Photo

Is there gonna be ways to earn free credits for this game?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

WGT is a great game once you get some decent clubs in the bag....going into it is rough with the standard WGT crap clubs they give you.I use to play TW Online a couple years ago....and to me it doesn't hold a candle to WGT. Right now it's the best game out there hands down....you can wait for PP to launch, but from the looks of it you'll be waiting a long long long time.

#42 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

In my mind it's a massive stretch to call what WGT has, as "graphics". They aren't computer generated objects. Their simply photographs.

i got to aggree with you,using pics is just another way to cheapen up things for them it also shortcuts them having to have good tech people to keep things up and running proper. the pics are ok but my biggest problem with zombie golf is there is no movement in these pics if the wind is blowing 10mph the trees are still,no birds flying no bugs,

butterflies,or any other kinds of critters,not a damn thing is moving.  the only thing WGT has going on that keeps people there is that you can play for FREE i bet if they pulled the free out of it it would turn into a zombie grave yard.lol because anyone who went there to check it out would play a hole or two and be asking for their money back.

for any wanting to claim they are paying for anything there i just laugh.

but then again it reminds me of an old saying

a fool and their money,are soon parted.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#43 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

The biggest problem with picture based games like WGT is you can't create your own content for them and new content is obviously very difficult for them to create looking at the number of new courses they release.

PerfectGolf doesn't have these issues and in fact the entire idea is based around community creation and interactivity. We just want to place the systems in place for you to create your own courses, tours and clubs and then have fun playing with your friends and competitors. You'll be able to create your own golf worlds.

• Unique and TimBoch like this

#44 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Ok, I'll try this again.. So, were going to get a game and the only courses we will see are the ones that Users Create?  

Next question, is PP going to have some kind of online server , so we can play together, or is this going to be just what we have right now over at coursedownloads.com?  We design all the courses we want, real or fictional then people play together on Gameranger or whatever?  If that's the case, then I'm out... That is just what turned me off from playing the TigerWoods 08 series and I would say that is what dropped participation to an all time low...

Although I still love to design and still do but as far as playing the way we have to without servers, its just no fun...  I think I've heard of games where you "create your own worlds", never liked them...

If' I'm way off base and totally wrong, then I hope someone clarifies it for me....

Thank you.

Sorry to the original poster for going wayyyyy off point...

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#45 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Axe, unsure of your background regarding what you've been used to, as it seems it's mainly TW related..?

What I would say, is whilst the elements of how we can build our online experiences have yet to be divulged, I wouldn't write it off based on the TW experience. I'd be surprised if the guys here at PP can give everyone what they all want.. it wouldn't need the online Community it asks for, if so. Both the old two golf games of TW and Links depended upon their community of golfers to continue the game, and take it further too. Playing with servers, as you point out, isn't something that comes along simply straight away either. Maybe we've been spoiled by some other games regarding playing on company servers, but i miss the olden days sometimes when you have to directly link to play other gamers. All I'd offer, is don't give up so easily just yet... there are many out there with alot more ability and know-how, than in the early days when we started out enjoying an online game.

What were some of those early platforms that supported Links online..? Wish I could recall them all, as only things like Cases Ladder come to mind, but I'm sure Microsoft had an online home of games playing everything from board games to card games that also hosted Links and a few other named titles...man, my mind is going rusty...

#46 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Thanks IanD, I will keep an open mind, that doesn't cost anything. LOL.. However, what I am used to is a complete game with a set of PGA TOUR Courses to play on an online server with friends and acquaintances. TWO is not in my vocabulary. It was a horrible game from the first minute I started beta testing a few years ago... But the PC Series were most enjoyable the way they were set up.. You could play on the company server, which btw had IMO the best online way to play golf, it was very user friendly...

You could also play direct to each other still can..

I'm not to sure about this type of format, where the community builds it's own golf world. I was hoping for a game that shipped with PGA TOUR courses with the ability to add on..

Although I will admit, PP has already showed me they can blow away the competition with graphics...

All in all, I will stick around to see what happens, it just may not be my cup of tea but that's ok, it's not like I'm addicted to golf on the PC.... B)

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#47 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Good man..!

