#1 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:59 PM

Well I've decided to throw this topic out there as this I feel is THE main issue of life (death). For some reason most people would rather not have to deal with this subject matter (I think I know but that can come later maybe). If you think about it our span of life is only an atom compared to eternity which is greater amount of time of the amount of atoms from here to the outer edge of space itself.
I believe that God (Father, Son and Spirit) created this whole universe in approx 6000 years. That He created Adam and Eve; they were tempted and succumbed to it(sinned); whereas the Son of God had to die on the Roman cross so man can be free of the sin curse (Genesis 1-3).
I believe the Bible is God's inspired Word and what I call His love book to us.
I am not a scientist (don't have to be) - but if you go to www.icr.org they are what you call creation scientists who can prove (where the odds are so great that out can't be otherwise) that evolution is false. Go on their forums or contact them directly, they would be more than happy to answer ANY questions you may have about creation, evolution etc.
One more thing: Please be civil with no cussing, putting down people for an answer you may not have liked (do it in a civil way) etc. If nothing comes from this thread then so be it - I will not be sad about it- but I felt I had to try.
  • trailblazergolf likes this

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#2 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:10 PM

You are on the right road Pappy and trying is all that any of us can do!

#3 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:18 PM

No.  A very long mythology repeated in many languages and cultures since hominids evoloved into sentient homo sapiens.

A wonderful mythology (seriously) for people who live life in fear of (what happens after death?) or (where did earth and the universe come from?).

I think myhologies of this type are a good sauve to ease the angst of incomprehendible questions inherent in our species.

An atheist was once thought to be a satanist.  Most modern cultures now realize that if one is an atheist there is no room for the devil. Not believing in a god also means not believing in a devil.

Each human chooses to believe (as they get older) what mythology or phylosophy is relevant to their lives.

And very relevant to this topic comes an old quote:  "moraliity is relative" with or without a belief system.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#4 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:18 PM

Guys I have no problem with who anyone is or what they believe.  

Personnaly I dont believe in any kind of God  or religeon in any shape or form.  As crusher mentions that means there is no devil either

Hope you have no problem with that.

Jim

• spy88 likes this

#5 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

Guys I have no problem with who anyone is or what they believe.  

Personnaly I dont believe in any kind of God  or religeon in any shape or form.  As crusher mentions that means there is no devil either

Hope you have no problem with that.

Jim

If someone had a problem with your phylosophy, that would relegate them to being closed minded, ignorant or naive. Open minded people of faith or not of faith will enjoy the banter in this topic.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#6 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

i believe their is a creator actually.

yeah - they are right for the wrong reasons, but their is a simulator.

sorry.

#7 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

:wub:So this is religion related, why then was my guns/golf post taken down....if this religious post gets to stay, then why not my post??? Even when PGA PRO Steve Stricker, one of the most popular and nicest guys/family man you ever met carries a 9mm on his person almost everywhere he goes. :rolleyes:

I was told by Mike, my guns/golf post was taken down because we DO NOT post topics about religious beliefs or other topics that could cause ignorant people to make insane posts...please don't flame, I'm really pissed my freedom of speech was violated and CENSORSHIP abounds :wub:

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#8 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:51 PM

i believe their is a creator actually.

yeah - they are right for the wrong reasons, but their is a simulator.

sorry.

Never, ever post a staunch statement then apologize at the end. You are not our statesman. You are a voice, nothing more.

• TRCThrobbinhood likes this

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:54 PM

:wub:So this is religion related, why then was my guns/golf post taken down....if this religious post gets to stay, then why not my post??? Even when Steve Stricker, one of the most popular and nicest guys/family man you ever met carries a 9mm on his person almost everywhere he goes. :rolleyes:

I was told by Mike, my guns/golf post was taken down because we DO NOT post topics about religious beliefs or other topics that could cause ignorant people to make insane posts...please don't flame, I'm really pissed my freedom of speech was violated and CENSORSHIP abounds :wub:

I guess they are a little busy trying to get the U5 update pushed out to everyone and have not even seen this thread. I appreciate religious and/or political threads are usually a no-go, or have been on other forums I have frequented.

