#41 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:27 AM

Nice videos ReHit

Tried to play some "long shadows" rounds with my Uncle last night.

BLI totally un-usuable in a lot of the lighting situations.  Really excited for that to get tweaked.

That aside - The BLI is incredible - My 78 year old uncle picked it up quickly and finds it very intuitive (which is amazing).

#42 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:32 AM

New BLI will be in the new build this week. 

• NoPutt likes this

#43 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:01 AM

some more serious god rays testing online with MJ.

Attached Files

• NoPutt likes this

#44 spy88

spy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

To Mick and Mike,

Both of you shot down the 3D aspect from a "here and now" POV and I understand this.  But I said "...sometime down the road".  That's all I was pointing out.  Yes, 3D TV's are expensive and there are very  few (if any) networks willing to go to the expense to produce in 3D.  And this won't change unless both the manufacturers and the networks strive to work together to get them into our homes.  

If the option sometime in the future,  when technology allows for affordable and visually accurate 3D play becomes available for the gaming industry, and you still don't consider it a worthwhile consideration, so be it.  I was simply daydreaming and futurizing what PG might  be like if it were.  Goggles or no.

#45 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

i didn't mean to shoot down your idea...

it is a fact that 3D TV's are already a thing of the past.

we have a 3D projector in our living room.

the only content available is from 3D movies.

the industry is moving towards 4K and 5K now.

they are looking at 3D in the rear view mirror.

• SeventyFour likes this

#46 ZONA

ZONA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:30 AM

Meh, 3D isn't anything I'm looking at right now or the near future. 3D for video games has a long long way to go before it's anything close to being good. 

As for how good this game looks, I happy with the improvements they've been making and hopefully it continues to improve. I remember playing golf on Nintendo back in the early 90's and to see how far gaming technology has come in 20 years is very impressive to say the least. I think it's why us 40something year olds still play video games :)

I also max setting and resolution. You just have to. If you didn't, it would be like going to see a movie and keeping one eye closed. You're not getting the full enjoyment out of it that you could be. If you have an older system and it can't handle it, give up the fast food for a few months and get a video card, you'll be glad you did.  :lol:

#47 spy88

spy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

Ok Mick.  3D is "dead".  How about immersion systems?  Please, I not trying to say it should be or even will be, just your thoughts as it may relate to computer games.

Zona,  all references made to 3D (and now immersion)  were from a 2-10 year future projection.  If you consider this time span the "near" future being "40something", I understand.  But me being 60something, there is the possibility I won't be around to see it evolve.

And as far as fast food goes.  As little as I go out let alone eat fast food, It would be more like 4 or 5 years to invest in a graphics card.  Where will the technology and PG be then?

#48 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:01 AM

i just noticed a typo in the specs.

this is the video card.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814202113

i already ordered the 2nd one.
i would recommend this to anyone who has a PCI Express 2.0 MB.
they are only $109 and you have seen the performance.
just be sure you are not going to be bottle necked by your CPU.
i would think any dual core or quad core running around 3 GHZ would be fine.

I ordered one of these cards and Played only 9 holes cause I am busy with other stuff but I see a significant difference my old card should be shown below in my signature anyway one thing to mention is that my older card had two power cables coming into it from the power supply and each cable was a 6 pin cable this card requires a 6 pin and an 8 pin cable - I had a black screen until I figured out I needed to check the box of junk that came with my pc and get out an 8 pin cable and hook it to the power supply and then the other end to the 8 pin slot on this video card. I was chatting with tech support using the on board video and they could not help me but finally thank God a light came on and so I tried the 8 pin cord and whoooolaaa it worked. 

The documentation or lack thereof that came with this video card was misleading and vague regarding the necessity of how to hook up the power to this card - it simply said to hook up separate power to the card and showed a graphic of hooking up one power cable to the card and that was about it. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#49 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:10 AM

i have both cards installed now.

benchmarks runs have them performing pretty close to 60% of the high end cards out there for only $200.

pretty good bang for your buck.

Crossfire is not supposed to be working with PG but i still have about a 20 FPS bump across the board since adding the 2nd card.

i am getting 60- 80 FPS most of the time with an occasional dip into the 40's.

my sons games like Bio shock have doubled in FPS.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users