#21 golfcart03

golfcart03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDesert Southwest, USA

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hi:

From 2003 to 2009, I tested custom designed courses for the Tiger Woods series.  I was also a tester for TWO since the second beta and sent EA and the

course designers extensive test reports and screenshot of possible areas of improvement.  It is this experience that I would be happy to bring to this game as

a tester.

Regards

golfcart03

#22 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

I don't have your credentials.. But I'd give er my best.

#23 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Screw the bugs lol - thats what real Beta is all about - I spnt the best part of 3 years getting used to bug filled golf on TWO, so bring it on - bugs and all !!!! oh and do it yesterday - I'm suffering withdrawals :D :blink:

Rusty

Not the idea PP has for it's first introduction of the game Rusty.  They do not want to follow the "old precedent" of getting it "out there" too quickly just to make some money.  This project is being done for two reasons (IMO).  They want it to be as close to "perfect" as possible so the world can marvel at the first PC golf game that is simply amazing without downloading patch, after patch etc.  Secondly (IMHO) this is long term project that will continuously provide income for four families for many years to come.

This is not the same protocol as "big corporations". This is like the family owned restaurant down the road that has been there for 50 years because their menu is solid, their food is great and patrons come from near and far as often as they like because they know they will never be disappointed. (hope you like the analogy)

#24 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

My original idea was to get the stuff out there with bugs, warts, ugly spots etc and work with the community to develop the game they want to play. That is still my intention and I'd like to get stuff out to you guys as early as possible. I 'demod' a physics build in a blog video a couple of days ago - is that something you guys would like to be playing around with or would you prefer we wait until things are 'Perfect' before we start releasing things?

#25 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

I think we are an impatient lot Mike!

#26 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

As the old saying goes Mike, "haste makes waste".  My preference would be for you guys to release the game when you feel it's pretty darn close to perfect.  Less hassles for you guys having to field criticisms and individual ideas. I vote, "release when ready". ;)

#27 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

My original idea was to get the stuff out there with bugs, warts, ugly spots etc and work with the community to develop the game they want to play. That is still my intention and I'd like to get stuff out to you guys as early as possible. I 'demod' a physics build in a blog video a couple of days ago - is that something you guys would like to be playing around with or would you prefer we wait until things are 'Perfect' before we start releasing things?

@MJ

My opinion for what it's worth.....I'm not fussed about a playable game if its not ready, but I do like the sound of maybe a module here, a module there to try some things and report our findings back to PP. Whether that be CF or PG. That would keep me happy, others maybe not!!!

Modules like the driving range or a putting green or swingmeter mechanics would be good to get the community to feedback. However these need to be objective and maybe you need to find a way of getting the right kind of feedback.

Really looks like things are moving at pace....KUTGW!
  • HalkeFralg likes this

#28 deerhunter716

deerhunter716

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

@MJ

My opinion for what it's worth.....I'm not fussed about a playable game if its not ready, but I do like the sound of maybe a module here, a module there to try some things and report our findings back to PP. Whether that be CF or PG. That would keep me happy, others maybe not!!!

Modules like the driving range or a putting green or swingmeter mechanics would be good to get the community to feedback. However these need to be objective and maybe you need to find a way of getting the right kind of feedback.

Agreed 100%!  Different game in that I alpha tested Guild Wars 2 but it was done exactly like this for a MMO.  They would pick very specific areas/mechanics they wanted you to test so they could get a lot of concentrated feedback on very specific things.  Great post because the little tests here and there add up.

• Davefevs likes this

#29 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

Could releasing something too early hurt Perfect Parallel's reputation?

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#30 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

The perfect ;) balance to me would be to release something relatively polished and focus betatesting on very specific aspects, like sand wedge physics, greens with different conditions, whatever,...Give something to people so they can play and get motivated with it but at the same time don't release something too crappy so that they lose interest. Hard to believe but I can see light at the end of the tunnel for this game,...