As for expecting the PGA Courses pronto, well, we know the costs involved in acquiring the licences to do that, coupled with a game. However, released freely by the users of Course Forge and there are fewer problems in all that red tape. I would not be surprised to see a few courses in the PGA library appear soon after things happen here too. If I know several Links Designers, they are likely involved or have accummulated all the data needed ready for this. Add to that, alot here may have also designed on both the Links and TW games, then they already have a big advantage - they know the course already. It's simply changing a format..

Expect good things.. !

#48 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

WGT is a great game once you get some decent clubs in the bag....going into it is rough with the standard WGT crap clubs they give you.I use to play TW Online a couple years ago....and to me it doesn't hold a candle to WGT. Right now it's the best game out there hands down....you can wait for PP to launch, but from the looks of it you'll be waiting a long long long time.

How long does getting decent clubs in the bag take or cost?

I signed up when it first came out years ago (with 9 holes only) and still get the emails now, about new balls and clubs being available, but they all come at a price. Similar to how TWO played out. You can progress up the ability ladder with better clubs and balls if you put your hand in your pocket and pay hard cash for the privilege.

Add to that the fact that WGT has the worst swingmeter out of any of Links 2003, TW 2008, TWO etc. it just doesn't appeal to me.

Also any comparisons of WGT courses to Links, Tw 2008, TWO, JN etc. are wasted, as you are comparing photo's to computer generated terrain, which also allows more freedom of movement within the course than WGT ever can.

I now refer to WGT as Wasting Golf Time.

;)

• Davefevs, SJude and ✠ davef ✠ like this

#49 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

@axe - might be worth you taking a look at the links 'tours' like OWGC (online world golf something!). Although it is a user created tour from the guys at APCD, it follows the real life US and Euro tours, playing the real courses where they are available (been created by many populating these forums). It is really well run, and although numbers are down on where there were a few years ago, gives us link sters a regular dose of competitive handicapped golf.

I can envisage similar community based tours being created for PG. I think that is part of the vision. We pay APCD $20 pa to play on the tour and get forum membership and course downloads thrown in.

Out of interest did TW have every course on the PGA or did they re-use where not created?

Although OWGT does allow you to play your round with other competitors I never have. I used to love having a game of Links2001 online via Microsoft!

#50 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

@axe - might be worth you taking a look at the links 'tours' like OWGC (online world golf something!). Although it is a user created tour from the guys at APCD, it follows the real life US and Euro tours, playing the real courses where they are available (been created by many populating these forums). It is really well run, and although numbers are down on where there were a few years ago, gives us link sters a regular dose of competitive handicapped golf.

I can envisage similar community based tours being created for PG. I think that is part of the vision. We pay APCD $20 pa to play on the tour and get forum membership and course downloads thrown in.

Out of interest did TW have every course on the PGA or did they re-use where not created?

Although OWGT does allow you to play your round with other competitors I never have. I used to love having a game of Links2001 online via Microsoft!

Thank you Dave, CGX Tour has been building PGA courses and they do play along with the tour for TW's as do several other sites.  I am not into that stuff, I just liked to play a casual game with folks when the servers were up, now that they are not, I don't like to play so much that I am willing to jump thru the hoops that you now have to, just to play a game...

Designing is what has kept me in the game..

TW's PGA TOUR came with 10 to 15 courses, mostly Tour courses made to realistic dimensions.. Of course it has an course architect where users have been building every course imaginable and still cooking... Although since the servers went down, the community has dropped dramatically...

I guess I was under a very wrong impression of what PG was going to be but that may not be a bad thing as I have been waiting for something new for a long time now and I am open to new things...

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#51 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

We'll be creating course content too Axe and our aim is to have loads of people competing online together in tournaments if they so wish which simply isn't possible if you just play peer to peer.

Some people seem to like to be force fed what other people think they want but that's not our aim. I've seen what online communities can accomplish when given the tools and trust me, it's usually WAY more fun for everyone involved. 

• Nemesis, Davefevs and ✠ davef ✠ like this

#52 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Now that, sounds very good Mike.. Thank you for the info, it helps a lot.. :D

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#53 jedi_mike

jedi_mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

I signed up when it first came out years ago (with 9 holes only) and still get the emails now, about new balls and clubs being available, but they all come at a price. Similar to how TWO played out. You can progress up the ability ladder with better clubs and balls if you put your hand in your pocket and pay hard cash for the privilege.

