#1 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:21 PM

Hi all,

here are the 1st pictures I took on CP today. The links will show the Unity 4 (1,3) and Unity 5 versions (2,4) :)

1. 22082759ai.jpg

2. 22082761sz.jpg

3. 22082760lp.jpg

4. 22082762vy.jpg

• Jimbo63, Kablammo11, remers and 3 others like this

Who cares...

#2 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

Looks amazing!! How is it on fps compared to unity 4? 

#3 letorgan

letorgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:39 PM

Merci !!!! 

#4 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

I'm not sure what to make of these pictures to be honest. I don't really like the 'pinky' tinge the update seems to have but I guess that could have something to do with the time of day. I think we'll only have a better idea when we get our hands on the game update.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

I'm not sure what to make of these pictures to be honest. I don't really like the 'pinky' tinge the update seems to have but I guess that could have something to do with the time of day. I think we'll only have a better idea when we get our hands on the game update.

I totally agree.  

OP: Are all settings for weather and time of day the same in the U4 vs U5 shots?

I'm looking at shadow directions and to my eyes the primary differences in the shots are related to time of day.

#6 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:26 PM

Looks amazing!! How is on fps compared to unity 4? 

For me it seems like there is no big difference. Maybe a little drop but nothing that would worry me on my swings :)

Who cares...

#7 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:27 PM

All settings should be equal...

Who cares...

#8 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

All settings should be equal...

How can that be?  

The top two shots have the shadow of the pin going in nearly opposite directions?  (am I looking at it wrong?)

What's causing that?

#9 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

For me it seems like there is no big difference. Maybe a little drop but nothing that would worry me on my swings :)

I hate to say this but I'm a little disappointed by the appearance of the update. Having played the game what do you feel about it now fungolfer?
WWG1WGA

#10 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

I hate to say this but I'm a little disappointed by the appearance of the update. Having played the game what do you feel about it now fungolfer?

I hate to agree on this, but I also feel this way.  I guess I was excepting a slightly bigger leap and hopefully textures to be improved (maybe they are and we can't see from these shots?)

That said, I'm definitely going to restrict full judgement until I see/play it on my PC.

• Armand and IanK like this

#11 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:58 PM

Game play is still the same knighters. Putting changed big time and I hate it, but thats my personal opinion.

@ Buck: I started both games U4 and U5 with the same settings (starting time 7am, holes front 9 (2,4,6,8) Not sure if it took me so long that the shadows could be in opposite direction, but actually I didn't take a closer look at that. 

Who cares...

#12 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:00 PM

Game play is still the same knighters. Putting changed big time and I hate it, but thats my personal opinion.
@ Buck: I started both games U4 and U5 with the same settings (starting time 7am, holes front 9 (2,4,6,8) Not sure if it took me so long that the shadows could be in opposite direction, but actually I didn't take a closer look at that.

Thank you fungolfer but I really meant how do you think it looks compared to the Unity 4 version? Shame about the putting.
WWG1WGA

#13 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

Cool - Thx.

If you could please try to take 2 shots of the same scene as close to the same "time" in the game as possible

(perhaps a normal view of putting or on the fairway w/ the avatar in it?)....

Then we could better compare apples to apples

#14 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:08 PM

Thank you fungolfer but I really meant how do you think it looks compared to the Unity 4 version? Shame about the putting.

I think the reason Fun hates the putting now is because PP have done away with the old meter with the flag on it and introduced a standard swingmeter, so long putts are now much more difficult to lag close to the hole.

;)

• nightowl and Greensboronclion like this

#15 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:11 PM

PP have done away with the old meter with the flag on it and introduced a standard swingmeter

I'm personally a fan - Always thought it was too easy to get close from 65ft in current version

#16 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:22 PM

The draw distance looks much better. Trees are more detailed far off.

PG + OGT & MP = Golfing Bliss! 

Steam-ahhyeaa

#17 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:24 PM

The draw distance looks much better. Trees are more detailed far off.

But that's a setting - You can do that right now by dialing that slider up to max

#18 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

I was assuming he had the settings set the same for U4 & U5?

PG + OGT & MP = Golfing Bliss! 

Steam-ahhyeaa

#19 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:26 PM

I was assuming he had the settings set the same for U4 & U5?

We need more clarity  I think - Besides trees in the distance, the time of day appears to be different in the shots (look at flag shadows) as is the weather (no clouds in the U5 at all).

Still surprised we haven't seen any closer shots (like the normal golfer view) - Hopefully soon

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:42 PM

U5 & Speedtree uses a different LOD functionality to what was in U4, so you see a lot less of the billboarding effect with the trees in the far distance.

If your rig can take it, the trees can be cranked up to detail level 6 (default is 2 and goes up in 0.5 increments).

Also, trees now have collision detection, so no more hitting through them with ball flight totally unaffected.

;)

• nightowl, Greensboronclion and rjc3095 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users