trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:41 PM

2 words---or maybe few more--lol----

yes - believe in one true living God--and in His only begotten Son Jesus Christ ---

• Tigers Agent likes this

#42 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:05 PM

It's plain to see by the responses the difference between the theist and the atheist. who's arms are so easily twisted to read something they are against. why don't you start your own thread against religion?

#43 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

Na, I think its aparent where I stand.....so done
  • trailblazergolf likes this

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#44 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

It's plain to see by the responses the difference between the theist and the atheist. who's arms are so easily twisted to read something they are against. why don't you start your own thread against religion?

I saw absolutely nothing in the original post by Pappy that indicated you have to believe in God or in any way agree with him to comment here.

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:14 PM

Na, I think its aparent where I stand.....so done

Completely agree.

I tried to be 110% respectful in my post and am also moving on. 

#46 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

Just bought a load of Orville Redenbacher stock. You should too!  

#47 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:06 PM

My Dad, many, many years ago, taught me to never argue religion or politics but to respect both. To this day, I follow that advice because to do otherwise is to either sound like an elitist or a fool. To each their own. Note, no where did I indicate my position on either subject which IMHO is the way it should be.

• Kablammo11, NoPutt and spy88 like this
Richard

Posted Image

#48 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:10 PM

My Dad taught me to never argue religion or politics but to respect both.

Note, no where did I indicate my position on either subject which IMHO is the way it should be.

"the way it should be" is don't indicare your position on something simply because it might be controversial?

One can have disagreements while being respectful.  That's an essential part of having debate on any subject.  

The problem with that Richard is that we have a lot of religious politicians trying to inject their beliefs into actual laws, public schools, textbooks, equality issues etc.

Having no opinion is convenient but problematic also in this case.

#49 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

The only problem with that Richard is that we have a lot of religious politicians trying to inject their beliefs into actual laws, public schools, textbooks, equality issues etc.

Having no opinion is convenient but problematic also in this case. 

Buck, I guess I need to add clarification. No where did I see I have no opinion. Also I can't control what others say or do. I'm out of this topic since I have no more to add.

• spy88 likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#50 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:20 PM

Buck, I guess I need to add clarification. No where did I see I have no opinion. Also I can't control what others say or do. I'm out of this topic since I have no more to add.

Fair point

#51 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:24 PM

My Dad, many, many years ago, taught me to never argue religion or politics but to respect both. To this day, I follow that advice because to do otherwise is to either sound like an elitist or a fool. To each their own. Note, no where did I indicate my position on either subject which IMHO is the way it should be.

Richard I don't believe in arguing religion either. Saying what you believe and feel is not arguing. For one thing Christianity shouldn't be a religion (another name for out is The Way as in way of life). For another I don't try to talk or coerce anybody into what I believe as some religions do - it's totally your choice. Someday we will have to answer for the choices we made - everybody will bow low to the God of the universe.

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#52 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:27 PM

Someday we will have to answer for the choices we made - everybody will bow low to the God of the universe.

...well, that's your belief anyways (which is great!  All for everyone believing what the prefer). 

Science oriented people like myself are pretty convincingly in the camp of "it's over when you die" like all other species here on Earth, so to each our own. 

#53 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:27 PM

Richard I don't believe in arguing religion either. Saying what you believe and feel is not arguing. For one thing Christianity shouldn't be a religion (another name for out is The Way as in way of life). For another I don't try to talk or coerce anybody into what I believe as some religions do - it's totally your choice. Someday we will have to answer for the choices we made - everybody will bow low to the God of the universe.

Pappy, you and others, regardless of which faith they follow, are 100% entitled to their belief. I also have a belief, I just choose not to publish it. It may or may not coincide with yours. You'll never know.

• spy88 likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#54 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:48 AM

For another I don't try to talk or coerce anybody into what I believe as some religions do.......

This is truly a laughable statement to make after posting the statement you did in your opening post, thinly disguised as a question in the title, and then to follow it up with links to sites and video that we should watch.

The 'blindness' of people with faith, even to their own actions is, at times, truly astounding! 

• Mulligan, karma4u, jimbob59 and 1 other like this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#55 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:11 PM

This is truly a laughable statement to make after posting the statement you did in your opening post, thinly disguised as a question in the title, and then to follow it up with links to sites and video that we should watch.
The 'blindness' of people with faith, even to their own actions is, at times, truly astounding!

