for their toilings. But we keep hearing "game", "simulation" etc... and yet the following, very simple question, has not been answered visually yet: "Where's the beef?"

Again, I am NOT putting on any pressure on the Devs to work faster or questioning their actions in any way; I have no rights and I am entitled to absolutely nothing around here. I am merely pointing out what I perceive to be necessary.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#5 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

Most of our guesses around here are at least three months for Course Forge and right under a year for Perfect Golf. Until PP releases a set date for us, it's all just guesses. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#6 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

That's not in-game footage. You don't see a swing meter (video of it promised: 3 weeks ago), you don't see pitching or putting, you don't see the player view from behind the avatar, you don't see putting grids or wind indicators, you actually do not see a single thing that tells you: "Hot game!". You see 3 times the same shot from different camera perspectives. This is a voyeur's POV, nothing for a PC golfer to hang his hat on (yet).

I don't want to diss the chaps at PerfectGolf, they are trying hard and doing their best - and I am grateful for their toilings. But we keep hearing "game", "simulation" etc... and yet the following, very simple question, has not been answered visually yet: "Where's the beef?"

Again, I am NOT putting on any pressure on the Devs to work faster or questioning their actions in any way; I have no rights and I am entitled to absolutely nothing around here. I am merely pointing out what I perceive to be necessary.

You are right, it would be nice to see some actual gameplay footage, if any even exists.

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#7 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Most of our guesses around here are at least three months for Course Forge and right under a year for Perfect Golf. Until PP releases a set date for us, it's all just guesses. 

sure hope it is not going to be that long.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

You are right, it would be nice to see some actual gameplay footage, if any even exists.

AJ said in another thread that the first shots had been hit inside the Perfect Golf environment and said he would provide us with a video which also showed the swingmeter being used.

So far, we have not had the video made available, I'm guessing because they have been hard at work de-bugging Course Forge and AJ has been hard at work with his Course Converter Tool.

;)

#9 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

sure hope it is not going to be that long.

Haha. Welcome to release dates. :D

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

#10 SJude

SJude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

Patience Dave, I know we all want to play, but let them get it right.

#11 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

No pressure on the Devs at all.  I just want to see their success.

#12 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

I'm absolute agree that. I wanna have a good Game and not a Game who's made by hot Needles ;)

I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#13 BlackSwan

BlackSwan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

Patience Dave, I know we all want to play, but let them get it right.

I agree. Those of us that played TWO and endured countless bugs that in some cases were never fixed are well aware of the frustration that goes along with a rushed end product.

#14 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

I totally agree Forestman. I guess it will take as long as it takes. As they say ' patience is a virtue' – so let's hope everyone agrees.

John

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#15 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

I agree, too. The longer we wait, the better product we will receive. 

n2o7ldH.png

#16 br549mt

br549mt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

Good to see familiar faces......ready when you are guys keep up the good work!!

#17 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

I want to b a beta tester too please

MSI A88X-G43, AMD A10-5800K, PATRIOT PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB, AMD HD RADEON 7700 1GB DDR5, CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

#18 tongpo

tongpo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Tigerwoods online even with its glitches was still the best internet golf game i just hope that perfect parallel can create this game to be as good or better than that

#19 RustyBin5

RustyBin5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Screw the bugs lol - thats what real Beta is all about - I spnt the best part of 3 years getting used to bug filled golf on TWO, so bring it on - bugs and all !!!! oh and do it yesterday - I'm suffering withdrawals :D :blink:

Rusty

#20 KonaDawg

KonaDawg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

I was hoping I didn't miss the beta. Good to know its still on the way. Take your time and work your magic and bring us a great game. I'm sure it will be better than anything EA has ever brought us especially now that they are dumping the PC for the Kiddie consoles.

• Tigers Agent likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users