#10 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:00 PM

Damn Crush, in your/our American humor way you were trying to be nice and she nails ya...cold blooded...or maybe her perception OR MINE...of your post did not THINK about if it was a compliment or rude....I hope she knows it was a broad statement not directed at her?  :wub:

Hell I don't know...tell us :D

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#11 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:44 PM

As soon as admin sees foul language in their forum, that post will get deleted or the topic will get closed. My guess is that this aggressive and foul person will never be muted here. This fact astounds me!  More so that the person is probably attempting to close the post with no regard to the OP.

You are correct.  My comment seemed ambigous but it was indeed, aimed at that foul person.

• IanK and TRCThrobbinhood like this

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#12 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:49 PM

I'm really pissed my freedom of speech was violated and CENSORSHIP abounds :wub:

There is no freedom of speech here. Google "freedom of speech" and educate yourself about what it really is.

#13 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

Back to topic: here are a few links from icr.org that kinda shows their take on some of this.

http://www.icr.org/i...without=any&op=

http://www.icr.org/tenets

http://www.icr.org/aaf

Fairwayman I agree with you (for what it's worth). Could be because the country they're from is a little more stringent on gun control issues.

If they take this thread down then it's God's decision not the devs. We have free will as long as it doesn't supersede God's will.
  • Fairwayman and trailblazergolf like this

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

#14 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

Most forums unless specifically dedicated to either religion or politics don't allow topics on either subject, we will allow it so long as everything stays respectful.

#15 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Ok Mike, great, I'm happy for pappy :D

#16 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:20 PM

delete..entered in error

#17 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

Most forums unless specifically dedicated to either religion or politics don't allow topics on either subject, we will allow it so long as everything stays respectful.

Appreciated Mike. It will stay respectful from my end but can't control what people put on.
  • Fairwayman and trailblazergolf like this

#18 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:43 PM

This is what I think.......

I don't think 'god' as you put it, and ok let's go with the word god on this thread, but I don't think he loves you as a parent loves their baby - I think he is more like the busy lab manager or senior engineer, and I think this view of god can be helpful because then you start to wonder about things from gods perspective rather than your own, which is really useful.....
If you consider all of this as gods experiment then you surely must wonder why he's running it - if you believe the universe is cyclic this says that perhaps god is seeking some kind of general principles, some kind of pattern and consistency through statistical distributions - so he's running it countless times for derive knowledge, or perhaps God has a hard time of things himself - perhaps he is seeking a way out of his own fate, which might not be a good one, and to me an eternal never ending cyclic universe provides a pretty good escape tunnel.
Life the universe and everything, what is the meaning of life - I think the meaning of life is to some extent to provide a little help and assistance to god and we need to address our relationship with him in an adult way - questioning god is allowed because thats what he wants you to do in order to make discoveries, he's big and mature enough to handle a bit of criticism or constructive introspection - he can even put up with an outburst, lols, we are much more help to god by hehaving as inquisitive technicians than by lying on our bellies like needy little turtles in the desert pleading for gods love - as much as he'd like to love you the senior engineer would be far more thankful if you had helped put a line on a page of his log book.

So litterally - think what you can do for god, he is vastly more intelligent than all of us but I believe he is not 'all knowing' and that's why the universe exists in the first place.

1 morwe thing - when you start thinking of it from gods perspective look how those huge old questions of philospohy such as the meaning of life - look how easily they start to fall down around you!

That's all I have to say, no more.

Thx.   

#19 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

Would be nice to hear from someone that truly knows the answer. Oh wait, no one knows for sure. It's all just speculation.

• Fairwayman likes this

#20 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:14 PM

SXsjzmW.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users