#21 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Just re-loaded STEAM for the first time in a while and made use of their current 'Summer Sale' and I'm currently in RPG/TBS/MMO mode, lol.

Currently downloading:-

Sid Meier's Civilization 5 (Gold Edition) - The game plus 12 Expansion Packs

Sid Meier's Civilization 5 - Brave New World (The newest DLC Expansion Pack)

Eador: Masters of the Broken World

DOTA 2

;)

#22 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

Well right now I have gone overboard for strategy game downloads from 'the iso zone', current downloads have included:

Rome: total war (war strategy - looks brilliant that one, but maybe better suited to a new PC later on)

Caesar 4 (rome more advanced city builder - non isoteric and looks great, but see above)

Caesar 3 (rome basic city builder much easier on my crappy chipset graphics)

Zeus Master of Olympus (ancient greece city builder, you beginning to see a pattern develop here, lols!@!)

Pharaoh (ancient egypt city builder....ok.ok but the buildings DO look different and the screenshots were beautiful  :D )

Age of Empires 3

Rise of Nations.....blah blah blah.....I think you get the idea of which kind of PC games I like playing.

One more that sounded very interesting though: Sid Meiers Sim Golf - it's like a build your business game but this time you design and build a golf course then run it within the usual business parameters, just wondered if it was worth PP considering a RPG element to the game (I hear groans of 'it's going to take long enough as it is......' so perhaps at a later date an RPG business strategy spin off of PP might be an option.....perhaps, lols!!!

#23 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

@Deena - Sid Meier's Sim Golf was received well in the PC gaming community when it was released in 2002.

I've just pre-ordered 2 more non-golf titles.

Rome II

Space Hulk

Third title under consideration is Europa Universalis IV

Am following the progress of Wasteland 2 which is currently in development and also Civilization Online which looks an interesting spin on multiplayer MMO games.

Just makes me glad there is more to life than golf, lol.

#24 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

...especially when they are up for FREE download, lols!!

You will have to list some recommendations then, ones I can get hold of, non-violence preferred.....

#25 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

Hadn't fired up Steam for several weeks, so did so after your post... didn't opt for anything though. I still look at Legend of Grimrock, seeking a bargain price. It's a very similar game to something I once played eons ago on my Atari ST or Amiga.. Dunegon Master. Maybe one day I'll find the time..

#26 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

Hadn't fired up Steam for several weeks, so did so after your post... didn't opt for anything though. I still look at Legend of Grimrock, seeking a bargain price. It's a very similar game to something I once played eons ago on my Atari ST or Amiga.. Dunegon Master. Maybe one day I'll find the time..

Ahh....... Dungeon Master!!!  :rolleyes: 

One of the old classics. The game that got me into RPG's. I also remember hacking this game to put my own character graphics in.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#27 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hah! Glad I'm not alone.. apparently some old clones exist and can be played. Think I found a few, some years back, Chaos Strikes Back etc..  Legend of Grimrock is worth watching the video trailer though.. it will show many similarities. Good times... # insert Faster Than Light logo #

#28 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

@IanD - OMG.... What have you done to me!!

Just downloaded Legend of Grimrock, and it's just Dungeon Master in hi-def! Only difference I can see yet is, you can't crush the monsters under the doors, and you can rest while there are monsters near! It even has a complete editing program with it to create your own dungeons - this just might stop any of my course designing for a while (not that I've done any recently).  :o There are plenty of user created dungeons available already, and someone has already recreated DM for it too!! B) It reminds me a bit of my days playing Doom too, back in the day, as that had lots of user downloads available as well. :D 

This game is going to take up too much of my free time!!!!!  :blink:..... until GTA5 that is!!!.....  :lol: 

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#29 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hehe... glad you liked it enough to go for it !

Like I say, I'm watching it, but wondering if I dare purchase knowing how many Photoshop projects I'm currently invovled in. Sometimes when I bite into something, I don't let go. I recall the manner of killing you stated, letting the doors crush your opponents lol.. it was a great strategy. Those eerie sounds of doors opening in the unseen distance, always gave you goosebumps.. may have to get a drink from my waterskin to calm those nerves lol..

#30 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

Another addition I wanted to know if others were awaiting on.. was a game due out Spring 2014 - Elder Scrolls Online.. anyone else into that style of game?

#31 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Another addition I wanted to know if others were awaiting on.. was a game due out Spring 2014 - Elder Scrolls Online.. anyone else into that style of game?

I regularly visit the page to see what's going on. Looks like it has promise. Keep checking my emails as new BETA invites have apparently started going out last week.

I like the old style turn-based games and am on the BETA for Might & Magic: Heroes Online. Also have the reboot of Space Hulk on pre-order (released Thu 15th).

Been watching clips of Rome II (pre-ordered) and that just looks epic.

#32 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Good to know Daz.. as and when it releases, I may seek to see what server you plump for.. it's a deffo for my list, enjoyed Skyrim immensley. that game forced me to do several things, try a console - XBox - purely for the game, and then sell it to upgrade to my i7 PC to enjoy properly..

Like you, having fingers crossed every time they announce new beta's...

#33 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

well.....err, back to 'adult chat' for the moment, lols!!!

oh the scandal of it, what??

It's a means to an end isn't it   :D

- and if you think you're 'feeling naughty' IanD, you wanna track me down and I'll show you the meaning of that statement, hahahaha!!!

....yah, naughty forties - now I see what they mean about that  ;)

#34 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

Dare I ask... :wub:

#35 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

I've been working Ian - nothing like a bit of floorwork to keep a lady supple, hey??

*sniff*

;)

#36 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Been back on Steam and downloaded a few more to try:-

March of War (free)

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes

Keeping an eye out for Age of Wonders III

Been back playing DOTA 2 and working through the tutorials (easier said than done, lol).

No BETA email as yet for ESO so other things keeping me occupied. Even been putting some laps in on iRacing which I hadn't run for a while.

#37 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Yes, no BETA here either Daz... and good to see you watching out for AoW... keep us posted here if something develops.

Incidentally, another oldie I found that may interest some... anyone recall Transport Tycoon Deluxe..?

I found it here for those wanting to play it free and browser based.. it doesn't appear to work well in Firefox, so try Chrome/something else if it fails initially.

Saves are made online, so wait a few seconds when clicking save and exiting.. Here is the Games menu, you'll also find Dune 2 there too...

Games menu for Transport Tycoon Deluxe and Dune 2

#38 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

There are video games that are NOT golf?   :)  :D  :rolleyes:

Jerry

• Dazmaniac likes this

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#39 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

There are video games that are NOT golf?   :)  :D  :rolleyes:

Jerry

Yes Jez.

You can also find dirty pictures and videos on the net if you look in the right places, lol.

:o

#40 Barry

Barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNorth London

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

I signed up for beta in January, I've not got an invite yet though. I will definitely be buying this game

• IanD likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users