Photo

Is This Still Planning on being Released before the End of 2013?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#81 JohnEtham

JohnEtham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Even if the game is launched in 12 months.  I'll still be around (Well, I hope I will,lol).  I just sat at the moment twiggling my thumbs because the other golf game has server issues with regard to the Halloween update, and this has been an issue for the last 3 days and is still ongoing!!!   The online community are in need of Perfect Parallel and your timing of Winter 2013 could be "Perfect" :)

Good Luck to all at Perfect Parallel, and Good Work Guys.

• spikel likes this

#82 VIXEN_VIKKI

VIXEN_VIKKI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, UK

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

As far as i am concerned there are no other online golf games

out there now worth playing, unless you like to keep paying to be able to compete,

lets hope that when PP does release its an annual fee only and everyone competes

on a level playing field.....oh and please hurry PP i'm so BOREDDDDDDDD 

• CSR likes this

#83 spikel

spikel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

Even if the game is launched in 12 months.  I'll still be around (Well, I hope I will,lol).  I just sat at the moment twiggling my thumbs because the other golf game has server issues with regard to the Halloween update, and this has been an issue for the last 3 days and is still ongoing!!!   The online community are in need of Perfect Parallel and your timing of Winter 2013 could be "Perfect" :)

Good Luck to all at Perfect Parallel, and Good Work Guys.

I know what a pain!

#84 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for update look forward to having and playing perfect golf for us golf fans. 

#85 georgepro66

georgepro66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Take your time get it right, I still have TW Masters in off line version if I need a fix, from the looks of things you guys are coming up with an ideal product, don't let these folks stress you, take your time and get it right, look forward to the eventual release.

#86 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

Don't mean to be rude, but all you guys are doing is feeding the fire. Put it out there , fix the bugs when they are reported. In other words. All this patting on the back is getting no where. Just launch the game for goodness sake

#87 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Don't mean to be rude, but all you guys are doing is feeding the fire. Put it out there , fix the bugs when they are reported. In other words. All this patting on the back is getting no where. Just launch the game for goodness sake

Ladies and gentlemen, please give a big hand for Mr. Impatient.

:D

If they already know of certain bugs, why put it out if they can work on getting them fixed first. You're not out of pocket by the game not being made available yet, so just let them release a version when they are ready.

#88 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

good post im kinda wondering when we are going to get served the next dose of kool-aid.

i hAVE LOST INTREST AT ALL IN THIS AS THERE ARE JUST SO MANY PEOPLE IN HERE TELLING THEM TO TAKE ALL THE TIME THEY NEED .lol

i guess some of you are willing to wait till summer or fall,hey i remember reading here one time there was going to be another alpha phy coming in october

since the first one was only put up to cool the masses and shut some of the people up who where willing to go for it. we all ran EA in the ground well where im looking from this is worst

at lest we had a game even if it was not the best there.

done venting and waiting     as i have gotten real bored with PC golf all together anyway so much more in life to do other then waiting on games.    

im really wonderingif iwill ever see game   before im     even older and grayer

• Richard and nightowl like this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#89 spikel

spikel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

I don't care how long it takes and I don't feel like I'm entitled to anything. I am still looking forward to this as a golf sim player because there are no other golf sims in development. They're a small team and it looks like they're really making something special, so it doesn't bother me if it takes another year.

#90 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

There seem to be a few people here that can't grasp the fact that a team of 4 people cannot produce a quality product in the same time as a team of 400.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#91 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

as they say you get what you paid for and we have paid for nothing so we have got nothing,other then a silly forum

for those of you who have nothing better to do then sit and read. as for the small team crap and all well maybe they just should have kept their traps shut and got the game put together

before leading people here to listen to their input which we all know there will not be much taken because they have such a small team.lol and how will support be with this small team

well the way things have gone with this i really doubt we will ever see a game.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#92 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

I honestly don't wish to troll this thread... but when it arrives, you can then play it. As for the phase you're likely going through, I'm guessing it is Golf Withdrawal.

The turn of seasons, and the fate alot of us suffer due to not easily finding outdoor golf enjoyable, means we retreat to pc golf. I'm wondering if you retreated too early, and have used up your quota of stroke play. We're usually allotted a certain amount of games, played in stroke format before we need those inevitable Stableford and Team games. A long run of stroke games can have devastating effects on you though, they need to be interspersed with alternative play. I'd suggest trying a new treatment, called 9 holes. It's a form of slow withdrawal, and can help long term sufferers of Golf Withdrawal. it also allows a broader outlook, because of the decision related start to the therapy... the front 9 or the back 9. Having to make those decisions comfortably, allows you to regain your stance and keep your head still when actually taking your medicine. Give it a go.. what else have you to lose..... Fore...!

#93 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

as they say you get what you paid for and we have paid for nothing so we have got nothing,other then a silly forum

for those of you who have nothing better to do then sit and read. as for the small team crap and all well maybe they just should have kept their traps shut and got the game put together

before leading people here to listen to their input which we all know there will not be much taken because they have such a small team.lol and how will support be with this small team

well the way things have gone with this i really doubt we will ever see a game.

A silly forum? Why do you come back every now and again then? Surely if it is silly, as you suggest, it is not worth your or anyone else's time.

I'm sure plenty of us have other things to do than just sit and watch and wait for PP to get Perfect Golf in to some releasable shape, I know I do. This site is not the be all and end all of my day/life. I call in frequently to see what is going on, who is posting, see if the Dev's have had anything to say.

