#21 alannala

alannala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationKent, England

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

I also can not get past the log in screen. Just in case it matters I am on Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

#22 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

A few known issues:

No collisions on some objects

Colliders on trees are currently set to Unity default bounding box ie concrete!. We have a proposed custom collision system for trees and veg which will be much more satisfactory.

Ball roll friction bug - the ball fails to stop rolling on slopes no matter what the roll friction values are set to

No object reflections on water - currently disabled for initial test build. Future builds will have more graphics options to enable dynamic reflections

#23 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

(Big, audible, passive-aggressive sigh). And once again, the Mac users get punished... even by an outfit flying the plattform agnostics banner and using a cross-plattform game engine like Unity. Bodes ill... All you guys out there have fun, though!

• Erik Lugris, Brucey Mc and Lukas like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#24 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

thanks for the opportunity to have a play around with this.

managed to hit the driver max distance 292yds, but can I just ask what the fairway conditions represent as once landed the ball doesn`t seem to roll far enough.

putting, ball seems to run very slowly, but havn`t messed with that to much so far.

anyway will keep on testing.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#25 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

Problem, as soon as I go into the program the whole scene starts spinning around at some pace. If I hit a shot it shows a bird eyes view and start spinning again?

• Erik Lugris likes this

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#26 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Problem, as soon as I go into the program the whole scene starts spinning around at some pace. If I hit a shot it shows a bird eyes view and start spinning again?

Could be caused by a joystick/gamepad you have plugged in, as the program detects the Microsoft controller. If you have anything connected, try removing it.

• Erik Lugris likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#27 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

A few points:

Why is the ball height in metric while everything else is imperial?

The aim on a gamepad is too sensitive.

100% power seems too low for testing the putting.

Is there any way to reset to default terrain settings without quitting and restarting?

What does the save do? No message, or visible difference when clicked on.

Doesn't remember my screen resolution when restarting, but does remember graphics quality, and mouse on/off. :huh: 

I presume 3 launch properties on right affect shots played from texture, and others affect ball landing on texture?

• Erik Lugris likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#28 J_Schollmeyer

J_Schollmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Excuse my dumb question because I'm no designer only a player. Do I have to install Unity 3D to run Perfect Golf Physics Alpha Test? I can reach the main screen but nothing is happening if I hit the hot keys.

Juergen

• Erik Lugris likes this

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz

4GB RAM

Samsung SSD 840 Series

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (1GB RAM)

Samsung SyncMaster T260HD & T2770 (Resolution: 1920 x 1200)

Windows 7 (64 Bit)

#29 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

Thanks, removing the steering wheel fixed it

• Erik Lugris likes this

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#30 John Griffin

John Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Appreciate the opportunity to finally get to take the environment for a test spin!

My first conclusion is that it did confirm my suspicions about my system - it's very laggy on my older desktop/GPU, which make it very difficult to navigate around.  My problem, not the game's...  I also installed it on my Win7 laptop that doesn't have a great GPU - looks decent and is more smooth, so at least easier to fly around and explore.  But it's got me thinking how much better it might look/navigate with a better system!

About my only comment so far is that there appears to be an inflection point in ball trajectory observed in the tracer shortly after leaving the clubface - almost like the path is linear for a given distance/time, then transitions to a non-linear path that one might expect as spin/wind/etc factors into trajectory.  Seems to be more noticeable with long clubs and especially when viewed from behind the launcher.  Wondering if anyone else has observed this; just seems to be a bit abrupt to me.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#31 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Puttting: I noticed that when the ball hits the cup half in and half out, the ball just sort of disappears into the cup, it doesn't react around the cup like it should...

• Erik Lugris likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#32 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Thanks, removing the steering wheel fixed it

Dunno why but this made me LOL  :lol:

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming:

Putting power need to be set higher for 100%

There are no dedicated hole physics as such at the moment, just simple 'go in' or 'miss'

The save button saves your altered physics settings to database so they can be recalled when you restart. AJ will have to clarify that one.

We had several extra 'to do's' but in the end we ran out of time as we wanted something out for you guys on 'Open' Weekend. We will be doing future physics builds to implement some of your feedback and have extra features and development etc.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#33 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

I also can not get past the log in screen.

How about an answer to this? Please.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#34 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Any tips on how to see the flag and aim the launcher?

You aim the launcher by using the left and right arrow keys.

You can move around the practice range using W, A, S and D keys.

I'm sure these are all explained on the intro screen that appears when you fire up the application.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#35 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

How about an answer to this? Please.

For me it was simply overtyping the Username with my forum username and the Password with my forum password.

Then you set whether you want full screen or not, the resolution and graphics quality.

Then finally click on the pga range and away you go.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#36 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thank You Daz. Didn't work. I type my  log in info user name and  pword click ok and nothing happens.

#37 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Jayme,

1.where it say's Username, just erase that and put in your username,

2.same with Password,

3.then hit ok, wait a sec and you will see the Fullscreen checkbox and just above it you can choose your screen res,

4.then click ok, and it should take a few seconds then you will see a box that say's PGA Range, (see pic)

5.just clik on the area that say's pga range, then it will take a few seconds to load up..

• Erik Lugris likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#38 jedi_mike

jedi_mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Thank You Daz. Didn't work. I type my  log in info user name and  pword click ok and nothing happens.

had same problem, what i did is just retype username/ password. may take 2 or 3 times.or more.. try leaving username/password then clear it by backspace.i finally got it.might want to leave fullscreen unchecked, as i got resolution error.had to reboot and start over.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#39 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Thanks for your help Larry and Mike. I've done what you've both suggested and neither idea worked. I've even tried dl it again to no avail.

(I'm using windows 7 64 bit)

• Erik Lugris likes this

#40 Maverick Spirit

Maverick Spirit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Interesting! Glad to see something I can actually touch and experience. Going to be fun to play around with, even if I'm not 100% positive on what I'm doing, am also glad I read this thread a few times, answered a lot of my initial questions.

Also answered some of the questions I posed a few weeks ago about different texture collisions testing and I'm sure as time goes by, they will be added, textures such as a cart path, rocks and every other type of texture one could think of.

• Erik Lugris likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users