97 replies to this topic

#61 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:20 PM

I still think PG ball physics are better than Rorys game right now, just wait till final rel.

That said, Ani is much more polished than PG and the crs eyecandy is more attractive

Seems like PG final release is probably a ways off still - Definitely no harm in trying out Rory in the mean time.  I sure hope the devs of PG do, as there are *always* some good ideas you can capture from checking out the other guys..

#62 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:30 PM

Seems like PG final release is probably a ways off still - Definitely no harm in trying out Rory in the mean time. I sure hope the devs of PG do, as there are *always* some good ideas you can capture from checking out the other guys..

I am def going to buy it if it comes to PC, but no use for console ver.

Competition is good

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#63 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

I am def going to buy it if it comes to PC, but no use for comsole ver.
Competition is good

Funny you mention that… I actually specifically got an Xbox one just so I can try out the streaming to the PC for both Rory as well as NHL.

... And at some point I will enjoy also playing perfect golf on the console

#64 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:37 PM

Funny you mention that… I actually specifically got an Xbox one just so I can try out the streaming to the PC for both Rory as well as NHL.
... And at some point I will enjoy also playing perfect golf on the console

Forgot to tell ya Buck, MJ says PG is coming to the Shield, my neighbor has one on his 65 in 4k tv..so awesome

I may pick up the Shield as well

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#65 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

Will the Shield be playing the game natively or streaming it from the PC?

Apparently it's just a matter of time before Windows to XBONE streaming comes (The reverse of what's already been announced of XB to PC).  If it does, that may be how I play PG on my main TV - Streamed from powerful PC.

#66 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

Yup, he runs it thru his home pc gtx970 and streams steam games to the shield thru Steam

#67 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:34 AM

Finally some long gameplay footage (but not on the hardest mode...)

Irrespective of thoughts about EA & # of courses, etc - it's really hard to deny the polish of the "on the tour" feel and atmosphere.  Very very alive feeling with the people milling around, great sounds, etc.

Additionally, I really hope that PG will eventually better emulate the "look" of the ball as it rolls on the surfaces.  I feel that the golf ball simply "looks" more like it's rolling on grasses in these Rory clips.  (or at least it's fooling my mind well - haha)

Looks lovely but do those commentators ever shut up?
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#68 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

Has anyone tried Steam's Big Picture mode?

IIRC, it is supposed to allow you to stream your PC games to your TV. Never tried if myself.

#69 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

I still think PG ball physics are better than Rorys game right now, just wait till final rel.

That said, Ani is much more polished than PG and the crs eyecandy is more attractive

I don't think it's fair to judge the Rory ball physics yet from a video of the arcade mode where you can add or change the spin of the ball at will, during flight.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#70 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

Great atmosphere, love the crowds milling and walking around... courses look absolutely beautiful.    Animations are really nicely done, love the caddy too.  

Give the above, not sure I would like the gameplay... seems like way too many aids, but I would assume you can turn that all off.   Either way, I may think about it if it ever came to PC, but don't have a xbone so....  

#71 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:51 AM

Causing a bit of mischief here..... ;) :ph34r:

.... so, it looks very much like Electronic Arts have cornered the market as far as NBC coverage goes, which will make our US brethren feel right at home.

Do I hear anyone else wondering if Perfect Parallel's tie-in with British Sky Broadcasting could lend a new flavour down the line to our tournament-style coverage, with voiceovers, excellent commentary and wisdom supplied by the likes of David Livingstone, Robert Lee, Sarah Stirk, Bruce Critchley, Ewan Murray, Richard Boxall, Howard Clark, Tim Barter, Wayne Riley.... and dare we wish to throw in expert punditry from Butch Harmon, Colin Montgomerie, Paul McGinley, Dennis Pugh and Mark Roe?

• IanK likes this

#72 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

Has anyone tried Steam's Big Picture mode?

IIRC, it is supposed to allow you to stream your PC games to your TV. Never tried if myself.

I use it on the projector, but for things like PG which still rely on some keystrokes, a keyboard is still required. It's not streaming, it's just making the interface big and easy to use from a distance with a controller. You still need your PC connected to your TV/projector.

#73 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

I can just imagine monty saying "all credit to perfect parallel, we wish them well".

#74 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:21 PM

Great atmosphere, love the crowds milling and walking around... courses look absolutely beautiful.    Animations are really nicely done, love the caddy too.  

Give the above, not sure I would like the gameplay... seems like way too many aids, but I would assume you can turn that all off.   Either way, I may think about it if it ever came to PC, but don't have a xbone so....  

All great stuff Rob - I'm hopeful a video will be making the rounds soon of the hardest mode (assume it's called Sim again) - as that was always *the mode* to play on TW 14.  

I guess the lower modes are to capture more audience since golf games are a tough sell to the general public, but that mode of "changing the shot spin in flight" should NEVER be in a golf game.  Can you imagine if you could alter the shot of the basketball or football during flight in a game?  Simply ridiculous option to have (been saying that since like 2003 when it first showed up)

#75 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

https://www.easports...s/2015/gameplay

Gives details of the modes and game play on offer.

#76 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

https://www.easports...s/2015/gameplay

Gives details of the modes and game play on offer.

Everyone should check out the ball hitting the flagstick at the 00:41 mark of that video...

AWESOME.  I've never seen a ball/flagstick interaction even remotely like that in PG.

...in fact, I still somehow go right through the flagstick a lot.... :-(

#77 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

Everyone should check out the ball hitting the flagstick at the 00:41 mark of that video...

AWESOME.  I've never seen a ball/flagstick interaction even remotely like that in PG.

...in fact, I still somehow go right through the flagstick a lot.... :-(

I have.

#78 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

I have.

Lucky you - Can I get your version of PG?  :-)

Seriously though, Daz - All allegiances to games aside, are there some aspects of the Rory presentation or graphics or polish that you admire and/or find impressive?

Even the most ardent fans of PG have to admit there's some polish to what we're seeing in the Rory release that looks compelling.  Lots of good stuff for the PG devs to emulate in the PG game I think.

#79 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

Lucky you - Can I get your version of PG?

I believe it is on Steam. Perfect Golf v1.3.4.0

Did read a further interesting snippet on EA Rory on a gaming site, referrig to a tweet that EA put out:-

Hopefully you can all be patient on this. More info will come out when it comes out. I wish I could say more. I will say 2 things…

This is not a yearly title and we are very excited about what we are going to be able to provide users of this title.

But yes, just like the twitter account said… “free content updates post-launch”

So looks like they will boosting the course content after release and in the months beyond.

Might yet give this a run on my PS4, as my mate is going to be hassling me to play him online, lol. Looks like EA have gone back to the drawing board and done the game from the ground up an added some neat features that sit really well with the console style of gaming.

Also saw a pic of an online game where you actually see your playing partners playing (while you all play simultaneously). Adds another dimension to the fast play of older games and the 'ghost balls' that TGC has.

image.img.jpg

#80 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

Did read a further interesting snippet on EA Rory on a gaming site, referrig to a tweet that EA put out:-

Hopefully you can all be patient on this. More info will come out when it comes out. I wish I could say more. I will say 2 things…

This is not a yearly title and we are very excited about what we are going to be able to provide users of this title.

But yes, just like the twitter account said… “free content updates post-launch”

It's a good move - A golf game need not have the entire core game get updated yearly, and even though some will squawk about DLC, I don't mind it and I love real licensed courses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users