You also hit the nail on the head. We haven't paid for anything, so why should we be able to demand we have something made available to us, just because some folks seem to need it like their next fix, lol. If this waiting is not for you and your confidence in the project has waned, then go off and find something else to take up your time. The rest of us will continue to wait.

You have to remember that they are not just solely working on a golf game, the main focus of their development is to have the software running for golf simulators. The golf game is an off-shoot of this, as the PC can make use of the same software they use for the simulators, but obviously they have to develop the interface for the game for control via mouse and not someone standing in a booth hitting balls at a screen. The simulator side of things was always going to be their priority.

Perhaps they tried to run a little before they could walk, with some of the projected release dates and what software we were all going to get our hands on with regard to the project. This causes some to question the project and what it set out to deliver and some even question we will ever see a game. I still have faith. Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist who constantly lives in hope. Maybe I know something you don't. Who knows.

;)

#94 VIXEN_VIKKI

VIXEN_VIKKI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, UK

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

I understand that we need to be patient and wait until PP are ready in order that we get to enjoy a bug-free workable game along with all

the added features but because we have now entered that time bracket (Nov-Mar) obviously peeps will start to get figity, (i am) especially since

we have not really had any more info on this subject since Sept....in view of this i am guessing the later date is favourite (at best), but PP must know how

many people are working behind the scenes, the hours available , the work and testing that still needs to be done, the time it will take for licences to be obtained etc...

Any update would be much appreciated, the season of good will is fast approaching and there is only one thing i want in my christmas stockings...

#95 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

@VIXEN_VIKKI - You are right, it is perfectly possible to calculate times when everything is going right. Unfortunately, with programming, this is not always the case. Solving a problem may take 5 minutes or 5 hours/days/weeks etc. In fact some problems may never be solved, and a complete restart may be needed with a different approach to overcome the problem. I'm afraid that it's these things that can throw estimated times completely out of the window.

Perfect Parallel are also funding this project with other projects which obviously have to take priority for financial reasons, and these could spring up at any time to cause further delays with the game's development.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#96 Gary_A_D

Gary_A_D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

With WGT, i'd take back TWO until Perfect Golf has been released. WGT is a joke. I don't have a high end computer, so i'm limited on what I can play at the moment. WGT and OGC.com is about it, but I hate OGC more than WGT, so i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Does anyone have a pillow I can borrow?

#97 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hang in there, Gary and Vikki: The good old times will return. Not necessarily here and not necessarily soon (give or take an ice age or two). But they will return. Probably. Maybe. Hopefully...

At the latest in 3 to 4 years time when Apple and Microsoft join forces and merge their OS's*)  and I can get back to Links Golf.

*) prophecy made by K11 - you read it here first

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#98 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

With WGT, i'd take back TWO until Perfect Golf has been released. WGT is a joke. I don't have a high end computer, so i'm limited on what I can play at the moment. WGT and OGC.com is about it, but I hate OGC more than WGT, so i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Does anyone have a pillow I can borrow?

You don't need a high end computer to play the best golf game ever for the PC - Links 2003. Just sayin ...

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#99 ERASERhead1

ERASERhead1

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Going on a month since last update which was posted in Daz's thread http://www.perfectpa...lf-development/

This response is one of the reasons I created this thread.  With the lack of communication and the fact that you have to read between the lines with what little dialogue there has been it's no wonder people are getting impatient and doubtful.

Perfect Golf (Demo) Goal is Beta Release Winter 2013:  (Dec - Mar) :

Before this update what we had was: Immersive 3D Golf Game provides a new take on golf - Coming Winter 2013

So now their golf game has become a demo first and winter 2013 now includes quarter one 2014?

Have people even read their product page for Perfect Golf?  http://www.perfectpa...perfect-golf-r3

How many of those features are still being planned?  Which brings me to points made months ago that communication, updating the site, and checking in from time to time are all important if you want to gain/build trust from the people that have shown interest and supported the project from ground zero.

I would imagine people would try to remain optimistic when you see those people with hundreds of posts on this dead site.

As far as the four developer defense... well, if that's really the case that they only got four guys working on this then everyone definitely better get used to waiting and working on their patience. 

The one thing that I can say to their credit right now is they haven't tried this whole 'early access' garbage that has been becoming all the more popular these days, where devs are now charging for unfinished games.  However, that is still a concern when I see 'demo' now attached to their estimated release date, as nowadays it's becoming a trend for indie developers to charge for demos/betas with the promise that the game will get better and they will fix problems/add new features.

There is very little to stay excited about with this game.  Hopefully that will change very soon in the coming months.  If that's not a realistic expectation for the product, than a little honesty would go a long way.

And by the way, it takes 10-20 minutes TOPS to post a message or create a new thread.  As someone who works for a living and often times crazy hours that comment about being too busy was a bit annoying.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#100 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

All I know is Perfect Parallel Golf offers hope for PC golfers.  Some of the people might be playing one of the other online golf games for PC players and that is fine.  I will wait until Perfect Golf is deemed ready for release by the developement team.   I am as impatient as anyone else but I'd much rather have a quality product at release than a progressive weekly update as it seemed TWO became.  Which by the way fixed few or none of the previous weeks problems.  LOL!  No I can wait as long as it takes PP. 

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users