Photo

Is This Still Planning on being Released before the End of 2013?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#61 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

great news, I picked a good day to check back in on the forum! I see many are getting impatient with things going slowly, which I find odd considering the last game was 2k3! I prefer time is taken, even if it is another year as this game is going to be a cracker :D takes as long as u want I say

For me, it's not a problem with them taking time. I would prefer they took as long as needed to make sure the game and everything associated with it is as it needs to be.

It's the periods between posts from PP. I know work is going on behind the scenes and they are committed to long days, but I still find it boggling that a regular weekly update can't be posted by someone, even if it only contains brief snippets of info.

At least when some of the updates come, they do contain some good stuff, lol.

;)

#62 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

Those of us who have been around and talked to the owners of this company know they stick to their word.  Yeah, it will be released before 2014.

;)

#63 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

Very nice update, looking forward to something to mess with!

#64 vackillers

vackillers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

Alright so here is a brief update.

1) East Lake - Yes we are working hard on something for the PGA Tour.  Live 24/7 virtual TV coverage of the event.  Watch every shot by every player if you like live in a virtual 3D environment.  Wake up on Thursday morning and select your featured group and watch them tee off on the first hole and play their round, with leaderboards, scorecards and player banners.  We are really excited about this development and its potential 

2) Course Forge - You will see Course Forge this year - We just have had other things that have prevented us from putting the finishing touches on it.  We have however already provided Course Forge commercially with great success to other companies building golf related products.  One customer said... "We've been working with CF for a few days now and it really is an amazing tool and its really saving us on our project."

3) Perfect Golf - We have a working game which basically allows you to play golf on our content.  This will be the main focus of our development over the next couple of months. 

4) Builds - We now have a MAC guru on board who is responsible for all our MAC related builds of our programs.

5) Courses - We are nearing completion on our first 10 pack of courses and are currently working on about 2 new ones per week.  the goal is to get as close to 40 by the end of the year as we can

So you can see although we are quiet around here we have been very busy.  I know its frustrating when we are not posting all the time but to be honest when you are working for 14 hours a day at the PC it is hard to get on the forums and post.  No excuses just how it is.

Although the East Lake will be a closed beta we are hopeful that everyone registered to this forum will be invited to check it out.

Andrew

Thanks for this fairly big update on where things are at.... People may be a little on the impatient side (I'm one of them) but its just simply because we are all just so desprate to play this game after waiting a long wait like we have with steam greenlight, kickstarter and everything else that's been slow going.. We all support the work you're doing, support the fact you aren't with a big publisher and I do think we'll all be better off for it. I'm very much looking forward to the final product and hope to see it on steam this winter.

• ChickenLittle99 and Grindalways like this

#65 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Andrew,  Thanks a lot for the update info, it is sincerely appreciated!!!

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#66 elguapo79

elguapo79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

I've been following for several months, at least. Can't remember, exactly. I'm sure it was at least a month or two before the kickstarter. I come back once a week or so to check on things.

Anyway, just wanted to be an(other) active poster and lend my morale support!

I can't get to a lot of games in depth with two little guys on my lap most of the time, but I think that this could be a game I'd get to sink my teeth into.

Can't wait!

#67 dr-nix

dr-nix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

I'm really happy that this game is still getting released. I will admit to not being a big golf nut but i enjoyed the Tiger Woods series on PC and since i don't own a console (and don't want to) i'm pretty much stuck with tw08 atm. This is a given buy for me as soon as you make it available.

• truckerkills likes this

- I typed "rm -rf /*" and now my system won't boot!

#68 WeedWhacker141

WeedWhacker141

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Patiently waiting......OK, so I'm doing the best I can, as I know you guys are!

• truckerkills likes this

#69 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

Any news on the hi-res East Lake video of shots being hit?

The one that was mentioned after the low-res mobile phone video that was posted.

;)

#70 Grindalways

Grindalways

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Ready To Play, WGT Is A Rip Off!!

• CSR likes this

#71 truckerkills

truckerkills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

That's hardly fair Daz, although I feel your exasperation for things to move at a quicker pace we did release the first playable alpha demo or our environments and physics. I feel that was a pretty big step and we are making further ones behind the scenes too but as always NDA's stop us talking about some things. In order to keep development going we obviously need to create revenue and because of this, things move more slowly on the game side of things than they would if we had a multi million $ publisher to fund us.

The downside of having a large publisher involved is that it's most likely you would lose a lot of control over the game and end up with some watered down version of the original concept, so sometimes it pays to be patient in order for us to develop the game that you guys want to play.

Looking forward to the game , as allway's, and will wait. Do it right and take ur time :)

• Tigers Agent likes this

#72 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

I'm just so excited for Perfect Golf and Course Forge.  I just gotta be patient.... ;)

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#73 TeenZ

TeenZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

I am very busy so wouldn't have much time to play right now. Take as long as you possibly need. I will be here in 3, 6, 9 or 18 months ready to enjoy your game :)

#74 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

For me, it's not a problem with them taking time. I would prefer they took as long as needed to make sure the game and everything associated with it is as it needs to be.

It's the periods between posts from PP. I know work is going on behind the scenes and they are committed to long days, but I still find it boggling that a regular weekly update can't be posted by someone, even if it only contains brief snippets of info.

At least when some of the updates come, they do contain some good stuff, lol.

;)

yea I see your point, that's just human nature ;)

#75 CSR

CSR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Thank you Andrew.

#76 CSR

CSR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

I am so pumped to play! Patience is a virtue. 

#77 truckerkills

truckerkills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

I think everyone is behind PP, just that we are all waiting with anticipation cause the game sounds.. to be excellent ;) 

#78 ERASERhead1

ERASERhead1

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

Checking in again with you guys.

Any new brief update you can give us?

#79 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

You need this thread... or better still read the new threads, using the top right corner link detailed View New Content

#80 ERASERhead1

ERASERhead1

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yea, I found that info but thanks.

Maybe... nevermind... looks like Daz mentioned communication in his thread as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users