#61 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:40 AM

Acrilix, I guess you haven't been keeping up on the news on how a certain religion requires you to convert on pain of death.

Finally, the truth is revealed........that idiom............my way, or the highway.........makes no difference, still you trying to invoke your personal beliefs on others.........i'm outta here, and quite possibly gone from PP.....bad, bad thread..........

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#62 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

Crush re above:(doing this on a 7" tablet and harder to break down quotes like can be done on pc - Swype does make it tons easier tho) -- don't forget that my opening statement included a "loving God" so my responses sometimes might touch on that if warranted but you might be right Crush in that I might have gone over the line a little so I'll try to do better in future Crush - you can keep an eye on me ;).

Buck your comments and questions above may take a few days to respond but you will get it as there are answers to those.

Also just want to say I don't respond to inane sarcastic comments. If you don't like what's being said here than, fine, go on your way. I personally feel this topic is THE MOST IMPORTANT subject a person still alive on this planet should deal with as it involves eternity (our life span here is less than a snap of the finger compared to eternity). So I would hope (and pray) that he (she) would take this subject VERY seriously.

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#63 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

I try to retain a pretty open mind about most things but I just don't see why this forum is being used to discuss religion or anything other than things related to PG.  I personally wouldn't have opened an 'off topic' board because it achieves very little other than cause extra grief and hassle for the devs because they have to monitor this area too which then takes away valuable development time.

It's for certain that we won't all share the same religious beliefs and the one single thing that has brought everyone together on this forum is the promise of a great golf game.  So why anyone feels that this is the place for a discussion about anything other than online golf is beyond me.

• Briso likes this

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#64 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

Unfortunately some of us have to respond to the inane because that is all that is being offered to them!

I agree with the previous poster though that all this sort of talk will do is divide people. The very use of words like inane, and insane show very clearly that this thread has already begun to de-evolve. I think the best thing moderators could do is lock it now before this goes any further.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#65 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

Yep agree with the 2 posts above that this thread should be closed.    There are far more important things in the world to discuss than this 

#66 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:05 PM

Agree - Close it

Re:  Insane comment - Everyone please at least re-read that.

I worked very hard to ensure that I worded that to indicate the "comments" sound insane and I extremely purposely avoided a direct attack of Pappy - A point I think he appreciated and acknowledged.

...That said, even for "off topic", this one is way too off topic.

#67 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:32 PM

Buck, the problem is we all have to play word games here because, on a forum you are not allowed to ridicule the ridiculous. Ultimately that just makes commenting a waste of time, and eventually people just say what they think in plainer and plainer ways until it is completely unacceptable!!  :lol:

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#68 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

Buck, the problem is we all have to play word games here because, on a forum you are not allowed to ridicule the ridiculous. Ultimately that just makes commenting a waste of time, and eventually people just say what they think in plainer and plainer ways until it is completely unacceptable!!  :lol:

I totally hear you and also think that this thread should be closed. 

I actually also sent a private message to Pappy to let him know that I don't see the benefit of going back-and-forth anymore at this point and I really appreciate his viewpoints on golf… So I'm hoping we can just keep stuff on this forum related to that. 

#69 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

⛳️Right on Buck, we have made our points, now lets go enjoy our free will⛳️

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#70 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

Pappy.. 84.9 % of the 6.9 billion people in the world  believe in some sort of God or religion. you're in good company.

In North Korea it is punishable by death to possess a bible.   they are in good company.  :lol:

thanks to all the atheists that prove my point. :D :D :D :D :D

#71 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

glad i came to the last page first.lol

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#72 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

Pappy.. 84.9 % of the 6.9 billion people in the world  believe in some sort of God or religion. you're in good company.

In North Korea it is punishable by death to possess a bible.   they are in good company.  :lol:

thanks to all the atheists that prove my point. :D :D :D :D :D

Good recent update on the declining numbers worldwide.

With the U.S. being exception, in general the more advanced the nation, the less religious they are....(circling back to my first post in this thread about the centuries ahead and the role knowledge of science and technology)  

In the First world countries, the young generations are paving a new path which is great.  Nice to see the "new people" deciding how to live based upon reality that's observable and using the same analysis and scientific techniques that allowed us to build the modern world we are enjoying right on this forum.

http://www.patheos.c...inced-atheists/

#73 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

http://atheistempire...stats/index.php

still way outnumbered.. maybe in a few hundred years they may come close. 

#74 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

http://atheistempire...stats/index.php

still way outnumbered.. maybe in a few hundred years they may come close. 

You obviously missed my first post in this thread...

#75 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:11 PM

You obviously missed my first post in this thread...

no.. you just lost me at "fairy tale"

#76 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

no.. you just lost me at "fairy tale"

Other than "children" in bullet one, it sounds pretty accurate to me. 

http://i.imgur.com/bBPHZOSl.jpg

No need to mention this either (see bullet 2)

http://i.imgur.com/58DupDbl.jpg

Science doesn't work this way (wouldn't work at all)

That's the core of the issue - A religious person says "I do have evidence" - But that "evidence" is "faith", which isn't evidence of any kind in the scientific world.

Anyways - I'm out.  haha.  

Hopefully this gets closed.

Let's get back to golf.

#77 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:25 PM

yes.. I'll take my "fairy tale" printed more than 800.000.000 times to your ..uh.. what?    tomorrow it will be printed another 5000 times.

I think it's impossible to hate the thought of something you do not believe in.

#78 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

I think it's impossible to hate the thought of something you do not believe in.

I believe what there's evidence for...

There's just no scientific evidence for religious stories.  See above (reposted below)

A religious person says "I do have evidence" - But that "evidence" is "faith", which isn't evidence of any kind in the scientific world.

....back to golf.

#79 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

So we have encouraged freedom of speech here and allowed the topic to go on for a week or two but I think everyone who wanted to say something has said their piece and it's time to move onto other subjects.

• Fairwayman, Tigers Agent, ✠ davef ✠ and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users