97 replies to this topic

#21 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:43 AM

Looks great, but with no PC version, I'll never buy it. Being an 'old man', the PC is as far as I'm technically capable or willing to go.

Fair enough. That reason at least has some merit beyond the crowd that just rules out "EA Everything". lol

It's an exciting time for golf games!

#22 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:09 AM

Looks great, but with no PC version, I'll never buy it. Being an 'old man', the PC is as far as I'm technically capable or willing to go.

I am also not interested in anything but a PC version, I won't be buying a console (also an old man). But, seriously, if anyone is in the least bit non-tech savvy then consoles are the way to go. Simply insert a DVD and go.

I watched the video for the new game and have to give credit where credit due, it did look great.

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#23 Billh491

Billh491

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:00 AM

I purchased the Xbox One on black friday for 300 bucks just so I could give it a try. 

#24 marts30

marts30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

I'll play it, or a demo at least... but I hate that EA continue to ignore PC - come onnnnn. Apart from Fifa they just stick to consoles :S

#25 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

I'll play it, or a demo at least... but I hate that EA continue to ignore PC - come onnnnn. Apart from Fifa they just stick to consoles :S

I evaluate any EA release on its own merits (and rapidly dismiss people who simply won't try something because it's EA).

People forget that their different games get farmed out to different studios and who knows how good or bad this version will be as it's a whole new gen since moving on from Tiger relationship.

I will say this - The graphics look to be the *best* out there at this time, no question about that part at least.

Looking forward to trying it, however, I really enjoy playing on PC so it's unlikely it will be my primary golf game.

#26 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

That's by far the best looking golf game I've seen yet. I too am just a PC guy and agree that it is ashame that EA won't release this game for PC. That game looks awesome though!! If there was a PC version, I would definately be buying that today for sure!!

#27 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:42 AM

More gameplay footage.. showing different levels and swing methods...  it has 3 Click!   BUT, no PC version... so, I will not be playing.  

#28 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:21 PM

I concur with those who say that EA abandoning the PC has left a bad taste. EA used to be THE premier PC game maker (I'll never forget Bill Budge's Pinball Construction Set...but I played that on a Commodore 64). If they're just doing it for console I have no interest. If they make a PC version I will consider it with a jaundiced eye. :angry:

#29 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:19 AM

After seeing the screenshot in the link below I'm glad I have a PS4.  ;)

https://scontent-lhr...945127041_o.jpg

-MERACE

#30 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:34 PM

After seeing the screenshot in the link below I'm glad I have a PS4.  ;)

https://scontent-lhr...945127041_o.jpg

-MERACE

Very nice indeed.

Just curious why he is playing on his own? Where is his playing partner?

:D

#31 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:53 PM

Very nice indeed.

Just curious why he is playing on his own? Where is his playing partner?

:D

I guess he had to use the bathroom real fast.  ;)  :D

-MERACE

#32 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

Here he is before he raced to the bathroom.  ;)

http://static.giantb...65089-PGATo.jpg

-MERACE

#33 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:45 PM

Deleted.

Repost

#34 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:47 PM

The lighting and grasses in that video are just jaw dropping awesome.

Very jealous that won't be on PC

#35 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

It does look good but my major gripe with all of the EA TW titles was the fact that the game was just too easy. This is part of the reason that I've moved away from TGC towards PG.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#36 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:30 PM

It does look good but my major gripe with all of the EA TW titles was the fact that the game was just too easy. This is part of the reason that I've moved away from TGC towards PG.

You must be better than me my friend!

TW14's sim mode was very challenging I thought.
Should be interesting to see the difficulty of mastering Tour mode

I posted in Feature Requests about textures again. I really really hope the U5 transition can enable PG to look better. There's so much good in PG, but the grass textures and elements of the lighting are truly "old" looking for a 2015 game (unfortunately)

#37 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:18 PM

You must be better than me my friend!TW14's sim mode was very challenging I thought.Should be interesting to see the difficulty of mastering Tour modeI posted in Feature Requests about textures again. I really really hope the U5 transition can enable PG to look better. There's so much good in PG, but the grass textures and elements of the lighting are truly "old" looking for a 2015 game (unfortunately)

I gave up with TW games 5 years ago Buck so I've not played TW 14. I'll be honest, I can forgive slightly dated texturing if the game is game is superior to the competition. After all, you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire!
WWG1WGA

#38 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

I gave up with TW games 5 years ago Buck so I've not played TW 14. I'll be honest, I can forgive slightly dated texturing if the game is game is superior to the competition. After all, you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire!

That's too bad as you missed some great golf on TW14 sim mode.

I mostly agree about the graphics forgiveness, but it's just hard to see games that look so good and not get that on PG. For me a huge part of playing real golf is the beauty and I'm always wanting the virtual experience to be as gorgeous as technology allows.

Along these lines, have you seen the graphics in the new Project Cars (PC, PS + XBOX).
Jaw dropping.

#39 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

That's too bad as you missed some great golf on TW14 sim mode.
I mostly agree about the graphics forgiveness, but it's just hard to see games that look so good and not get that on PG. For me a huge part of playing real golf is the beauty and I'm always wanting the virtual experience to be as gorgeous as technology allows.
Along these lines, have you seen the graphics in the new Project Cars (PC, PS + XBOX).
Jaw dropping.

Perhaps I'll pick TW 14 up cheap from eBay.
My children bought Project Cars for my birthday. Superb graphics, but the cars are tough to drive well.
WWG1WGA

#40 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

Perhaps I'll pick TW 14 up cheap from eBay.
My children bought Project Cars for my birthday. Superb graphics, but the cars are tough to drive well.

K,

Are you using a wheel/pedals or either of XBOX or PS4 controllers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users