Add to that the fact that WGT has the worst swingmeter out of any of Links 2003, TW 2008, TWO etc. it just doesn't appeal to me.

Also any comparisons of WGT courses to Links, Tw 2008, TWO, JN etc. are wasted, as you are comparing photo's to computer generated terrain, which also allows more freedom of movement within the course than WGT ever can.

I now refer to WGT as Wasting Golf Time.

;)

im not promoting wgt in any way, i play golfstar  myself, but u can get a whole set of clubs in wgt in about 2 weeks if u spend about a hour and half each day looking at videos.i played an 18 hole rd  last week and got about  400 views in that rd.one thing i hate about wgt is that its to freakin slow to play a rd.

#54 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

;)

here ya go DAZ i was talking with a friend today who was being honest with me he is a level 52 and he told me his clubs cost him 50 bucks

and i cant remember what he said a sleeve of balls cost but he did tell me if you hit any in the water they are gone maybe they should also sell ball retrivers.lol

oh i know why it would more then likely be to hard to get the ball out of a pic of water.lol

he went on further to tell me as he moves up in levels he will be buying more clubs as they come unlocked. what a hoot you get all that for free.lol

just another game where the guy with the money wins the game, i sure hope this is not what is going to happen here

like i said before if they took the free out of it then only the guys with deep pockets would be playing

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#55 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

im not promoting wgt in any way, i play golfstar  myself, but u can get a whole set of clubs in wgt in about 2 weeks if u spend about a hour and half each day looking at videos.i played an 18 hole rd  last week and got about  400 views in that rd.one thing i hate about wgt is that its to freakin slow to play a rd.

So to aid progress in the game, without spending any money, you actually don't play the game. Instead you watch video clips to earn credits?

That sounds logical, lol.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#56 Razor

Razor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCentral OR - Tucson AZ

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

I've been playing WGT for nearly a year now. While I like it and get a lot of enjoyment from it it is quite expensive. You can play for free. But to advance you need to buy clubs and balls. You can spend your own money or earn credits. Now earning credits takes time. I probably have averaged about 200 - 250 credits an hour. That comes out to $2 to $2.50 and hour. What is minimum wage now?

I have spent about $400 worth in "free" credits. I think that this might be a clue on why I'm here. I hope that this game will not cost an arm and a leg. I have banked enough credits to last me untell the end of the year, so I hope that this will be out by then.

ray

ray

#57 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

In my opinion I think that community created courses are the way to go.  First we need a couple of courses created by PP for PG.  After that, let the PG community rank courses they like best so others know which designers are making good progress.

My other thought is that there would be no licensing fees if the designers are golfers, not PP personnel.

#58 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

Exactly!

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#59 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

I've been playing WGT for nearly a year now. While I like it and get a lot of enjoyment from it it is quite expensive. You can play for free. But to advance you need to buy clubs and balls. You can spend your own money or earn credits. Now earning credits takes time. I probably have averaged about 200 - 250 credits an hour. That comes out to $2 to $2.50 and hour. What is minimum wage now?

I have spent about $400 worth in "free" credits. I think that this might be a clue on why I'm here. I hope that this game will not cost an arm and a leg. I have banked enough credits to last me untell the end of the year, so I hope that this will be out by then.

ray

ray

So as an average 200 credits an hour for $2.

You have spent approx. $400 of free credits.

That would be approx 200 hrs to gain those credits (40,000). That's just over 8 full days of your time. Geez.

Minimum wage here in UK (for 21yrs old and over) from Oct 1st will be £6.31, which is currently $9.34 compared to $2-2.50 WGT pay, lol.

;)

#60 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

So as an average 200 credits an hour for $2.

You have spent approx. $400 of free credits.

That would be approx 200 hrs to gain those credits (40,000). That's just over 8 full days of your time. Geez.

Minimum wage here in UK (for 21yrs old and over) from Oct 1st will be £6.31, which is currently $9.34 compared to $2-2.50 WGT pay, lol.

;)

Dedication at it's finest ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users