373 replies to this topic

#21 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:02 PM

Please provide more detail on the new putting meter; perhaps a screen shot?

Ken

#22 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:07 PM

Please provide more detail on the new putting meter; perhaps a screen shot?

Found one!

Fojack-nicklaus-power-challenge-golf_3s.jp

#23 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:17 PM

Very amusing.... I take it you're not allowed to show the new putting meter. :)

Ken

#24 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:23 PM

Very amusing.... I take it you're not allowed to show the new putting meter. :)

I'm not a tester.  It does seem like they've been directed to not show anything with the avatar/golfer view or putting though

#25 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:41 PM

The new putting meter looks exactly the same as the full shot meter.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#26 capitaine25_

capitaine25_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationQuebec City

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

I don't see any big difference in my honnest opinion, I don't see all the hype .... I will try it when it's released.. but there is still so much to do.. this game shoudn't be released before at least one year...

#27 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:48 PM

Is there just one putting meter, or is there another for shorter range putts? It's going to be awfully difficult to 3 click for a 2 footer with just one full size meter.

• DaShotShapa likes this
Ken

#28 rdh

rdh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:48 PM

Is there any change to shorelines for water?  That's one area TGC is far superior graphically...the shorelines look completely natural with the transparency showing the river/lake floor.  I know this isn't a major issue, but in the current version of PG it really doesn't look good with the sharp/immediate water object taking effect.

I'm also hoping the lighting looks much more like sunlight.  Right now if you compare to TGC (which, as you see, I do) it really does look like yellow sunlight in TGC...not so much in PG.

One more question here...TGC shows the unity engine on its start up screen.  I'm sure there are lots of different ways the engine can be used, but if both are on a similar version of unity then shouldn't all these features be available to each one?

#29 PurpleTurf

PurpleTurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, MN

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:50 PM

Is there just one putting meter, or is there another for shorter range putts? It's going to be awfully difficult to 3 click for a 2 footer with just one full size meter.

Best post in this whole thread.  Love to see this question answered.

• DaShotShapa likes this

#30 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

I'm not a tester.  It does seem like they've been directed to not show anything with the avatar/golfer view or putting though

We have no restrictions on what we are able to post here. It's very easy: I took some screenshots last week on Unity 4 and today I tried to take the exact same Screenshots on Unity 5. I will look if I find some Screenshots with animation in it and will post it tomorrow, once I get up in the morning. I will also post a putt screenie. But the swingmeter looks the same as the one we use for shots, so no secret at all.

Who cares...

#31 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:03 AM

Best post in this whole thread.  Love to see this question answered.

Only 1 swing meter...

Who cares...

#32 PurpleTurf

PurpleTurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, MN

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:11 AM

Only 1 swing meter...

On a level surface, how far does a 100% putt go?  And 2 foot putt do you have to quick click then?

#33 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:42 AM

but there is still so much to do.. this game shoudn't be released before at least one year...

Might be year(s). WGT was in Beta for 5 years, but the sad thing about those guys is they were still charging you money for equipment, balls, ect....Things just take time, not always done overnight which causes frustration amongst players. The Unity 5 looks pretty awesome to me from those pics.

#34 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:44 AM

Might be year(s). WGT was in Beta for 5 years, but the sad thing about those guys is they were still charging you money for equipment, balls, ect....Things just take time, not always done overnight which causes frustration amongst players. The Unity 5 looks pretty awesome to me from those pics.

The trees look better and the grass looks a little better, mainly because the U5 shots are taken with low sun angle time of day.

What else looks so much better in the u5 shots?
I'm just not seeing it... :-(

(And I really really want to...)
  • nightowl likes this

#35 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:07 AM

Glad the putting is more difficult. Happy to hear there is just one meter for both putting and all other shots.  Good that the trees are no longer hollow.

I didn't see or I missed information about any difference in the terrain. Is the rough, tall grass, sand, bushes etc. going emulate real life responses to ball strikes?

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#36 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:09 AM

Good that the trees are no longer hollow.

Agreed - although I file this one under the "I can't believe it wasn't this way to begin with" category.

#37 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:07 AM

The trees look better and the grass looks a little better, mainly because the U5 shots are taken with low sun angle time of day.

What else looks so much better in the u5 shots?
I'm just not seeing it... :-(

(And I really really want to...)

Static screenshots don't do it justice, nor do compressed YouTube videos.  Some things are easy to pick on and will of course undergo tweaking, but overall the new lighting has made a big improvement.

#38 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:15 AM

About the putting meter: if there is only 1 meter for all putts, then I'm going to take a guess that the meter is not linear and that it might be difficult to gauge distance on long putts consistently. Have to see this in action since no one is reporting on it yet.

I liked the putting the way it was; it was innovative and with a little tweaking was going to be just fine. Time will tell on this new method; perhaps it will work out OK. Will withhold judgment of course until new version is out and get to play with it. 

Ken

#39 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:46 AM

...but overall the new lighting has made a big improvement.

Good to hear about the lighting.
I guess was hoping some grass texture work would happen too. Maybe eventually I guess.

#40 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

Hi all,

here are the 1st pictures I took on CP today. The links will show the Unity 4 (1,3) and Unity 5 versions (2,4) :)

1. 22082759ai.jpg

2. 22082761sz.jpg

Have they finished planting on this course? Looking at the overhead, there are considerably less trees/bushes in the Unity 5 screenshot compared to the Unity 4 one..

Good to hear about the putting change.  Sounds more like the TW08 for PC putting system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users