Acrilix, I guess you haven't been keeping up on the news on how a certain religion requires you to convert on pain of death. I tell you guys what I believe including info links to go to expand on that, nothing more. Totally your decision Acrilix, what are you so worried and upset about. No one is twisting your arm. I can tell you what's happening tho, the Evil One (aka Satan) hates God so he goes around trying to convince His special creation (mankind) that God doesn't exist, it's all a myth, etc etc. Someday (I think soon) He is going to destroy this present earth, put Satan and his minions in a place where they won't bother anyone for eternity, and remake a new earth as it was (no evil, pain, death etc). Now I put this info out and you can do with it as you wish Acrilix. As my wife likes to say"it's your choice". Although I'm not surprised by your anger as that reaction happens a lot when confronted with the true and living God.

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

#56 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:33 PM

Pappy - at first you assumed that I had not read the Bible, and now you assume that I am angry. I would suggest that this shows that your judgement is a little flawed. Of course, some would argue that your initial post showed that anyway!!  ;)

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#57 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:58 AM

I can tell you what's happening tho, the Evil One (aka Satan) hates God so he goes around trying to convince His special creation (mankind) that God doesn't exist, it's all a myth, etc etc. Someday (I think soon) He is going to destroy this present earth, put Satan and his minions in a place where they won't bother anyone for eternity, and remake a new earth as it was (no evil, pain, death etc).

Pappy -

I would imagine that it's very difficult for you to put yourself in the minds of those that prefer to live a demonstrable, factual and evidence based reality....

To us, that statement above, quite honestly, sounds borderline insane.

I absolutely am not trying to offend you, so please try not to take it that way.  I'm just sharing with you what comes to my mind when I read what you wrote there.  

It sounds beyond nuts - Certifiably "put me in a home", "I'm talking to the wall & seeing things" level of nuts

#58 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

Buck you're not offending me, thank you for your honesty. And you're right for some it does sound borderline insane - for a majority of people in fact. God followers have always been in the minority for whatever reason only God knows. The majority could care less about God, but sad to say at the last trump it will be to late. He gives people plenty of chances with abundant evidence that He exists AND cares. As long as you're still alive Buck the door is still open and He is still knocking. He does certainly exist.

#59 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:45 AM

Buck you're not offending me, thank you for your honesty. And you're right for some it does sound borderline insane - for a majority of people in fact. God followers have always been in the minority for whatever reason only God knows. The majority could care less about God, but sad to say at the last trump it will be to late. He gives people plenty of chances with abundant evidence that He exists AND cares. As long as you're still alive Buck the door is still open and He is still knocking. He does certainly exist.

Uh oh Pappy.  I thought you wanted opinions?  Now you're preaching, I figured that would happen. Sadly you're showing the public that born-again-christians are over the top.

You cannot be changed, and you cannot change anyone else.  Best to revert back to opinions and not preaching.

Atheists will take over this world one day because religions will eventually destroy each other. Atheists will continue to advance technologies and make the world a better place to live.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#60 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:47 AM

@Pappy:

I really want to thank you for being, without a doubt, the most polite and calmly minded expressionist of religious ideals.  I truly appreciate that you are so calm and thoughtful in your response.

Regarding your post...

I would really appreciate you sharing some of the "evidence" of God's existence and that he "cares".  

(you mentioned that evidence is in abundance, so I assume this should be simple)

Please keep in mind that you are speaking to a rational person here.  Evidence can not be personal anecdotes, old books, supposition, speculation, insights, hopes, dreams, visions, something you heard at Church, something you heard from someone who heard something at church, lightning flashes (we know what those are), weather, floods, rhythms of the soul, anything about the soul or feelings, and most especially anything even approaching the word "faith", etc.

A final comment, more in general.  Have you noticed how concerned you are about "after life"?  It's quite the scare tactic religion likes to put on people.  Fear is a depressing state to live in.   :-(

Since nobody knows what happens after you die (since nobody can die and report back), the most rational way to live is work with what we know.

I'd recommend living your life to the fullest, treating others with respect, loving, laughing, drinking if you please, smoking if you please....etc

Don't worry about "maybe's" and work with "knowns"....like the here and now

Enjoy it.  

Based on anything we can prove, this is the only life you get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users