Photo

Is there gonna be ways to earn free credits for this game?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

The graphics are ok but i'm used to the HD photo courses from WGT so graphics and the real photo aren't really comparable IMHO.

What PC Golf games have you played in the past?  I am talking about installed golf games, not browser golf.

#22 itsmb8

itsmb8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

personally, i think going with an in-game XP type thing for attributes (ex. TW EA) would be best, and choosing clubs, balls, apparel for free, only if they match your sponsorship deal.  Then their could be a minor boost for better clubs, or better vision with Oakley sunglasses during a sunny day than no sunglasses at all.  The boosts would have to make sense and be realistic for it to work though.

#23 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:09 AM

Monthly subscription?...No thanks....I'll stick to WGT Golf....Best online game in the world and will probably stay there for along time!!

#24 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

Amusing posts.. thanks for ther read gents.

I think we can see there is a varied opinion on what we all seek. No-one likes continued costs naturally, especially once a game is purchased. However, we want the game to be continually supported, and the shelf life to be longer than the basic 1-3 months. The inclusion of a Course Designer will enable the game to compete with some big titles that see add-ons regularly released. The game of Links was possibly an example of how long a game can live without being developed further, but encouraging the online community to keep it alive and expand it themselves. Technology these days has surpassed anything expected, except the guys here at PP.

There is likely little to be gained in discussing how costs will be incurred, but Andrew's reply was good to hear he shares the same view as myself. Whilst many believe a game of golf is about what clubs you carry and how far they go, you can't forget course management. Nothing like laying up short, to use your favourite club to the green.. who needs Woods in your bag when playing narrow fairways etc.. this isn't something I'd like to see become spoiled in what costs can be added etc. Personalising a set of clubs however, maybe an area that can be ventured into.. regarding specific angled heads, however like any golfer, when you're out there... you're out there. This isn't going to be an arcade game with clubs having improved boosts etc..

When the time is right to discuss costs, I'm sure we'll revisit this...

• FixAmer1st likes this

#25 TeenZ

TeenZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

I think the graphics of WGT are poor and I do not like them much at all. I'm very happy I don't play it for many reasons. Their credit system is there to milk you of money.

• J.H.Buchanan likes this

#26 tongpo

tongpo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Tiger woods online was by far the best online golf game ever if perfect parrallel can better that then i cannot wait to play it

#27 thatcanadianguy

thatcanadianguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

I am sorry but the concept of WGT is that it is a Free Online Golf Sim and anyone came play it for free and play it as long as they want to for free,  I played WGT for almost a

year before I bought anything and even then I did not have to use my own money. I had made enough through playing tournaments and doind the surveys to earn my credits. I have now been at WGT for over 3 years and have not spent a dime. If PG charges a monthly or yearly fee, then I think it is going to turn off alot of potential players from WGT

#28 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

If I dare approach the WGT issue of comparison, am I right in asking there are only a limited available of Golf Courses available..?

Granted, the concept of WGT is a free to play game, it does try and offer those who wish to expand the experience the ability for those to do so. Like everything, if you enjoy something, you may choose to support it. Those who do choose to support WGT wouldn't necessarily be put off doing the same if they enjoyed this experience too. As long as you have the choice, most are happy to try before they commit further, which is as it perhaps should be. However, that should not become the only option of progression. I'd personally rather have more options than less..

#29 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

I am sorry but the concept of WGT is that it is a Free Online Golf Sim and anyone came play it for free and play it as long as they want to for free,  I played WGT for almost a

year before I bought anything and even then I did not have to use my own money. I had made enough through playing tournaments and doind the surveys to earn my credits. I have now been at WGT for over 3 years and have not spent a dime. If PG charges a monthly or yearly fee, then I think it is going to turn off alot of potential players from WGT

I must be judging their humanitarian efforts quite wrong then, because I see the concept of WGT as a way to draw people in, get them addicted, and then make as much money from them as possible.

• Davefevs, Keith and remers like this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#30 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

Aaahh.. now there's I thinking I said it so much better lol..