#31 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Having given it more thought.  I think all four of you at PerfectParallel should be play PerfectGolf until you feel the game is ready to release to the public.  You could call it Beta or your could simply do an RTM to those of us who will pay for the game.  Give us the normal "15 day 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money refunded" without hassles and jumping through hoops.

Considering refunds, we all know what it was like with EA, a real PIA.  If someone does want a refund you can set a much higher precedent than other software companies have in the past.  They would always ask "what can we do to fix the problem?".  No one likes that question when they have made up their minds about not wanting the software any longer.  However, if they don't ask the questions here in the forum or directly to PP and 15 days elaspes, tough luck for the consumer...

#32 SJude

SJude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

For what my opinion is worth, I say turn us loose on it.  You pretty much have the best of the best of the previous golf communities in here, that could only help to make the game better with the feedback you'll get.

#33 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

It's shouldn't be about what we want (We want it now and now means yesterday)

It's shouldn't be about what the makers fear might go wrong or be misconstrued or possibly mistaken to be lacking in some respect.

This public beta release should occur, imho, when (and if) it represents the most efficient way to improve the product, by bringing in fresh minds, an outside perspective and an army of busy testers to go chase after the glitches and bugs it would take the dev crew too long to go after themselves. 

Let us know when that point is reached.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#34 Ron Piskorik

Ron Piskorik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationFlorham Park, NJ

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

@MJ

My opinion for what it's worth.....I'm not fussed about a playable game if its not ready, but I do like the sound of maybe a module here, a module there to try some things and report our findings back to PP. Whether that be CF or PG. 

I feel the same way and was very impressed with the latest video about physics. Progress is looking very good.

I think it would be good to get some feedback on how people fell about the ranges in the control bars and the overall physics.  Early testing is usually good because you get to test on many different systems and weed out bugs specific to certain systems. 

From the video it looks like you will have as much control of the variables as anyone would want.  I think that is very good for the game.  Both SIM and Fantasy players will be able to find designers who fit their desires.

Alienware Area 51 R2
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Six Core (15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.9 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Intel® X99 Chipset (Intel® DHX99 PCH)
32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM Memory
256GB SSD 6Gb/s Main
Centauri CPU heatsink
4TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti with 6GB GDDR5
Killer™ E2200 Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card
Integrated Creative Labs Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Alienware™ 850 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Logitech G810 Artemis Spectrum gaming keyboard
Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - S2716DG at 2560 X 1440
Logitech Gaming Mouse G502

3 Click PRO Level

#35 HalkeFralg

HalkeFralg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

I've been a proponent of releasing what you have and let the community provide the vision for the game going forward, provided there is a playable game with basic game modes etc. We have so many smart people around here, that I think they can be a tremendous asset in not only testing the game, but developing content to provide more depth and detail to the game. If you open it up to us and allow us to work with you on the game and bringing it to is full potential, it could have a dramatic impact not only on this game, but the game industry. Instead of the developers creating their game, it could be the community and developers develop the game to make it what both parties want and expect. It just seems to be the way to go to me, but just an opinion...

#36 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Instead of the developers creating their game, it could be the community and developers develop the game to make it what both parties want and expect. It just seems to be the way to go to me

This was the idea from the start when I first posted some info about PerfectGolf over at Links corner back in 2012. Since then we have made significant advances in lot's of key areas and I'm looking forward to giving you an inside look at some of the software you've been looking at only in videos and screen shots this past year.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#37 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

In case you missed it, here is the Links to the threadnaught over at LC which got our ball rolling:

http://linkscorner.o...pic.php?t=29891

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#38 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

If someone prefers not to use a beta product, they have the choice not to download it.  I personally don't mind testing the product, even if it's just a work-in-progress.  And, Mike, the last year has probably gone by quickly for you.  For some of us, though, it has probably seemed like forever.  All we can do is salivate over the videos and screenshots, while we wait (im)patiently for a chance to test it ourselves.  :D

#39 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

We know it's going to better than TW08, but if it's similar to what you see in this video; lighting, shadows, breeze, course life systems etc., then let her loose on the community.  B)

#40 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

Maybe a private Alpha test would be beneficial?

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users