Photo

Is there gonna be ways to earn free credits for this game?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

WGT offers survey's and video ads to earn credits to buy golfballs and clubs. Will this game offer anything to earn free credits?

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Free credits to be used for what?

#3 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

WGT offers survey's and video ads to earn credits to buy golfballs and clubs. Will this game offer anything to earn free credits?

Most of us are praying that PP doesn't go down the road of purchasing anything that would be essentially buying your proficiency in the game.

• Turner likes this

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#4 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Most of us are praying that PP doesn't go down the road of purchasing anything, that would be essentially be buying your proficiency in the game.

could be a deal breaker for some

• fungolfer likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#5 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

definatly!

Who cares...

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

We will not support the concept of buying better skills, clubs that go further etc.  But as we have posted in other threads we do believe that there are things that change over time such as club grooves, etc.  As to in game points I am sure there will be some sort of system but we really have not looked into it yet

• remers likes this

#7 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

We will not support the concept of buying better skills, clubs that go further etc.  But as we have posted in other threads we do believe that there are things that change over time such as club grooves, etc.  As to in game points I am sure there will be some sort of system but we really have not looked into it yet

Orange Text = Hurrah!

:D

#8 =DCS=JoeMamma2

=DCS=JoeMamma2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Will there be anti-cheat measures such as Punk Buster, or similar?

#9 egonweber

egonweber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Ok great to know this game is a skilled challenge and not the best cheaterengines win.
A little short question, we get better during practice and many played hours, so probably move tiers and tees up. When that happy day comes we get the Tip(parkinglot) we had been need to get better drivers on the way back. Irons wedges and putter can still be the set we start with, if they have a good trajectory and range.

Egon

#10 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

As to in game points I am sure there will be some sort of system but we really have not looked into it yet

PLEASE! No tokens! Yikes! :o

#11 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

So your not going to have to buy clubs or balls,  is this correct? They have to have some idea how much it is going to cost to play.Does anyone have some idea what that amount might be.

#12 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

So your not going to have to buy clubs or balls,  is this correct? They have to have some idea how much it is going to cost to play.Does anyone have some idea what that amount might be.

Regards the cost, I'd presume it would be much like any PC/Console games you can buy these days. Whether they will also include micro-transations for additional DLC, I'm sure PP will tell us nearer the time. The game is way off yet, so I don't see the point fretting over costs at this time.

Have you ever played Links 2003?

This isn't like the TW, WGT type game where you buy things to give your player added attributes. It's basically a golf game with great gameplay, where the emphasis is on actually playing the game at your chosen skill/swing combination.

All club and apparel that you give to your player animation are purely cosmetic. There is no +10 yard shirts, +10% accuracy caps, +10% stamina trousers etc.

I don't mind if PP have several equipment/clothing brands in the game and you may have to earn credits to 'unlock' these. But I'd rather not see the gameplay fudged just because you are wearing a yellow shirt, tartan trousers and are using a 'powerbomb' golf ball.

;)

• fungolfer likes this

#13 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Don't knock tartan troosers until you've tried them lol

See profile pic!
  • Greg Putnam and ✠ davef ✠ like this

#14 DAZZA501

DAZZA501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBransgore, Hampshire, UK

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

So if there's no clubs or balls to buy then how will PP make money? Monthly subscriptions are a big no no for me and i'm sure a lot of others will feel the same.

#15 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

So if there's no clubs or balls to buy then how will PP make money? Monthly subscriptions are a big no no for me and i'm sure a lot of others will feel the same.

If you want to play offline you will just buy the game - if you want to play online you will pay a monthly/yearly subscription fee.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#16 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Monthly or yearly subscriptions are the main source of keeping a company alive and profitable.  The reason other installed golf games failed in the past to be supported by the originators of the software was because there was "no money" coming in after the disks were sold.

This company "PP" does not want to fool around with micro-transactions and we long time golfers who have played every golf game that was ever released are happy to pay a monthly or yearly subscription

Your take on "others will feel the same way" about  earning credits to play is not accurate, sorry.  Keep in mind, especially after viewing the videos of this game that the graphics and the games User Interface will be far superior than any other golf game produced in the past.

• Greg Putnam likes this

#17 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

So what the heck is the difference? You pay like 20$ a month for balls or/and clubs. Or you pay like 10$ a month for the ability to play online.

Not sure if I'm getting anything right on what you want to say... :o

Who cares...

#18 DAZZA501

DAZZA501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

So what the heck is the difference? You pay like 20$ a month for balls or/and clubs. Or you pay like 10$ a month for the ability to play online.

Not sure if I'm getting anything right on what you want to say... :o

If i'm good enough to keep myself in balls and clubs then i wouldn't need to pay a cent.

#19 DAZZA501

DAZZA501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Monthly or yearly subscriptions are the main source of keeping a company alive and profitable.  The reason other installed golf games failed in the past to be supported by the originators of the software was because there was "no money" coming in after the disks were sold.

This company "PP" does not want to fool around with micro-transactions and we long time golfers who have played every golf game that was ever released are happy to play a monthly or yearly subscription

Your take on "others will feel the same way" about  earning credits to play is not accurate, sorry.  Keep in mind, especially after viewing the videos of this game that the graphics and the games User Interface will be far superior than any other golf game produced in the past.

The graphics are ok but i'm used to the HD photo courses from WGT so graphics and the real photo aren't really comparable IMHO.

#20 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

While my background with WGT is minimal is that really a fair comparison? PP's graphics are a digital representation, while WGT is essentially a photograph. It would be no different than say comparing a game like Call of Duty to a group of servicemen gathering for a group photo. While Call of Duty is an amazing representation it probably doesn't look as realistic as an actual photo. It's when they both attempt to relate to the world around them that you might see a difference.

• Nemesis likes this

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users