161 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Now available in our downloads section.  Please post any feedback or bugs... 

Perfect Parallel Team

Attached Files

• Erik Lugris likes this

#2 BionicWolf

BionicWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Just downloaded and extracted/installed without a hitch on my Win7 rig- All features seemed working/functional but for the life of me I didn't see a way to close the program. I alt-tabbed out and simply closed the window. I'll be red-faced if  I missed the key to exit the program...Looks pretty slick and works great-TY

Edit- Seems login information cannot be saved...also tried various resolutions with no problems-

Thank you

• Erik Lugris likes this

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

got mine also to work,i closed mine by bringing up the task manager control,alt,delete  together will bring it up i had to do it twice

for those that may not know. now have to get this thing figured out. how ever i will say the graphics look great.and wondering if there will be a way to turn the stuff off on the screen when a game comes. and thanks andrew for getting something out for us to get busy testing as im sure you will get a lot of good feedback on. 

thanks again PP

• Erik Lugris likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#4 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

i cant get past the login screen on the new build, plus i cant even change my password, says invalid security key..

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

i cant get past the login screen on the new build, plus i cant even change my password, says invalid security key..

when you log in you need to log in over the text in the boxes so you dont see username and password, and use your password from the forums here.

i got right in.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Added a large image of the splash screen to the first post

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#7 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Great to be able to finally have a look around. I'm using the Microsoft (xbox) controller - just wish I could invert y-axis, as I always do on games!

From the first quick look the physics seem reasonable, although the ground roll for semi and deep rough looks wrong. Far too smooth and in slow motion. The ball would bump around, and come to a stop much more abruptly in these lies.

The tree collision detection is the thing that worries me the most though. The ball is ricocheting a good 3 feet away from the actual tree branches. I'm not sure this sort of inaccuracy is going to be acceptable to many players, as bad collisions have always been a bugbear in past golf games. Also, many of the tree branches aren't actually attached to the trees. :huh: 

• Erik Lugris likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

We have done nothing to even begin to look at tree collisions to this date, you will notice that there are no pin collisions either.  The purpose of this release is to allow everyone to take a look at the physics and if they want to suggest some of their own settings they would like to see in the game, hence the Physics Alpha Build title.  One of the challenges you have is the community pleads to be given content to test and you hold off giving it to them because you know that if you do they will look at it from the perspective of a finished product and form an opinion of where you will be with the finished product. 

Having said that I understand your desire to have accurate collisions in the game. 

#9 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

I can not get in at all used my username and password from here nothing what am I doing wrong thanks

#10 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

I am certainly not judging it in anything like the perspective of a finished product. I mentioned the collisions because in my opinion they ARE part of the physics, and an important one that needs to be addressed.

• Erik Lugris likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

A quick way to shutdown the Ball Physics ALPHA programme is whilst you are in it just press ALT+F4 together.

;)

• Erik Lugris likes this

#12 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

Yep, all comments are welcome!

• Erik Lugris likes this

#13 ed dawson

ed dawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for the little taster.  Are there any specific areas you want pounding out - I know it's going to take me a little while to get used to the new functions but if you could give some examples of what you want it could save you having to field a load of feed-back relative to areas you aren't scrutinising.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#14 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

wow it is different. having a little trouble remembering the hot keys. Having trouble aiming the shooter ( ball launcher )  and the flag. Can move the launcher but have a hard time then seeing the flag

• Erik Lugris likes this

#15 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

Any tips on how to see the flag and aim the launcher?

• Erik Lugris likes this

#16 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

1. No ability to zoom down.

2. Ball could be bigger, quite hard to see.

3. No reflections from rocks or steel grate..

4. Would be nice to have a ball cam that followed right behind the ball. Unless I missed it?

• Erik Lugris likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#17 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

1. No ability to zoom down.  

2. Ball could be bigger, quite hard to see.  Due to our real world physics the ball needs to be the exact same size as a real golf ball, and yes I agree that does make it small and hard to see.  That is why we added the contrail for those who did not want a solid tracer but wanted to see where the ball went on long shots.  It does raise an interesting problem for the game thought

3. No reflections from rocks or steel grate.. We left out reflections because we wanted everyone to be able to play this version on their machines (hopefully) and will probably add those in a more intense graphics version as a test later.  

4. Would be nice to have a ball cam that followed right behind the ball. Unless I missed it? Yes it was in the spec but we removed it at the last minute to get the release released.  Maybe put it in next release.

Thanks for the comments....

• Erik Lugris likes this

#18 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

playing some wedge shots out of the rough back into the fairway, fairway uphill when shots landed they started to roll down a slight incline

and they rolled very slowly for a very long time. i did 10 shots spaced  apart on the same incline and it happened with all.

does anyone know of a way to do screen shots i keep trying the print screen but all i get is the log in page.

the print screen thing happens also onTW08 when trying to do it,so i guess that just must be a problem with something else

• Erik Lugris likes this

Klipsch Sound System

#19 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

YVW Andrew. I do think you will need to do some adjustments to the ball so that you can see it better, longer.. Looks like it kind of flickers.. I don't know..

• Erik Lugris likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#20 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

larry

thanks for the link to the caps program,have had 2 more computers since the beta on TWO so i had lost track of that

i think it was you who hooked me up with it over there.lol small world

• Erik Lugris likes this

Klipsch Sound System

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users