#31 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

We won't support 'pay to win' but as in real golf you may be able to acquire equipment that is better suited to your game. Our aim is to recreate the real 'golf world' as much as possible and there is no doubt at all that this is part of the real game. Depending on your swing tempo you may well need different shafts or ball type than someone else etc

#32 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

We won't support 'pay to win' but as in real golf you may be able to acquire equipment that is better suited to your game. Our aim is to recreate the real 'golf world' as much as possible and there is no doubt at all that this is part of the real game. Depending on your swing tempo you may well need different shafts or ball type than someone else etc

Can you recreate a 20+ year old second hand set of prosimmon blades with not much of the grooves left? I can then bring my real stiicks to PG!! Or my metal 3-wood with a nice purple ladies shaft in it. Playing only 4 or 5 rounds a year, can't justify buying some new kit!

Seriously, having the ability to suit your equipment to your game is something worthwhile. Especially when you consider the different types of play required to play say a links course versus a Us target type course.

#33 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

If PP is ran like WGT and PP does not manipulate the game, and keeps the price of equipment realistic to a video game ,they will make money be successful and draw a lot of WGT and other golf games players. This is a fact ,the only complaint the players have now at WGT is the control WGT has on the game and the price of the equipment eliminate those problems and you have 110% success garanteed

#34 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

hell be truthful people will run from WGT to get to a decent game it is such a mundane piece of crap they got going on

not even worth the waste of time to learn damn zombie graphics i stopped by there a few days ago and 1 hole was enough to tell me why 

i don't play there,as for PP following anything WGT is doing . i doubt that will happen as im sure they see it is just a pig wearing lipstick,bad thing is it is still ugly as hell.lol

hell if i wanted to look at pics of courses i would google em not go to play a game that uses that crap for graphics,what a laugh.

now wanna know how i really feel about WGT...ROTFLMAO

• miziuno007 likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#35 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Come on Dave , if you just went to WGT you started as a Hack with starter clubs and starter ball. The graphics are very very good, the courses are as real as they get. The down fall is they WGT control the out come of the shot way to much, as you go up in tiers the price for equipment gets way out of hand,and they went from 2 to 3 new courses a year to just one. The reason I am looking for a new game is the down fall reasons I just mentioned,and that is 95%  of the reason other WGT players are looking at PP. You can't even compare the graphics of WGT to lets say Links, or Tiger Wood they are so cartoonish it's not funny. PPs graphics are great we just have to see how they handle the pricing and play of the clubs and balls.What I meant by PP following WGT is the free game,and offering better clubs and balls to the players but at a reasonable rate.  

#36 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

and you don't think the graphics here are not on the same lines as links and tw,don't know what you are looking at but they sure look that way to me

as for WGTs mode of graphics duh pics of a course at least they could have been a little creative,and as for nothing moving in the graphics just makes that game stagnant

as hell and very boring for some

enough about that dog

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#37 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Come on Dave , if you just went to WGT you started as a Hack with starter clubs and starter ball. The graphics are very very good, the courses are as real as they get. The down fall is they WGT control the out come of the shot way to much, as you go up in tiers the price for equipment gets way out of hand,and they went from 2 to 3 new courses a year to just one. The reason I am looking for a new game is the down fall reasons I just mentioned,and that is 95%  of the reason other WGT players are looking at PP. You can't even compare the graphics of WGT to lets say Links, or Tiger Wood they are so cartoonish it's not funny. PPs graphics are great we just have to see how they handle the pricing and play of the clubs and balls.What I meant by PP following WGT is the free game,and offering better clubs and balls to the players but at a reasonable rate.  

WGT uses real HD photo's of courses, so you're not gonna get much more real (appearance wise) than that. Shame the gameplay sucks.

Gotta love cartoons.........

wide2.jpg

• Davefevs likes this

#38 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

That was my point Daz, WGT has outstanding graphics, just like PP. It is  Links and TW that are not in comparison 

#39 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#40 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

In my mind it's a massive stretch to call what WGT has, as "graphics". They aren't computer generated objects. Their simply photographs.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users